Carnival shuttle service from Orlando to Canaveral?

MizLizzie

Has anyone used the Carnival shuttle on this route? Is it true that the buses do not start running to port until noon? I mean, I guess they are coming in from port with departing passengers, but still, noon will be a long wait for us.

Also, one of our friends is flying down the night before. She can still use the shuttle, right? She would just have to shlep her luggage back to baggage claim?

Thanks. We prefer not to rent a car or hire a private service, even though it might be cheaper, so we appreciate any insight.

We have done this a couple of times, however not in the past few yrs. I will assume it still operates pretty much the same. When you get your luggage you will notice Carnival agents who will have a roster of names who you check in with. They will then send you to the line for the bus.

I dont recall a specific time that you could check in but it does make sense that they are not going to take folks to the ship with others are trying to get off and boarding time is always advertised as 12 or 1pm in most cases. Of course some of us have gotten on before that but that is the standard that one should plan for. The bus is a large tour bus so they hold about 75, even if you are the first one on you will wait a good 30 mins for it to load with the luggage. Im not sure what time your plane arrives but even on a good day by the time you get your luggage, find the reps and get where you are suppose to be Im sure that will burn an hr easy.

And yes your friend just needs to meet you back in the baggage claim area then you guys can all travel to the ship together. I really think to arrange for other transportation to the ship is pointless as all you are going to do is wait at the terminal. you are probably going to stand in a line somewhere becouse you are to early...at least at the airport you can get breakfast or coffee.

I think the shuttle is only the day of the cruise. I would have your friend check before she books that its operating the day before .. as I dont believe so.

I took a shuttle from a ship to the Miami airport recently. For one person its cheaper than a taxi, but I waited an hour for the bus to fill up. They said they have a rule either wait an hour or if its full they leave. .. we waited the whole hour. This was from the cruise to the airport.

I came in early and cruiseline shuttles dont go to the hotels you book on your own.. even the one way shuttle reminded me of why I dont usually do them.

I think the shuttle is only the day of the cruise. I would have your friend check before she books that its operating the day before .. as I dont believe so.

I took a shuttle from a ship to the Miami airport recently. For one person its cheaper than a taxi, but I waited an hour for the bus to fill up. They said they have a rule either wait an hour or if its full they leave. .. we waited the whole hour. This was from the cruise to the airport.

I came in early and cruiseline shuttles dont go to the hotels you book on your own.. even the one way shuttle reminded me of why I dont usually do them.

I have reserved a shuttle Travelynx for the day before. It is 25$/pp. Carnival is only the day of the cruise.

Past experience is that you wait at the airport or the pier until the bus is full or almost full and then they go. You could be waiting a long time. It is all what you are comfortable with. If your friend wants to go by Carnival shuttle and is staying in a nearby hotel, then he/she will need to go back to the airport to catch the shuttle. We took a Budget rental car this time and it was nice to be able to go at our own pace. However, if you don't want to do it yourself, the shuttle will work. Just bring a book or something to entertain you while you wait.

We took the shuttle for our first cruise on Sensation out of Port Canaveral. The driver was very entertaining and polite. The ride was about 45mins. We were the last to board due to a delayed flight, so we didn't have a welcome reception from the other passengers on the shuttle:(. Your friend can take the shuttle with you on the day of the cruise. She will have to arrangement for her own transportation back to the airport, then meet you at the baggage claim. Or she can wait downstairs at the Carnival desk. Whichever is easiest for her.

Happy cruising....

If there are three of you it would be cheaper and faster for you all to meet at baggage claim and rent a car from Budget. The car will cost you around $65 (for an SUV) and it's an easy 45 minute trip to the Budget place on A1A then they will shuttle you to the airport.

I don't think you said what time your plane gets in, but the ship will start boarding passengers between 11:30 and 12 usually and I wouldn't want to be sitting waiting for a bus to load and then get there with a big group of people.

Thanks, Addicted and all. Appreciate your responses.

Addicted, you are right; you're going to wait somewhere. Might as well be the airport. I am not in a hurry to get on the ship; not a big deal for me. We carry on all our luggage, move fast, and travel a lot. But there is, to me, a great, brainless luxury of just putting ourselves in Carnival's hands at the airport. We are on vacation, and just don't want to think.

Now we have to pray our flight isn't delayed . . .

We booked a company called airport ability. They where cheaper then the cruise line about half the price and where waiting at the bag claim with a sign with our name on it. our flight got in at 10pm the night before and they where there took us to a hotel in cocoa beach and then they picked us up at the port after our cruise when we where done.

We had a 11:30am flight out of orlando and we go to the airport by 9am and had plenty of time. It was great.

Thanks, Addicted and all. Appreciate your responses.

Addicted, you are right; you're going to wait somewhere. Might as well be the airport. I am not in a hurry to get on the ship; not a big deal for me. We carry on all our luggage, move fast, and travel a lot. But there is, to me, a great, brainless luxury of just putting ourselves in Carnival's hands at the airport. We are on vacation, and just don't want to think.

Now we have to pray our flight isn't delayed . . .

Im inclined to agree...everyone has there way of doing things but the last thing I want to do is arrive at the airport, rent a car and drive to the port and deal with getting rid of the car all so I can get there a few hrs ahead of time..and wait to board the ship. We usually drive if we leave out of this port and have done so twice, yes it is an easy ride from the airport and yes there is shopping in the nearby Cocoa beach area and of course the beach is there but overall its just not worth it if you are flying in.

i hate hanging out in airports but take your time and get your bags then check in with Carnival and pending what is going on there grab a morning snack and it will be time to go before you know it. Save yourself the stress...your on vacation!

We booked a company called airport ability. They where cheaper then the cruise line about half the price and where waiting at the bag claim with a sign with our name on it. our flight got in at 10pm the night before and they where there took us to a hotel in cocoa beach and then they picked us up at the port after our cruise when we where done.

We had a 11:30am flight out of orlando and we go to the airport by 9am and had plenty of time. It was great.

I have a return flight at 12:55 PM. I reserve Travelynx shuttle for 9:00 AM. How can I be sure of getting off the boat this time. I arrive in Port Canaveral and my plane in Orlando. Thank you.

Make sure the shuttle company knows to pick you up. any time after noon you should have plenty of time the Cruise Ship gets in at 6 am we where in zone 2 because we had a flight before 1pm and they gave us a zone 2 tag and we where called off the ship at 6:45 am I didnt even get to finish my breakfast we where outside by 7:30 and waited till 8 am on the driver to get there. We called them when the ship docked about 6 am and told him and he said he was on his way he would be there between 730 and 8 am. It was easy and nice.

I do not know where you are coming from. But we always do carnival shuttle. They will wait and watch flights for delays etc. And if the bus is running late and it is carnival run I can not imagine carnival not letting all the passengers board even if they are late. So that is my reasoning on the shuttle. They will let us board

We have a towncar from VIPLimo for $90 for 4 of us. We reserved it there and back. They will be waiting at the airport and port for us. We didn't want the hassle of renting a car and dropping it off. Our hotel has a free shuttle to the port. (Radisson)

We have a towncar from VIPLimo for $90 for 4 of us. We reserved it there and back. They will be waiting at the airport and port for us. We didn't want the hassle of renting a car and dropping it off. Our hotel has a free shuttle to the port. (Radisson)

Have you used VIP before?

Have you used VIP before?

No, but they got great reviews on the "I work at Port Canaveral" thread on the departure ports board. I called several companies (travelynx, laura's shuttle, cocoa beach taxi) and vip gave me the best "answers" for all my questions. They also will provide a private car and go directly to the hotel/port- the others use small buses/vans, and may make several stops on the way to Port Canaveral. I spoke with Mike the owner - he was a pleasure to speak to, called me back immediately, sent me an e-mail confirmation. Gives a discount for cruise critic members. He also said the driver would make a stop at a store if we needed to pick up anything on the way.

as someone who lives in the Orlando area...i think with you arriving the day of the cruise...take the Carnival Shuttle! too many things can go wrong...yes its only about 45 minutes to the port if nothing is wrong...The Beachline is the expressway you take, if their is an accident or a wildfire it will take much longer to get there... Carnival will always wait for their shuttles and not people who book travel on their own..

My friend and I just did a cruise from Port Canaveral in September. We rented a car two days before and drove to Port Canaveral and dropped it off - very easy. We also rented a car for the return and very easy again. Highly recommend!

as someone who lives in the Orlando area...i think with you arriving the day of the cruise...take the Carnival Shuttle! too many things can go wrong...yes its only about 45 minutes to the port if nothing is wrong...The Beachline is the expressway you take, if their is an accident or a wildfire it will take much longer to get there... Carnival will always wait for their shuttles and not people who book travel on their own..

good point. we are getting in really early though..around 11..

We are arriving the day before, so we have no problem if we get in a bit later due to traffic, wildfire, etc. But it is good advice for those with flights that day to take a "safe" way of getting to port, as in the CCL shuttle.

• 1 month later...

Could you possibly provide a website or link for VIP Limo. When I google them, I get quite alot of them. Thanks!

My friend and I just did a cruise from Port Canaveral in September. We rented a car two days before and drove to Port Canaveral and dropped it off - very easy. We also rented a car for the return and very easy again. Highly recommend!

Best way!

Could you possibly provide a website or link for VIP Limo. When I google them, I get quite alot of them. Thanks!

Here is info for vip limo: executiveviplimodotcom. We just reserved them for a private town car from MCO to the port (and back) in April. Michael responds quickly to any emails. Good luck.

Here is info for vip limo: executiveviplimodotcom. We just reserved them for a private town car from MCO to the port (and back) in April. Michael responds quickly to any emails. Good luck.

Not the one who requested this info but thank you.. still deciding on renting a car or doing a shuttle to hotel and then to Disney property after cruise... Will give VIP a try...

Archived