Happy birthday u.s. Marine corps

Pilot70D

Today, November 10Th, is the Marine Corps' birthday. Happy birthday to the Marine Corps and thank you to all currently serving and former Marines.

SEMPER FI

I was thinking about that this morning. I used to call my brother every year on the Marine Corps Birthday and wish him happy birthday. Did that for 40+ years but sadly I can't do it anymore for the 2nd year.. Happy Birthday to all Marines...

Happy Birthday Marine Corps!!! I had the true honour to spend the day with the Marine Corps yesterday at Miramar. What an incredible group of men (& women). I have the upmost respect for these individuals - the United States is so very fortunate to have their Marines - they truly are the best of the best!

Having been stationed at DaNang in 68-69 with the 6924th Scty Sq, the only AF unit, right in the middle of a marine battalion on the road to Dog Patch,and Freedom Hill, I would like to again say thanks to the Marines for keeping Charley off our backs.PS, our unit was already there when you guys came wading ashore.

Having been stationed at DaNang in 68-69 with the 6924th Scty Sq, the only AF unit, right in the middle of a marine battalion on the road to Dog Patch,and Freedom Hill, I would like to again say thanks to the Marines for keeping Charley off our backs.PS, our unit was already there when you guys came wading ashore.

The Marines landed in 1965. and ah yes the wonderful city of Dog Patch enroute to Hill 327 aka Freedom Hill, although I had only been in country 3 days and was told to go watch the Bob Hope special in 1969 in DaNang I think i had row 5432

Pete

SEMPER FI Dad!!!

We would not be cruising if it weren't for you and mom getting us started in this great vacation fun! I miss you... this is the first USMC birthday without you. You were so handsome in your dress blues each year for the formal! God Bless you all!

SEMPER FI Dad!!!

We would not be cruising if it weren't for you and mom getting us started in this great vacation fun! I miss you... this is the first USMC birthday without you. You were so handsome in your dress blues each year for the formal! God Bless you all!

Aren't all Marines so beautiful in Dress Blues! Where is your Marine?

Happy Birthday and many many thanks.

You know what's really cool about the Marines? There's no such thing as an ex-Marine. Our foster son is a major with the JAG in California- we are proud of him and his service. (Hey, even Marines need legal advice sometimes!! :))

You are correct there are no ex-Marines. the only ex-Marines are those with punitive discharges or that deserted.

Myself - I am a former Marine who is proud to have served from 1964-1971 and in Viet Nam during 1967-1968. For a couple of previous posters, I was in the mountains overlooking Da Nang. Glad to see that we all made it. Semper Fi.

:):):)

:cool: Sorry, But I am not a former Marine. I subscribe to that 'once a Marine, always a Marine' tenet, and consider myself a Marine veteran at the least, and a Marine for life. In 67-68 did you ever respond to an ANGLICO fire request?

You are correct there are no ex-Marines. the only ex-Marines are those with punitive discharges or that deserted.

Myself - I am a former Marine who is proud to have served from 1964-1971 and in Viet Nam during 1967-1968. For a couple of previous posters, I was in the mountains overlooking Da Nang. Glad to see that we all made it. Semper Fi.

:):):)

Aren't all Marines so beautiful in Dress Blues! Where is your Marine?

My Dad passed away last December- at age 80! He lived a great life and was so proud to be a Marine! To answer your question, he is resting peacefully in Arlington with my mother. What a great Honor for him!

:cool: Sorry' date=' But I am not a former Marine. I subscribe to that 'once a Marine, always a Marine' tenet, and consider myself a Marine veteran at the least, and a Marine for life. In 67-68 did you ever respond to an ANGLICO fire request?[/quote']

The answer is yes. We worked with many Marine Corps units as well as the ROK Marines, the navy and the airforce.

Hanoi Hannah did not like us very much.

;););)

Archived