NYC Info

shenaniganzz

We're booked on the Jan. 23rd cruise out of NYC for 10 nights. On the day we come back, I think it's February 2 (Wednesday), we cannot catch a train back to Canada so we have to wait until the following day. So, we'd like to do some sightseeing.

We cannot check into our hotel (we decided on Staybridge Suites) until 4pm and I expect we'll be off the ship by 11 am. We'll be a group of 8 so we were thinking of hiring a limo tour to take us around.

Has anybody done anything like this and if so is there a company you recommend? Any sights that are a must see and any to avoid with only a few hours?

TIA :)

Limos in NYC are designed as transportation. I do not know any that offer tours per se.

Your hotel will allow you to drop your luggage off earlier than check in & you can use their public facilities to freshen up if needed.

I'd take a Grey Line double decker bus tour & hope it's not too cold so you can sit in the open air portion.

Also check the TripAdvisor & Sidewalk.com web sites.

Manhatten isn't a limo tour city either. :) No place to park and "wait"- so would be a drive by anyway.

I suggest you may want to head to your library and get a New York City tour book. Read up on what is available and repost. You will be given clear accurate directions on how to get there.

Although the HOHO buses are costly, they are for some people. These too are usually drive bys, as you really can't get off too frequently, since there hour of operation and waits for buses that eats a lot of time.

1. The Museum of Modern Art|(212) 708-9400
    11 W 53rd St, New York, NY|Info
  2. Metropolitan Museum of Art|(212) 535-7710
    1000 5th Ave, New York, NY|Info
  3. Frick Collection|(212) 288-0700
    1 E 70th St, New York, NY|Info
  4. Sports Museum Of America|(646) 826-2845
    26 Broadway, New York, NY|Info
  5. Sony Wonder Technology Lab|(212) 833-8100
    550 Madison Ave, New York, NY|Info
  6. Solomon R Guggenheim Museum|(212) 423-3500
    1071 5th Ave, New York, NY|Info

SO MANY good museums-I dont know the hours but I posted the locations and phone numbers. Have a great time!

We're booked on the Jan. 23rd cruise out of NYC for 10 nights. On the day we come back, I think it's February 2 (Wednesday), we cannot catch a train back to Canada so we have to wait until the following day. So, we'd like to do some sightseeing.

We cannot check into our hotel (we decided on Staybridge Suites) until 4pm and I expect we'll be off the ship by 11 am. We'll be a group of 8 so we were thinking of hiring a limo tour to take us around.

Has anybody done anything like this and if so is there a company you recommend? Any sights that are a must see and any to avoid with only a few hours?

TIA :)

Unless something huge is going on at your hotel, your rooms will be ready much earlier. Worst case, you will be able to drop off your luggage.

I lived in Manhattan part time for five years and still love the HOHO bus tours. Bundle up tho, it can get cold in the winter.

Archived