Cruising from S Florida...welcome to the wonderful weather

sharecruises

Sometimes I have to remember how lucky I am to live here <grin>

it is sunny, about 80 degrees, the palm trees (my favorite still) are lovely

and the sky is bright blue...so pretty all the time

some people were remarking about the weather where they live and how cold..and I saw picture of snow....

I just forget how great it is here...and now Hurricane season is "over" yippeee

it's great..so if you are sailing from South Florida, enjoy

be prepared to be warm when you get off the plane, wear layers and take em off..it's hot here

My birthday is November and a friend gave me an "Autumn Angel" and I had to try to "remember" what Autumn is haha

I have lived her since mid 80's and never looked back to Pittsburgh haha

IF you are sailing from Miami, you will love the fast terminal and the kiosks...love it

IF you are sailing from Ft Lauderdale....check it out, try to stay over before or after....we have a beautiful beach and a lovely "fun" small city that is easy to manage :)

Some recent pics of Miami to get you excited

600_19348235.jpeg

600_19348241.jpeg

600_19365175.jpeg

some people were remarking about the weather where they live and how cold..and I saw picture of snow....

be prepared to be warm when you get off the plane, wear layers and take em off..it's hot here

My birthday is November and a friend gave me an "Autumn Angel" and I had to try to "remember" what Autumn is haha

IF you are sailing from Miami, you will love the fast terminal and the kiosks...love it

IF you are sailing from Ft Lauderdale....check it out, try to stay over before or after....we have a beautiful beach and a lovely "fun" small city that is easy to manage :)

600_19348235.jpeg

600_19348241.jpeg

600_19365175.jpeg

Thanks for rubbing it in....

Ya so I just got the 'WINTER TIRES' put on my car? Does that tell you anything? Counting the days til my toes are in the sand! :D:D
If there is an upside to this discussion of being whre it is cold, thanit is when you leave and it's freezzing and you get off the plane and it's in the 70's or 80's it sure makes you go AAAAAAHHHHH:)

Heading for Ft Lauderdale tomorrow on a b2b on the Miracle yeah! We live right across on the West Coast!

600_19348235.jpeg

600_19348241.jpeg

600_19365175.jpeg

You don't even have to go that far south to enjoy the weather here... We just spent a few days in Tampa at Busch Gardens and it was a balmy 85 or so each day.

It does make you think about an Alaskan cruise, but when it's so convenient to cruise from a local port, flying seems like such a waste.

Maybe they can figure out a way to do an Alaskan cruise from Tampa or Canaveral :)

True.....Ocala is also a really neat area, I have friends there and have visited

boating on the rivers there is really cool...fishing, lots of wildlife

Very beautiful area....lots of beautiful horse farms too!!

So many pretty places in Florida...wish we had a cruise that would just go around and visit OUR ports...nicer than many islands! Naples is also wonderful, great "shelling" on the west coast

Not to rain on your parade, but I lived in South Florida for many years. I remember being so excited when I was moving there because I could cruise from my "backyard". But that's about where the excitement ended. Dealing with nasty traffic, inflated prices, overcrowding, rude people, insanely high property taxes, a couple of hurricanes that cost us a fortune to recover from, etc, really took the excitement away from South Florida.

Yes, the pictures are beautiful, and they make me forget about all the crap associated with living there. In fact, any time we visit, we always say "what was it that we disliked so much about this place? But then after a few days, we remember...

nasty traffic, inflated prices, overcrowding, rude people, insanely high property taxes, a couple of hurricanes

And don't forget....insanely high property insurance rates. That's another biggie. Inflated prices are reflective of what it costs people to live here and retailers to survive here.

Yep...all that and Miami is still the neatest place I've ever lived! One day when I leave here, it will be because I'm finally heading to Tortola.

Living on a boat avoids those insane property taxes. They don't tax boats...yet.

Sharecruises,

I don't even know you, and I already know that I don't like you! (Just kidding). We really enjoyed our recent cruise on the EPIC, however, weather could have been nicer, and missed our Port stop in Nassau (was sooo looking forward to our half day excursion at Atlantis Paradise Island).

However, after our cruise stayed an extra day and a half at the Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, and throughly enjoyed their hotel and beach location. Just regret not having stayed their longer!:rolleyes:

Sharecruises,

I don't even know you, and I already know that I don't like you! (Just kidding). We really enjoyed our recent cruise on the EPIC, however, weather could have been nicer, and missed our Port stop in Nassau (was sooo looking forward to our half day excursion at Atlantis Paradise Island).

However, after our cruise stayed an extra day and a half at the Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, and throughly enjoyed their hotel and beach location. Just regret not having stayed their longer!:rolleyes:

Hmmm if your in the southernmost part of Ontario you must be near us :p we are just outside of Windsor

IN THE RAIN AND COLD!!! :(

600_19348235.jpeg

600_19348241.jpeg

600_19365175.jpeg

Miami does not excite me:D (Could be because I'm just north of Orlando)

Hmmm if your in the southernmost part of Ontario you must be near us :p we are just outside of Windsor

IN THE RAIN AND COLD!!! :(

We are also just outside Windsor... well not too far outside Windsor. Does COLIO sound familiar?

Damn the rain and cold, but at least for now it's NOT snow and cold!!;)

Ya so I just got the 'WINTER TIRES' put on my car? Does that tell you anything? Counting the days til my toes are in the sand! :D:D

Oh no, please tell me it's NOT snowing in Ottawa. :eek: My daughter moved there last year to start her career as a L & D nurse. Haven't talked to her in a few days, so I'm out of the loop!! We just got back from sunny Florida (Nov. 4 - 14) and I'm already regretting not having booked our cruise for December instead of November. Always second guessing myself. Happy Cruising To You!!:p At least no snow yet here in Southernmost Ontario!

We are also just outside Windsor... well not too far outside Windsor. Does COLIO sound familiar?

Damn the rain and cold, but at least for now it's NOT snow and cold!!;)

Oh no, please tell me it's NOT snowing in Ottawa. :eek: My daughter moved there last year to start her career as a L & D nurse. Haven't talked to her in a few days, so I'm out of the loop!! We just got back from sunny Florida (Nov. 4 - 14) and I'm already regretting not having booked our cruise for December instead of November. Always second guessing myself. Happy Cruising To You!!:p At least no snow yet here in Southernmost Ontario!

Well you got us beat, your more southern, we are on the coast of Lake St. Clair :D

They are calling for flurries today:eek: but in the 50's again next week :D

.....it's beginning to look a lot like xmas!!! (yes we have WHITE STUFF on the ground this morning - after a night of freezing rain which turned to snow - and this stuff is staying around!). Okay it's a teeny tiny bit pretty right now - but that grows old real fast! :eek:

Archived