Ventura Xmas cruise

Inca

Hi Inca here

Wilf and I are going on the Ventura xmas cruise starting on the 18th Dec. We are flying (hopefully) from Manchester. We are lucky enough to be on for the 4 week duration. I have been down the lisings and have noticed that a few threads have been started but have fallen by the wayside. So I thought as there is only 2 weeks to go (for some of us) I should start another one and hopefully we should get quite a few people joining in. We have been on several cruises, and regardless of all the sniping (re Ventura) we are looking forward to this one. We have cruised many times with the Princess line, and the Americans love Cruise Critic and organise themselves into a welcoming party. I have always found that regardless of the size of ship (and we have been on some small ones) meeting up with people you have already been talking to via Cruise Critic is an entertaining way to get to know the ship and its company. So I ask, tongue in cheek, IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

PS We have never been on this ship before.

Marise

Hi Inca here

Wilf and I are going on the Ventura xmas cruise starting on the 18th Dec. We are flying (hopefully) from Manchester. We are lucky enough to be on for the 4 week duration. I have been down the lisings and have noticed that a few threads have been started but have fallen by the wayside. So I thought as there is only 2 weeks to go (for some of us) I should start another one and hopefully we should get quite a few people joining in. We have been on several cruises, and regardless of all the sniping (re Ventura) we are looking forward to this one. We have cruised many times with the Princess line, and the Americans love Cruise Critic and organise themselves into a welcoming party. I have always found that regardless of the size of ship (and we have been on some small ones) meeting up with people you have already been talking to via Cruise Critic is an entertaining way to get to know the ship and its company. So I ask, tongue in cheek, IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Marise

Hi Inca,

Have you checked if there is a roll call thread for your sailing on CC? That's how we set up (informally) our meet and greet on Ventura, and I'm really glad we did as we met some great people who we are still in touch with, on our Ventura Transatlantic in October.

Lucky, lucky you! I wish we were joining you. You will love Ventura. Don't listen to the moaners and enjoy the beautiful ship. It was our first time on P&O after sailing with Princess and RCI, and I can't tell you how impressed we were with the whole set up. Have a great cruise :D

We are flying out on the 17th for two weeks. Did Azura earlier this year so know the layout of Ventura......we are assuming it will be Azura with more kids!

We have friends out there at the moment on Ventura, in fact we overlap by one night, and they are having pretty rainy days so I hope it clears for Chrimbo.

First time away from the family at Chrimbo so looking forward to spending Christmas in a different way.

Hello,

My name is Kirstian (female) and I will be joining the cruise for 4 weeks too, at this stage it looks like I will be travelling alone so it would be great to meet up with others from the UK (and anywhere else!). I'm travelling from the Midlands and have been on a number of cruises before, although never alone.

Kirstian

swog,

Hi to my fellow lucky sailors :D, also departing from Manchester and for the back to back cruises. It is certainly closing in rapidly now and with this weather the sooner the better,eh!

I spent last Christmas/New Year leaving from Southampton on the Arcadia for 21 nights but 5 days on the way out and returning were too cold and seas too choppy to enjoy any sun. This time I'm going to the sun from day one - the trade off is that there's now a baggage limit due to the flight :(. I'm now worried I may have sacrificed from my Formal wear and there's the Themed nights to consider, any other Gents struggling .... I needn't ask the ladies ;).

Hi everyone

Thanks for replying, sorry to take so long in replying but I have been really busy trying to get everything sorted so I can go on this cruise without worrying. (Huh I'll probably collapse!). Anyway I am not on Facebook (Cannot manage it and to be honest I'm frightened of the the openess of it. I had a bad experience with Trip Advisor this past 9 months, and it left a nasty taste so to speak). Anyway "We love the sun" we are staying at the Crown Plaza on the Friday night and would love to meet up with you for a drink (and anyone else who is staying as well). Most of the airport hotels are accesible by the shuttle buses. As for meeting up on the ship it's normally on the first sea day which is the 22nd or is that too long away from when we embark? I am open to suggestions of course if the facebook gathering have already organised a get together we would like to join in

Marise

Forgot to ask What themed nights? I have heard of the black and white night but that's all. I'm beginning to panic now. Evening wear is sorted (as long as it still fits) for us both - lucky blokes you only have to change your shirt. Wilf has filled out slightly in the belly section and has had to buy new shirts although if you ask him I shrunk the shirts in the wash!.

Marise

Hi

We hope to be at the crowne plaza by 6pm on Friday night - having said that the weather forceast is lousy more snow. As we are having to drive 160 miles to o get to the hotel we are keeping our fingers crossed. If we are there Wilf wants us to dine in the Asian restaurant they have in the hotel. last time we dined there it was expensive (too much wine consumed) but fantastic food. So if anyone wants to meet up can we agree on a time and where (within the hotel).

MArise

hi marise and wilf

good luck with getting to the hotel on friday, hubby is constantly updating weather reports, at this rate we are leaving a day early..

not sure what we doing regarding food but will meet for a drink in the bar about 9pm look for the frazzled geordies !!

happy hols everyone xx

sharyn and ted

Hello Marise & Wilf,

We are also joining the Ventura for the Christmas & New Year cruise, our flight departs from Gatwich on the 18th Dec.

Look forward to meeting you both.

Regards Irene and Jeff

Hi Inca here

Marise

Archived