Generoso & Perm. Res. for Anytime Dining

AJs Grandpa

We (group of four) are booked on the Ruby at the end of the year. We made the booking six months ago and were put on the waitlist for late traditional dining. We hoped there was enough time for us to clear the list, but we are still over 100 spots away, so it doesn't look good.

For now, we plan to board early and visit the Maitre 'd--Generoso--to plead our case to be reassigned to late traditional. As a backup, we hope to be able to make a permanent reservation at one of the anytime dining rooms. (We really like having the same waitstaff for the entire cruise.) From reading here, we know that is allowed on some cruises but not on others. Presumably, the policy is set by the Maitre 'd. Hence the question--does anybody know which way Generoso leans on that issue?

Thanks

We (group of four) are booked on the Ruby at the end of the year. We made the booking six months ago and were put on the waitlist for late traditional dining. We hoped there was enough time for us to clear the list, but we are still over 100 spots away, so it doesn't look good.

For now, we plan to board early and visit the Maitre 'd--Generoso--to plead our case to be reassigned to late traditional. As a backup, we hope to be able to make a permanent reservation at one of the anytime dining rooms. (We really like having the same waitstaff for the entire cruise.) From reading here, we know that is allowed on some cruises but not on others. Presumably, the policy is set by the Maitre 'd. Hence the question--does anybody know which way Generoso leans on that issue?

Thanks

Godwin would be the best person to help you out with your request.

He does the anytime side.

I don't doubt your answer, but who is Godwin? How do we know he will be on the cruise? Where and when do we find him on the ship? (Everything I've read says to see the Maitre 'd?)

Thanks

He is a HW and in charge in anytime.

Generoso for the most part handles traditional seating.

He will be at the entrance to one of the AT DR's.

You may not know if Generoso will be onboard either. :)

Sounds like the best approach is:

1. See Generoso (or whoever shows up as Maitre 'd --the pre-cruise e-mail says it is Generoso) to try for traditional, then

2. If that doesn't work, see Godwin (or whichever head waiter handles anytime) to beg for a permanent reservation.

Right?

We're not rookies (Platinum) but not as experienced as some of you and have always had traditional, so this is new territory for us.

Thanks again

Godwin is 2nd from the right....

2462132275_5b97e1a8d3.jpg?v=0

I rarely post, but I have been on this board almost daily for several years (including while cruising since becoming Platinum.) Sometimes I wonder why I subject myself to the seemingly never ending debates over smoking, formal nights, tipping and other issues arising on this board. Well, this is why. Who would have thought I would not only get a straight forward answer to my question (expected) but now a picture to track down the person I need!!!!

I don't suppose you have his mother's maiden name and his birthday as well do you?:)

I am grateful.

Thanks

If you are requesting a table for four in late traditional, I don't think it will be a problem, and if Generoso is onboard, he will surely be accommodating. That said, on cruises when DH and I have had late traditional dining, there are always empty tables for the duration of the voyage, so it shouldn't be a problem for you to secure a permanent table.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Godwin is off the Ruby until Feb. He is the very best, but I'm afraid he won't be there to help you.

Normally, I would agree 100% with Colocruiser, but hmh60 is correct about Godwin's vacation. So, Generoso would probably be your best bet. And that's not a bad thing; Generoso is wonderful and absolutely as helpful and accommodating as it possible. I'm sure if you talk to Generoso, he will help if he can. But, you should also understand that there is usually a waitlist for traditional seating, and there may be limits to what anyone can do about getting you into Traditional dining. A standing reservation may be more workable, however.

Best of luck. Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. She's a fantastic ship, with a wonderful crew.

Normally, I would agree 100% with Colocruiser, but hmh60 is correct about Godwin's vacation. So, Generoso would probably be your best bet. And that's not a bad thing; Generoso is wonderful and absolutely as helpful and accommodating as it possible. I'm sure if you talk to Generoso, he will help if he can. But, you should also understand that there is usually a waitlist for traditional seating, and there may be limits to what anyone can do about getting you into Traditional dining. A standing reservation may be more workable, however.

Best of luck. Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. She's a fantastic ship, with a wonderful crew.

Hey dudes!

Well I agree with you too but it seems as of late even the pre cruise emails have been coming up with misinformation hence the reason why I brought up Godwins name. :)

He does seem to take off about this time every year.

Hey dudes!

Well I agree with you too but it seems as of late even the pre cruise emails have been coming up with misinformation hence the reason why I brought up Godwins name. :)

Dad's 75th birthday!!!

Hey dudes!

You're absolutely right. The only reason I commented without more reservation is that we just spoke with Godwin during our 10/23 Ruby cruise and he told us then that he had 2 more cruises and would then be going on vacation until sometime in February.

As I read this, as an anytime diner you can make reservation in the anytime dining room for the same table at the same time for the duration of the cruise and can go to the head of the line when your time comes.

Doesn't that turn anytime dining into traditional dining, just in the anytime dining room? I don't get it. Is that anytime dining?

....Ott

I rarely post, but I have been on this board almost daily for several years (including while cruising since becoming Platinum.) Sometimes I wonder why I subject myself to the seemingly never ending debates over smoking, formal nights, tipping and other issues arising on this board. Well, this is why. Who would have thought I would not only get a straight forward answer to my question (expected) but now a picture to track down the person I need!!!!

I don't suppose you have his mother's maiden name and his birthday as well do you?:)

I am grateful.

Keith will take good care of you.

But we have to make special exceptions for certian people as they have priority over all of us who follow the rules. Anytime dining only means you can dine when others let you and they will always come first. Llike they say, they can not get what they want so they will get on board and make their own arrangements for a permanent anytime dining reservation. But so they inconvinience others they will get what they want no matter what. Notice how the name dropping has already begun for them. And they will get it. So in actuality there is no real anytime dining on Princess cruises just those who think there is.

But we have to make special exceptions for certian people as they have priority over all of us who follow the rules. Anytime dining only means you can dine when others let you and they will always come first. Llike they say, they can not get what they want so they will get on board and make their own arrangements for a permanent anytime dining reservation. But so they inconvinience others they will get what they want no matter what. Notice how the name dropping has already begun for them. And they will get it. So in actuality there is no real anytime dining on Princess cruises just those who think there is.

Did you ever hear the saying, "It's not what you know, but who you know?" That's the way it seems to be at Princess also.

Wow, dude, chill. Anyone is free to make reservations in Anytime, even you. Even I've done so, and I have no idea (and could care less) who Generoso or Godwin are. Princess allows reservations in Anytime; by making them, we're not breaking the rules, so what's your problem?

"For now, we plan to board early and visit the Maitre 'd--Generoso--to plead our case to be reassigned to late traditional. As a backup, we hope to be able to make a permanent reservation at one of the anytime dining rooms."

My problem is you will now tie up a seat at an anytime dining room so you can have your traditional dining time all set up in an area that is supposed to be for someone to walk up and ask for a table. so you see that is my problem as you have already figured a way to game the system. where does it say that for anytime dining you can make permanent reservations in one of the anytime dining rooms. As I said we make exceptions for those who want things their way.

I will not chill out, dude, how about you follow the same program we all will instead of plotting to have your own way, DUDE.

We are also among those who sign up for anytime dining, and then go and make a reservation for the same table at the same time for the entire cruise. The reason? Because that is the only way we can be sure of getting a table for two. We would love to eat in the traditional dining room instead, but Princess will not confirm a table for two in traditional dining, only take your request when booking. That's not good enough for us, so we always sign up for anytime dining and then get what we want.

Archived