Full parking garage with Oasis and Allure?

We are on the Jewel 1/14 cruise, which is leaving from Ft. Lauderdale on that itinerary.

With the Oasis and the Allure now both leaving from there at 6000 pax a piece, is there any room left in the parking garage? We are leaving on Friday, which means all the cars from both ships (the ones that drove in anyway) will be in the garage already from both Allure and Oasis from their previous Saturday and Sunday departures.

I know I could stay at a hotel in the area for the night before and leave my car there, but it works out to be about the same price for parking fees versus the one night hotel stay, so I would rather just drive the 3 hours that morning it takes to get there from the house to keep it simple.

Until the Allure actually sails full on a 7 day cruise, I don't think anyone will have an idea of what parking is going to be like. I would give it a few weeks and see. Another option is a private car service from your area. My Mom can get a car service from her area just south of you (between Melbourne and Vero Beach) for $100 each way.

Until the Allure actually sails full on a 7 day cruise, I don't think anyone will have an idea of what parking is going to be like. I would give it a few weeks and see. Another option is a private car service from your area. My Mom can get a car service from her area just south of you (between Melbourne and Vero Beach) for $100 each way.

Thanks, that is a pretty good deal, but naturally will be more as we are 60 miles or more to the North. Parking garage at 15 bucks a day times 10 is 150 bucks, so still cheaper and of course not depending on others for transport.

I am hoping RCI has pre-thought about the parking nightmare this dual mega ship situation may present??

Here is an alternative.

http://www.connect2cruise.com/schedule.php

I have never used this service but have seen the bus at the ships several times.

I have used Cruise Connection several times. It is $80 per person from Naples, so it is worth it from a financial standpoint for 7-day or longer cruises. I have even paid more to use Cruise Connection than parking would be for a shorter cruise because it is so easy.

Are you leaving from terminal 18? This is the terminal that the Oasis/Allure use and they have their own parking lot. Keep in mind that last year when just the Oasis was in service, other ships used this terminal also and there were no issues with parking. It's a good sized lot.

I am not sure what terminal we are using, as the Jewel has only a limited engagement at the Fort Lauderdale port, and I can't find anything online with RCI or the port authority website as to what garage to use.

Just going to follow signs when we pull into the area, and of course will be directed by the guard gate too, I assume. Will be another good thing to arrive early as usual.

Here is an alternative.

http://www.connect2cruise.com/schedule.php

I have never used this service but have seen the bus at the ships several times.

Thanks, that IS a good website. However, the closest pick up spot to my house is still 45 miles away, and a heck of a taxi ride. Guess I live too far up here in the boonies!! :eek:

Extremely convenient to Port Canaveral at 5 miles away...but FLL is the place to be for the Jewel. Maybe I could get the captain to make an extra stop up here at "my port"... ;) :rolleyes: :p

We are on the Jewel 1/14 cruise, which is leaving from Ft. Lauderdale on that itinerary.

With the Oasis and the Allure now both leaving from there at 6000 pax a piece, is there any room left in the parking garage? We are leaving on Friday, which means all the cars from both ships (the ones that drove in anyway) will be in the garage already from both Allure and Oasis from their previous Saturday and Sunday departures.

I know I could stay at a hotel in the area for the night before and leave my car there, but it works out to be about the same price for parking fees versus the one night hotel stay, so I would rather just drive the 3 hours that morning it takes to get there from the house to keep it simple.

Hey Pat!! What day of the week are you sailing? If it is not a Saturday or Sunday, they will probably use terminal 18 where Oasis and Allure dock. But if it is a weekend, you will probably be at another terminal -- probably 25 -- that has a walkway to the mid-port terminal.

I would think that if Jewel is a mid-week and the parking lot was full, that they would bus you to and from another parking lot.

Also, Alure and Oasis get more fly-in than drive to traffic.

Hey Pat!! What day of the week are you sailing? If it is not a Saturday or Sunday, they will probably use terminal 18 where Oasis and Allure dock. But if it is a weekend, you will probably be at another terminal -- probably 25 -- that has a walkway to the mid-port terminal.

I would think that if Jewel is a mid-week and the parking lot was full, that they would bus you to and from another parking lot.

Where did you see that information? Do you have a link?

wouldn't most passengers be flying in and not using the parking lot? I guess everything would depend on how many spots the lot has, but if you get there early enough, say between 10 and 11. you should be fine.

Thanks, I am probably just worried for nothing, and yes....I plan on getting there about 11am.

Well hello back at 'cha Sherri!! :)

I depart on a Friday, and return on a Tuesday. The Allure an Oasis are Sat/Sun departures, so those cars from both ships will already be in the lot when I get there.

Not sure what terminal the Jewel will be using, as I still have not received my edocs.

Guess I am just judging from what I see at Port Canaveral. When I tried to find parking in the garage there for my Monarch cruise, the garage was almost full from all the FOS pax that were out on their cruise. I would have thought most of those would have been fly ins also, but boy there were a lot of cars! :eek:

Naturally I just worry too much, and I am sure all will go just swimmingly fine! :)

Check out Park n Fly.

You can book a reservation for your car and their shuttle service is great.

Gramps

You must be talking about the airport area? I thought of that too, but I think I will just

keep it simple and use the terminal parking. It is only a 3 hour drive to the port from my house, and I will just get there early to find parking.

Can't be much difference in price, and will be nice to get to our car as soon as we disembark to be on our way home without the hassle of the shuttles and luggage transfers.

Thanks to all for your help and ideas. :)

We live in Miami and when we take cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, we park in the Park n' ride, it services both the airport and cruise ships. We got the rate of 1/2 what the parking lot would be and they drop you off directly in front of the terminal AND were waiting for us on the return. If you have AAA look it up it has discounts. The parking lots at Ft. Lauderdale with all the new terminals is too confusing. Hope this helps.

We live in Miami and when we take cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, we park in the Park n' ride, it services both the airport and cruise ships. We got the rate of 1/2 what the parking lot would be and they drop you off directly in front of the terminal AND were waiting for us on the return. If you have AAA look it up it has discounts. The parking lots at Ft. Lauderdale with all the new terminals is too confusing. Hope this helps.

Thanks also....guess I need to check them out! :)

Well hello back at 'cha Sherri!! :)

I depart on a Friday, and return on a Tuesday. The Allure an Oasis are Sat/Sun departures, so those cars from both ships will already be in the lot when I get there.

Not sure what terminal the Jewel will be using, as I still have not received my edocs.

Guess I am just judging from what I see at Port Canaveral. When I tried to find parking in the garage there for my Monarch cruise, the garage was almost full from all the FOS pax that were out on their cruise. I would have thought most of those would have been fly ins also, but boy there were a lot of cars! :eek:

Naturally I just worry too much, and I am sure all will go just swimmingly fine! :)

Pat, here is a link to the Harbormaster schedule that gives you the terminal https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx. It covers 4 weeks so you should be able to see where Jewel docks next month. You can also link to it from http://www.portfever.com. Also the Port Everglades site has a map of the terminals http://www.porteverglades.net/about-us/

Solstice was docking at Terminal 18 (Oasis/Allure terminal) until Allure came to Port Everglades and folks were parking there. You could also post a question on the Celebrity board about parking during the last few months.

Archived