Ventura & Azura aft balcony cabins & suites: info re. beams & stanchions

tom_uk

I found this amazing thread on the Princess forum. Someone has taken pictures of the aft of the various Grand Princess class ships, annotated them with the locations of the various vertical beams & stanchions, and given the cabin numbers. OK, they're Princess numbers but you can work out Ventura & Azura cabin numbers very easily.

Here's the link.

We used this thread to book a cabin on Ruby Princess. We had B749 with no pillars or anything and we use our balcony a lot so loved the fact it was huge. Cabin was in a quiet location and being aft meant we had a fab view as we left the ports. We used the same thread to help us book an aft cabin for our cruise on Azura next year. Would definitey recommend these cabins.

We had an aft cabin on Azura B741 I think and yes their was a beam on one side but the balcony was about 4 times the size of my Parents in law's who had one on the same deck on the starboard size... I would have that cabin again in a heart beat - in fact we tried to book an aft cabin on Ventura for June next but they'd all gone already...

Bx

We had booked C751 on Azura next year until I saw the thread on the Princess site. I also saw someone's picture of the balcony with the beam. I knew that C749, next door, does not have the beam so I called my agent who called P&O and I was switched to C749. Our agent had not heard about the beam and according to the P&O person who she spoke to, those aft cabins and suites with the beam going through the balcony, are not classified as obstructed. When I saw someone sitting on the balcony with a beam it looked obstructed to me. Anyway we were lucky to be able to swap - no charge.

Carole

We had booked C751 on Azura next year until I saw the thread on the Princess site. I also saw someone's picture of the balcony with the beam. I knew that C749, next door, does not have the beam so I called my agent who called P&O and I was switched to C749. Our agent had not heard about the beam and according to the P&O person who she spoke to, those aft cabins and suites with the beam going through the balcony, are not classified as obstructed. When I saw someone sitting on the balcony with a beam it looked obstructed to me. Anyway we were lucky to be able to swap - no charge.

Carole

LOL! I love this site. We're so picky :D

I spoke to so many people on Ventura who had no idea what or where their cabins were until they boarded! :eek:

Hope you enjoy your aft balcony. Let us know please.

Archived