NCL UnderCover BOSS - promo

pcreek

Worked for me. Know, hope Kevin got to spend a full day as a room steward. Maybe they will get a couple less rooms. Looking forward to it. Now let's get a senior executive to do it on an international crewed ship.

Al

Wouldn't it be funny if he DID work as a room steward and he turned out to be one of those almost-unbelievably-terrible stewards that we sometimes read about here?!?! :eek:

When does the episode air?

I have seen the show a few times and it is quite good. But it is extremely misleading. Whenever cameras on anyone working, you cannot get a real world view. Everyone acts different when a camera is filming them

So I think the bosses get a very skewed view.

Think about it. If you were training someone at work, wouldnt you act different if cameras were filming you the whole time?

I think the cameras are hidden...I have seen some HORRIBLE workers...have you seen the one about Hooters? Oh, wow! There was a total pig that was 'moved on' to another career after the show....I don't think he would have acted that way if he realized he was being filmed....:eek:

To the OP, thanks for the heads up about the show. I'll check it out if I'm not busy.

IMO though, I've seen a few episodes of this show in the past and I don't think it really does a company any good being on it.

Of the shows I have watched, they always depict overworked employees that earn very little money for their effort and make the company appear greedy and clueless.

Hmmmm....come to think of it, with the cruise industry being what it is, maybe this isn't such a bad fit afterall. ;)

I think the cameras are hidden...I have seen some HORRIBLE workers...have you seen the one about Hooters? Oh, wow! There was a total pig that was 'moved on' to another career after the show....I don't think he would have acted that way if he realized he was being filmed....:eek:

I did not see the Hooters episode but the one I saw they said the cameras were going to be used as a documentary or something so all employees were aware they were being filmed. It was interesting but the cameras no doubt have an effect on people and how they act.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, that was first rumored on CruiseCritic a couple months ago.

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1287468

I can't wait to see if our Suite 10000 or the bosun who touched up the paint on our deck make an appearance. He had to leave and come back because of a meeting where he was interviewed for possible involvement in the activities.

We danced with Mr. Sheehan, we were asked by the camera crew, on the Epic during our cruise while being taped. We had to sign waivers and we joked that we thought it was for undercover boss. I am mortified b/c like the Carnival commercials, I was totally letting my hair down on vacation and I'm not looking forward to my family/friends watching me dance 1/2 in the bag for this. At least its prime time TV, I keep telling myself they'll not show wasted me being a total a**.:o

We danced with Mr. Sheehan, we were asked by the camera crew, on the Epic during our cruise while being taped. We had to sign waivers and we joked that we thought it was for undercover boss. I am mortified b/c like the Carnival commercials, I was totally letting my hair down on vacation and I'm not looking forward to my family/friends watching me dance 1/2 in the bag for this. At least its prime time TV, I keep telling myself they'll not show wasted me being a total a**.:o

But this could be your big shot at stardom!!!!!

Undercover Boss will air on 1/2/11 when I am ON the EPIC. I hope they show it on the big screen on the EPIC.:)

Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity, where did you find this out? I can't seem to find any confirmation of the air date.

Our TiVo DVR has been programmed to record all shows of "Undercover Boss". So whenever it will be aired, we'll catch it. No worries.

Does TiVo take into account delayed airings? I know my cable's DVR does not. Anybody who is planning to DVR the show: keep in mind that if there's a 4pm football game on CBS, then the prime time shows invariably run late. I always program my DVR to record Undercover Boss plus the following show just to be safe.

Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity, where did you find this out? I can't seem to find any confirmation of the air date.
If you click on the original link it now displays the air date, as well as the ships he was on.

NCL on Facebook... Got it on my wall today.... click through for a link to this page... or just click here if they leave it up....

Undercover Boss Promo

Can't wait to see it.

Does TiVo take into account delayed airings? I know my cable's DVR does not. Anybody who is planning to DVR the show: keep in mind that if there's a 4pm football game on CBS, then the prime time shows invariably run late. I always program my DVR to record Undercover Boss plus the following show just to be safe.

Yeah, we always do that too! After missing parts of several shows we finally figured that out! lol :rolleyes:

This will be a fun episode to watch!:D

Archived