*FOLLOW DBA LIVE (sort of) FROM EURODAM - December 4-11, 2010*

DutchByAssociation

Hey all,

First off, I wanted to let you know that during the upcoming sailing I'll be contributing daily in simulcast to my blog www.dutchbyassociation.com and the HAL Blog www.hollandamericablog.com; reviewing the experience as well as providing some pictures from my time onboard.

That said, I wanted to provide an opportunity for all of you to ask questions that you would like answers to, anything you'd like to know about the ship and so forth. (The only thing I can't really accommodate would be specific stateroom numbers but Joanie has a GREAT resource for that that I think most of you know about, not to mention all still images and virtual tours shown for Eurodam on the HAL website are totally current)

While I won't actually be posting my daily thoughts, insights, etc on this thread (you can visit my and/or the HAL blog for that) I will be able to answer all of your questions upon my return that are posted while I'm gone and I can make a list of your specific requests/wishes if they're posted on here before I go.

So...

• Tell me what you want to know,
  • what you want to see,
  • what would help provide more clarification,
  • what's fun,
  • etc...

Sky's the limit. How can I get you a better understanding of one of the fleet's most popular ships?

DBA

DBA, Will you be on the Eurodam 12/11-12/18 cruise? If so, please come to our M&G. The information you send out is really great. Thank you.

Just on for the one week, sorry. Appreciate the comments though and I hope that if you can follow along on the blogs the week prior I'll be able to contribute to the anticipation!

DBA, thanks for the kudos, I really appreciate it:)

When I get back from my cruise may I use some of your photos from Eurodam? I will be on Nieuw Amsterdam, yippee, we will be passing I imagine.

Joanie

We just might pass actually. I'll ask the captain in advance if he thinks the ship will be within any sort of visibility (I doubt it but you never know). I'll wave in the general direction :)

Enjoy your cruise. We will be sailing on her in August, so will be very interested in your comments. If you happen to speak to anyone in VF category on 5th deck, I would be interested in how big their balcony is. I spend a lot of time sitting there due to a disability.:) We read so many conflicting views I look forward to hearing an unbiased opinion.

I hope you enjoy the Eurodam half as much as I did. I was not able to post on this board from the EURODAM. I did not post on here until I got to St. Thomas. I hope you can post to your own web page and blog and I will try and watch for you.

All the Best and HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I will be in Seattle next Wednesday for the installation of the New Catholic Archbishop of Seattle. He has been my "boss" for the past four and one half years.

Enjoy your cruise. We will be sailing on her in August, so will be very interested in your comments. If you happen to speak to anyone in VF category on 5th deck, I would be interested in how big their balcony is. I spend a lot of time sitting there due to a disability.:) We read so many conflicting views I look forward to hearing an unbiased opinion.

VF's on deck 5 will have a verandah nearly identical to the VE category. It will be the same width but slightly less "deep" than other categories

We are on your cruise and hope to meet you. Would like to know what to expect for entertainment and the approximate times?

The shows I can think of right off the top of my head are James Cielen, Dream Park and Livewire. These are also the three I look the most forward to. Times are posted on the Explorer and will coordinate with first and second set dining times

I hope you enjoy the Eurodam half as much as I did. I was not able to post on this board from the EURODAM. I did not post on here until I got to St. Thomas. I hope you can post to your own web page and blog and I will try and watch for you.

All the Best and HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I will be in Seattle next Wednesday for the installation of the New Catholic Archbishop of Seattle. He has been my "boss" for the past four and one half years.

Not sure why you were having difficulty. That shouldn't be happening. Had a great turkey day and hope you did as well. Have a great time in Seattle. You just missed some CRAZY and very unseasonal weather. Temps in the teens and several inches of snow. Hope it cooperates for you!

The shows I can think of right off the top of my head are James Cielen, Dream Park and Livewire. These are also the three I look the most forward to. Times are posted on the Explorer and will coordinate with first and second set dining times

I know what James Cielen and Livewire do, but I am not familiar with Dream Park and don't seem to be able to find anything in google.

Can you tell me what to expect?

thanks!

DBA, we will be on the Eurodam in Feb. I would like to know if they have dance classes: ballroom, line, whatever. We love these and most lines have them. We haven't been on HAL in about 8 years and that was in Europe so really can't remember.

Thanks so much!

DBA -

Since you've been on both ships (and i believe in the past year) I'd like to know your opinion of the Eurodam vs Nieuw Amsterdam.

Personally, I loved the NA and I think i'd love any of the vista class or signature ships (except I hate the no self serve laundry thing lol). I'm curious as to your impressions as far as the ship decor, entertainment, etc in comparison to the NA.

Thanks for all you do for us!

I know what James Cielen and Livewire do, but I am not familiar with Dream Park and don't seem to be able to find anything in google.

Can you tell me what to expect?

thanks!

Dream Park is one of the singer/dancer shows. Back when the HAL Blog was the Eurodam News Blog they covered a lot of the details of the show

DBA, we will be on the Eurodam in Feb. I would like to know if they have dance classes: ballroom, line, whatever. We love these and most lines have them. We haven't been on HAL in about 8 years and that was in Europe so really can't remember.

Thanks so much!

I believe there are some, but I'll be sure all the programs for the week are scanned so you can see

DBA -

Since you've been on both ships (and i believe in the past year) I'd like to know your opinion of the Eurodam vs Nieuw Amsterdam.

Personally, I loved the NA and I think i'd love any of the vista class or signature ships (except I hate the no self serve laundry thing lol). I'm curious as to your impressions as far as the ship decor, entertainment, etc in comparison to the NA.

Thanks for all you do for us!

I actually won't be on Nieuw Amsterdam until March but will be happy to give my opinions of Eurodam compared to the photos I've seen of Nieuw Amsterdam (how they differ in similar areas, etc) and expecially vs the Vista Class which I know VERY well.

Archived