RCI secrets they don't tell you

kembo

Disclaimer: I have read all 43 pages not sure if this was covered or not but read it on another thread.

Limit the amount your teens can charge on their sea pass cards that way you will not have end of cruise sticker shock.

Eat more SHRIMP

Disclaimer: I have read all 43 pages not sure if this was covered or not but read it on another thread.

Limit the amount your teens can charge on their sea pass cards that way you will not have end of cruise sticker shock.

Eat more SHRIMP

Good one! Can it be applied to a spouse, too?

Hello Everyone

Is it better to book the shore excursion with RCI or find another source regarding the cruise to Rome/Spain etc.

We booked with the cruise the tour of Corsica.

All the rest we did on our own (In Palma we went on the Tren de Soler, in Sardinia we took a local bus tour and in Barcelona we just hopped on one of the busses).

Its all a matter of comparing prices.

If you like champagne, you can basically score a free glass every day if you go to the art auction previews. You don't even have to register for the auctions (even though that's free) just show up at the preview and sip while enjoying the art.

The Allure of the Seas has some great "secret" spots that aren't really secrets. At the back of the ship on Deck 5 there are chairs outside and we enjoyed watching port sail away from there. Also there are two balconies on either side of the ship above the aqua theater suites, they're great for watching sail away or the shows. Decks 11 and 12 all the way aft. The Sun Deck all the way forward on Deck 14 and only accessible from the port side is a quite spot since no one can seem to find it, the people in the Solarium will look down at you and wonder how to get there.

Also on the Allure, the Champagne Bar has a fantastic Scotch selection and some great champagne cocktails. They'll also bring you appetizers if you're there before dinner to enjoy a drink.

Thanks for this tip.

We'll be cruising with the Oasis. Is it the same there? We sure want to try finding those places.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a secret....just a quirky photo tip..

Take a picture of the "elevator" day of the week or the Cruise Compass date/ weather etc for instant day-by-day organizing of your photos on the camera and PC once downloaded.

The pictures sometimes make unique insertions into an album/photo/video slide show/scrapbooking etc.

I haven't had a chance to read all the postings, and had not seen this question in this forum. I put it out there like you did, and someone made the remark, "It wouldn't be a SECRET, if I told you." :) Well that's OK. This is good.

We are going on the Freedom of the Seas shortly, and someone mentioned about them changing the floors in the elevators? Do you know if that is just on certain ships, or all of them, especially FOTS???

The "Real Secret" is to explore the entire ship, deck by deck, to see what is there.

Print deck plans from the RCI Web Site before you board and then just wander and explore.

You will be glad you did!

Here is proof that this system works.

On our first cruise on the Jewel of the Seas, every time we went to the Windjammer we got our food and then found a nearby place to sit down and eat. At lunch on the 4th day, the Windjammer was pretty full so we kept heading aft to find an open table. And we found the open air seating area across the stern of the ship. For the rest of the cruise, that is where we ate.

Had we not walked back there we would never have found it!

DSCN8222.jpg

Great advice! We're going to try this in June on the Navigator of the Seas.

Not a secret....just a quirky photo tip..

Take a picture of the "elevator" day of the week or the Cruise Compass date/ weather etc for instant day-by-day organizing of your photos on the camera and PC once downloaded.

The pictures sometimes make unique insertions into an album/photo/video slide show/scrapbooking etc.

Excellent idea! We're going to try this (take pics on the elevators) on our next cruise in 17 days, not that I'm counting. We can only hope that if we decide to have them developed into "hard copies" that Walgreens develops them and keeps them in order.

Edited by sellwingri

We are going on the Freedom of the Seas shortly, and someone mentioned about them changing the floors in the elevators? Do you know if that is just on certain ships, or all of them, especially FOTS???

Every RCI ship I've been on that's been done.

Radiance of the Seas does (so I assume all Radiance class does this), as does Voyager of the Seas (so I assume all Voyager class does, too). :)

However I think I read the Vision class does not. I guess I'll find out in due course (next holiday is on Rhapsody of the Seas!)

I have an IPhone 4 with an app on it for RCCL. Once out to sea I put my phone on airplane mode and use the deck plans on my phone to get around. On the Majesty someone asked if I knew where a bathroom is, I pulled out my phone and showed them.

I have an iPad. There are several RC apps. Which one does not need wifi or cell tower?:confused:

I have an iPad. There are several RC apps. Which one does not need wifi or cell tower?:confused:

Clarea advice is good...test apps in airplane mode before you cruise.

And, if you just want to be able to get deck plans when not wifi connected, download them prior to being on ship and you can pull them up anytime. The RCI app I have on my iPad shows white anchor on blue background.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by tnfcruise

Speaking of Glade plug ins. (I posted that hint!)

We just got off a 12 nighter on the Explorer. We were showing our cabin for a cabin crawl (9328 Jr. Suite on the Hump). When everyone came into our room they all went "Ahhhhh, it smells so nice in here!" just like in the glade commercials! Once I told them they all said... "What a good idea!" It was funny. Even our cabin steward complimented. Nothing fancy, not fruity or perfumey, just smells clean & fresh! It's the "Fresh Waters" scent.

and for those from Australia (or other countries) going on a local cruise, where our plug in's wont work due to the US style plugs - get the battery operated ones that trigger when someone walks by - and enjoy the lovely scent. just remember don't fly with the aerosol

I've seen posts about going to the helicopter pad for sail away. How do you get there on the Radiance? I've got the RCI app with the deck plans but it doesn't show stairs at the front of the ship. The pad is on deck 6 but I don't think you can get from 6.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've seen posts about going to the helicopter pad for sail away. How do you get there on the Radiance? I've got the RCI app with the deck plans but it doesn't show stairs at the front of the ship. The pad is on deck 6 but I don't think you can get from 6.

Walk on the outside Promenade all the way to the front, you will find the stairs leading you up to the helipad there. Just be Aware that they are not always open, so you might end up at a sign, but if open just walk up the stairs.

You can get there by going on the promenade deck on deck 5. When outside walk to the front and if the gate is open you are free to go to the helipad. Sometimes it is closed usually due to wind.

Sent From Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast Studios

I haven't had a chance to read all the postings, and had not seen this question in this forum. I put it out there like you did, and someone made the remark, "It wouldn't be a SECRET, if I told you." :) Well that's OK. This is good.

You will have the pleasure of knowing what day of the week it is, when you enter the elevators, on FOTS :cool:

You will have the pleasure of knowing what day of the week it is, when you enter the elevators, on FOTS :cool:

Happens on Radiance too....nice oval plaques with brass ( ? ) lettering showing the day :) If you're interested in some of the features and cabins on FOTS, someone is bound to have uploaded some footage on You Tube. I found some of Radiance before we went - was good to see what was in cabins and some of the general layout....Enjoy your cruise !

Angela, Sydney Australia.