Do PCC's work on the weekend?

cruz chic

I could phone HAL and ask this question, but I thought I would ask it here. Do HALs PCC's work on the weekends? Usually I book through a TA but I thought I would try this route. I'm thinking of booking a cruise for February because I'm sick of winter already:rolleyes::D.

Mine barely works when he works :rolleyes: and never on a weekend. I would think, though, they'd have some coverage for Saturdays.

Sea of Cortez Feb 6? :D

I'd love that ....but OMG....can't miss a deadline. I'm thinking Feb.19th. That way I'll only have to take 5 vacation days. This is what happens when I don't leave the house on Saturdays:D:eek:. It gets to be expensive. Thanks for the answer.

I could phone HAL and ask this question, but I thought I would ask it here. Do HALs PCC's work on the weekends? Usually I book through a TA but I thought I would try this route. I'm thinking of booking a cruise for February because I'm sick of winter already:rolleyes::D.

Some, not all. If you have a PCC their hours should be in their voicemail message and possibly also in their email signature

Some, not all. If you have a PCC their hours should be in their voicemail message and possibly also in their email signature

I don 't have one yet. I just called HAL right now and they said they don't have any today. I need to confirm taking time off is ok in Feb. I know my boss is gone sometime early next year and I'm second in command so I have to be there. I'll wait until Monday...and maybe by then I'll be able to talk myself out of it:D. Thx for the answer.

This is exactly why I don't like working with a PCC. If I notice a price reduction on a weekend, the regular reservations agents won't talk to you or make changes if you have a PCC. By Monday, you might miss out.

That is an extremely valid and noteworthy point, KAK. I have a PCC. On one particular weekend, I noticed a 3-day sale which lowered my cruise costs by $160 per person (X2 people, that was a $320 savings).

I called HAL and they said that they could not give me the price adjustment because the PCCs do not work on the weekends. They gave me the PCC number and luckily there was one PCC working that day that was able to help me get the price adjustment. If she had not been there, I might have missed out on those savings (though I cannot be sure of that as the regular HAL rep on the phone was trying to get ahold of a supervisor to try and override and get me the discount).

___

P.S. Can anyone elaborate on exactly what PCCs do?

This is exactly why I don't like working with a PCC. If I notice a price reduction on a weekend, the regular reservations agents won't talk to you or make changes if you have a PCC. By Monday, you might miss out.

Good point. This is why I'm trying to get away from my TA. Many times she's sick or away and I never know if I'll get the better price or not.

We deal with an on line agency and have had excellent service. They keep extended hours 7 days per week. If our on lineTA is not working, there is always someone available to assist. Last time we did this was on a Sunday to take advantage of a $300. price drop on each of two verandah cabins. We did not want to risk loosing out on the adjustment so we called immediately and were re-priced.

If that happened, I'd take a screen shot, put it in a Word doc, and e-mail it to my PCC, with a note saying that I wanted the better rate. That way, your request is dated and there is proof of the rate being offered.

If that happened, I'd take a screen shot, put it in a Word doc, and e-mail it to my PCC, with a note saying that I wanted the better rate. That way, your request is dated and there is proof of the rate being offered.

Good idea. I wonder if they would honor it.

I'm really struggling with booking a Feb. cruise. The practical side of me is saying I've got enough cruises booked already and that money could go to something more practical. Then I think about how sucky the weather is and I want to leave now!

Thx to everyone that has replied on this thread. I appreciate all responses.

We cannot be bothered with the screen shot business...much prefer the certainty of immediate action. We repriced a few months ago on our upcoming December cruise. It was a Sunday afternoon when we checked. We repriced with our on line agency and had a revised confirmation of cruise/account statement back to us by email within 15 minutes. We are on the lookout for another cruise. IF we see the right cruise at the right price, we want to book it today, or perhaps if we see something in next week's sales we will want to do the same just in case it turns out to have a 'time clock' attached to the offer

From time to time, my PCC will tell me he's working Saturday morning. If I ever found a 'time sensitive' price reduction on a day he wasn't working, I would e-mail him so it would be in writing and leave voice mail. He would see to it the price was honored. Not my fault he couldn't be reached.

From time to time, my PCC will tell me he's working Saturday morning. If I ever found a 'time sensitive' price reduction on a day he wasn't working, I would e-mail him so it would be in writing and leave voice mail. He would see to it the price was honored. Not my fault he couldn't be reached.

This is what we do too, and have never had a problem having the price reduction honored. It's in writing, he gets it, done.

Archived