For Those Who Have Been on Alaska Cruises -- Jeans Question

Terre

As for Shorts in the dining room- on RCCL when we went to Bermuda the guys in our group wore the traditional bermuda shorts and knee socks, dress shirt and tie. No one was turned away and nothing was said.

We wear dress jeans- not blue jeans, have never worn anything with holes or rips in my life and we are going to alaska in May and am glad to hear I can wear them to dinner since we are in ports till 8 or 9 pm.

I have cruised Alaska six times and jeans are the best choice for daytime and even on casual nights, but please stay out of the main dinning rooms and dine in the Horizon Court. The dress code is unfortunately not enforced, and should not have to be, if it were not for the ever increasing numbers of low class people cruising today. On the flip side, this is your vacation and you should do as you like, just use your common sense.

I have cruised Alaska six times and jeans are the best choice for daytime and even on casual nights, but please stay out of the main dinning rooms and dine in the Horizon Court. The dress code is unfortunately not enforced, and should not have to be, if it were not for the ever increasing numbers of low class people cruising today. On the flip side, this is your vacation and you should do as you like, just use your common sense.

You should take the time to read Princess's rules about the subject. If the ships standards are not up to your expectations then perhaps you should look towards a more formal cruise line.

I have been to Alaska several times, twice on Princess ( & once on Celebrity)and on Princess one time it seemed like NO one wore jeans in the MDR and on another cruise we saw quite a few wearing jeans....many who SHOULD not have been wearing jeans....(if they bothered to looked in a rear view mirror....

:o JMHO: I feel jeans make a BIG butt look bigger :o)

I rather play it safe in case no one else wears jeans except me, (than stick out like a sore thumb) and so I choose to wear a skirt and sweater or blouse for dinner.

I tend to agree, the dress code is usually not enforced, but still it is a matter of courtesy. It's rude to fly in the face of the dress code when everyone else is doing it, and many people want it. I don't think just wearing jeans flies in the face of it, though. Good jeans, belt, button-down shirt would probably not even draw a comment.

I tend to agree, the dress code is usually not enforced, but still it is a matter of courtesy. It's rude to fly in the face of the dress code when everyone else is doing it, and many people want it. I don't think just wearing jeans flies in the face of it, though. Good jeans, belt, button-down shirt would probably not even draw a comment.

That's because according to the dress code, they're fine. There is no flaunting the dress code by wearing decent jeans on Smart Casual nights.

Brick wall + my head..BANG/BANG/BANG/BANG!

PRINCESS DRESS CODE ALLOWS JEANS!!!!

you'll be fine! My best friend who takes about 6 cruises a year for the best 15 years told me before I took my first cruise to Alaska to not be freaking out about what to wear. And I saw lots of jeans on that cruise.

You'll have so much fun you really will not care what you are wearing or what anyone else thinks!!

I know there's casual nights. There are also 2 formal nights on 7-night cruises.

Absolutely, and no one here is saying jeans are ok on formal night, they are absolutely not. And my large type was not aimed at you! Bottom line, princess's dress code allows decent jeans in the dining room on smart casual nights. People saying that they shouldn't or will be out of place are merely expressing an opinion which is not the dress code of Princess.

Alaskans dress informal meaning jeans and outdoors type of clothing. At least on my AK cruise, the dress was less formal than other ones I have been on. I wore my hiking pants most of the time (type that zip off to make shorts), outdoors type of shirts and my hiking boots. I spent another two weeks in AK hiking in Denali as well as other wilderness areas. I wore my hiking boots to dinner on all nights (they are leather). I brought a nice sweater for formal nights but no coat or suit. When in Rome do as the Romans.

Hey, Gang, I absolutely have formal wear for the formal nights. My question for those who have been on Alaska cruises was about nice jeans for casual nights. I am asking because I am a stickler for rules and dress code when on a cruise, but had read about the AK cruises being a little more casual than your typical cruise. I've never worn jeans on a cruise before and wanted to know about this particular cruise. These are very nice, not faded or torn jeans with an expensive, very nice sweater.

I think I have my answer. Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Archived