Embarkation Lunch in Cagneys....

Postman1963

No charge' date=' but remember to tip for service, either daily or at the end of your cruise. The service is so incredible!!!![/quote']Aren't they included in the tip pool that's fed by the DSC?

Obviously, when the service has genuinely been exceptional, one might tip more. But I didn't think that it was necessary for the usual.

Aren't they included in the tip pool that's fed by the DSC?

Obviously, when the service has genuinely been exceptional, one might tip more. But I didn't think that it was necessary for the usual.

Yes, they are include in the DSC pool.

I agree that an additional tip shouldn't be necessary for the ordinary level of service.

Aren't they included in the tip pool that's fed by the DSC?

Yes, they are include in the DSC pool.

I agree that an additional tip shouldn't be necessary for the ordinary level of service.

...and I have yet to receive ordinary service for breakfast or lunch in Cagney's. Please note the last sentence of my post.

I was merely making a suggestion because the service always seems to be so far above and beyond. My tip is usually comprised of a buck per person (much like room service who by definition are also included in the DSC.).

PE

...and I have yet to receive ordinary service for breakfast or lunch in Cagney's. Please note the last sentence of my post.

I was merely making a suggestion because the service always seems to be so far above and beyond. My tip is usually comprised of a buck per person (much like room service who by definition are also included in the DSC.).

PE

Your last sentence was "The service is so incredible!!!!"' date=' including the four exclamation points. The words you used, further emphasized by the exclamation points, imply that the service is [b']always [/b]incredible, which you further confirm in your latest post when you say you have yet to receive ordinary service.

What Globaliser and I are saying is we would only tip when service exceeds the ordinary. I can't speak for Globaliser, but I have had service that was no more than ordinary, and once or twice even less than ordinary. I'm glad that your service has always been extraordinary, but everyone's experience apparently does not match yours. That being the case, you should not presume an additional tip is always warranted.

I thought they were as well. Now I feel really cheap!!!

Nita

Nita, they are part of the DSC pool, don't feel cheap. I just have always had incredible service from the people that have worked in Cagney's on my cruises. They seem to take the time to get to know like the old days of traditional dining.

I don't tip a lot but I have seen people present some fairly hefty tips to these people.

PE

I can't speak for Globaliser, but I have had service that was no more than ordinary, and once or twice even less than ordinary.
There have been times when it's been really stellar throughout the week, and other times when it's been much more ordinary and hit-and-miss.

When it's been the former, we have definitely tipped extra (and, FWIW, more than $1 pppd). But on the latter occasions, we haven't - on the basis that the DSC is enough.

I'm also glad that PE has had excellent service on every occasion, and I don't disagree for a moment about the appropriateness of tipping in such cases.

I simply wanted to make sure that I had not misunderstood about the pool tips for these crew members, because the following bit of PE's post could be misread as suggesting that these crew members are like the butler or the concierge, who do not get anything from the pool and who therefore should be tipped additionally in every case:-

... but remember to tip for service' date=' either daily or at the end of your cruise.[/quote']

Archived