RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

Well after 11 post i think 2.00 bill is bad. good idea but bad in practice. i know it us to much to ask that we all agree on this.

No one would take my $3 bills anywhere! There's an old joke about bumbling counterfeiters who have printed a bunch of $21 bills and go up into the "hill country" to try to pass them off to hicks. In a general store, the guy makes a $3 purchase and hands the owner his fake bill. As the owner reaches into the register to make change, he asks him, "Would you like three $6 or two $9?"

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a quick tip that is good for any cruise.....

Bring a bunch of small magnets - you can use them to post the Daily Compass or any other information that they have in the room. Makes things easy to find and keeps things all out of the way.

Remember, the ship is made of steel, so even the walls of the cabin are good for magnets.

Don't feel pressured. Although its a nice perk, along with the freebie gifts, you don't need to buy the shopping "savings" book at the pier & shopping seminar on board. The reality is you will probably not buy much, just use the coupons for the free gifts... And there's more to do than run around an island trying to score for a free color changing lanyard.

Here is a quick tip that is good for any cruise.....

Bring a bunch of small magnets - you can use them to post the Daily Compass or any other information that they have in the room. Makes things easy to find and keeps things all out of the way.

Remember, the ship is made of steel, so even the walls of the cabin are good for magnets.

Nice one, I never would have thought of that! Is it really metal everywhere? I thought the walls would be ply or something.

Sapphire 57:eek:

Only time I have seen the "widespread" was on a tour at Monticello, Jefferson's home in Charlottesville, VA. The admission was $8 and anyone that paid with a $10 bill got a $2 in change (lol).

I just bring a lot of $1 and $5 in my neck bag (my kids called it the "3rd boob") or have them break down bigger bills on the ship at the desk.

Tucker in Texas

$2 bill has JEFFERSON portrait, and Monticello is on the reverse. Maybe why they gave those out?. We were at Monticello in Oct. Fantastic!

I am fascinated by this. It is obviously a cultural thing, but in the UK in many of our self service restaurants you line up first then find your table.

This is probably why I find it it most annoying that people feel it right to sit at a table they are not using while I am standing with a plate full of food.

I think of it as no different to deckchair hogging - keeping something you are not using.

We get our food first also, then we eat together that way since we have our food at the same time. We also invite people to share our table if they are walking around and there is room, we've had the pleasure meeting many people that way.

I am Canadian, try handing out our "loonie" the $1.00 coin - No thanks - puts my luggage overweight just thinking about bringing a roll of $25.00 with me for tips - always go to the bank and get US 1s, they seem to be appreciated almost everywhere, especially by the crew. Can give 2 or 3 if I want! (also take 5 & 10 & 20's with me)

Paid for admission to a historic building in Cuba with US, then the lady said whats that (5.00) Canadian money - oooo can I see that, and off she walked with my $5 bill to show everyone else the "pritty" paper - loosing the money was worth the show!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips, some really good ones.

Here's my tip,

It says in the RC Terms and Conditions That each cabin can bring on board in your luggage 2 bottles of wine. I've done this before with no problems. it's in the bit about alcohol.:)

Thanks for all the tips, some really good ones.

Here's my tip,

It says in the RC Terms and Conditions That each cabin can bring on board in your luggage 2 bottles of wine. I've done this before with no problems. it's in the bit about alcohol.:)

"Guests wishing to bring personal wine or champagne onboard with them (either in their carry on or luggage) on embarkation day may do so, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750ml each per cabin. Only cabins with at least one (1) guest over 21 years old are eligible to bring bottles of wine or champagne onboard. Pier staff will inspect the bottles and if they appear to have been tampered with they will not be allowed to be brought onboard. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of US$25.00. Guest’s sailing on a Back to Back cruise may bring 4 bottles, 2 will be stored by the ship and delivered to their cabin the first day of the second leg of their sailing. "

Yep, there it is. Will be bring 4 bottles between our 2 cabins on board lady liberty in June. How exciting!

Ask the barkeep if you can borrow a corkscrew that way you will not have to pay the corkage fee. If you open it in your room they will not charge you for it and if you carry a glass to the MR how are they to know you got it from your room or bar.

Eat more BACON

Edited by Anthony63

Ask the barkeep if you can borrow a corkscrew that way you will not have to pay the corkage fee. If you open it in your room they will not charge you for it and if you carry a glass to the MR how are they to know you got it from your room or bar.

Eat more BACON

You can also get a corkscrew from your stateroom attendant.

I always take the bottles in my carry-on rather than checked luggage. In checked luggage, they may call you down to the "naughty room" to make sure it is wine and not alcohol. I have better things to do with my time.

On Celebrity, they did pull me aside after going through the security scanner for a further inspection of my wine in the carry-on. That's the only time it has happened.

On Carnival, they told me to go to a table for further inspection but they were busy at the table shaking every bottle in someone's case of water and I just kept on trucking.

I pour a glass of wine in my cabin and take it to the dining room. They have to know I didn't buy it because the glass is full (lol). Never had an eye batted at me.

Tucker in Texas

I pour a glass of wine in my cabin and take it to the dining room. They have to know I didn't buy it because the glass is full (lol). Never had an eye batted at me.

Tucker in Texas

Actually you could have purchased it in a bar. It's pretty common for folks to buy a drink in a bar and then walk around with it, so if you bring a glass of wine from your personal supply in your room no one will question it.

What are the all inclusive drinks package price !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$6.50/day - fountain soda only

$20/day - premium coffee and tea, bottled water (still and sparkling), fresh-squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, and fountain soda

$40/day - beer, wine up to $8/glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda, and 20% off bottles of wine.

$55/day - frozen drinks, cocktails up to $10, beer, wine up to $12/glass, non-alcoholic cocktails, bottled water (still only), fountain soda, and 20% off bottles of wine.

$65/day - frozen drinks, cocktails up to $10, beer, wine up to $12/glass, premium coffee and tea, bottled water (still and sparkling), fresh-squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda, and 20% off bottles of wine.

All of the above include a souvenir coke cup. The packages don't include minibar items, room service drinks, milkshakes, protein - type smoothies, canned soda, souvenir glasses (other than the coke one that comes with the package), tobacco products, ice cream, or multiple drinks ordered at a time.

Edited by ahecht