Just off the RYNDAM

fuzzywuzzy

We had a great cruise last week sailing out of Tampa. I will post a trip report upon returning home as we are driving home from Florida and will be home tomorrow if all goes well.

Temperatures were great last week except upon returning to Florida it had turned cold. We never had rain at all except for a tropical rain in Ocho Rios which is normal and then the sun came out again. Temps. were in the mid 70's to low 80's every day.

We loved the food. Service was excellent as usual. Had some problems tendering into Grand Cayman due to waves. More about that later. We thoroughly enjoyed our ship's excursion to swim with the stingrays!! Awesome!!

We had a great cruise last week sailing out of Tampa. I will post a trip report upon returning home as we are driving home from Florida and will be home tomorrow if all goes well.

Temperatures were great last week except upon returning to Florida it had turned cold. We never had rain at all except for a tropical rain in Ocho Rios which is normal and then the sun came out again. Temps. were in the mid 70's to low 80's every day.

We loved the food. Service was excellent as usual. Had some problems tendering into Grand Cayman due to waves. More about that later. We thoroughly enjoyed our ship's excursion to swim with the stingrays!! Awesome!!

Drive home safely please!!

Welcome home!!

I really am interested in your ship and tendering experience(s) at Grand Cayman. We were in front of you and/or behind you (depending on your view, on the Nieuw Amsterdam) there and it looked really wild!!!

Joanie

Drive home safely please!!

Welcome home!!

I really am interested in your ship and tendering experience(s) at Grand Cayman. We were in front of you and/or behind you (depending on your view, on the Nieuw Amsterdam) there and it looked really wild!!!

Joanie

Yes, the large Nieuw Amsterdam. Yes, our tender boat slammed into the ship going out and coming in. But the crew were really good about getting us off quickly and safely. They had cut back on the number being loaded into the tenders coming back so therefore it created a huge lineup in town in the blazing sun!! Not very nice and stood in line for an hour approx. We wondered why but then heard that it was due to the rough waves. They had stopped allowing people off the ship but we went out early as we had the stingray excursion. So I guess we were lucky that we even got off.

I like the Ryndam because it is smaller and easy to get around. Did you like your ship? Seems HUGE.

Yes, the large Nieuw Amsterdam. Yes, our tender boat slammed into the ship going out and coming in. But the crew were really good about getting us off quickly and safely. They had cut back on the number being loaded into the tenders coming back so therefore it created a huge lineup in town in the blazing sun!! Not very nice and stood in line for an hour approx. We wondered why but then heard that it was due to the rough waves. They had stopped allowing people off the ship but we went out early as we had the stingray excursion. So I guess we were lucky that we even got off.

I like the Ryndam because it is smaller and easy to get around. Did you like your ship? Seems HUGE.

Glad you and I both went to town early. I went around 8 a.m. and got back to the ship around 11. I was the crazy woman in the scooter flying around everywhere spending money and exploring:D

Did you see the Old Well that they discovered in 2003 from the early 1700's?

Actually, the Nieuw Amsterdam while looking huge from the outside really surprised me inside. It was so open and spacious that you never got the feeling of there being more than 500-600 total people on board. I LOVED my ship:D

Joanie

Which stingray excursion did you do?

Archived