2011-new shorex offerings

cbb

Anecdotally. we can all tell about times that the ship did (or didn't) wait.

My point is that booking a tour through the Cruise line does not a guarantee that they will wait.

I must say you are right it is Anecdotally, but try telling that to my wife LOL.

I must say you are right it is Anecdotally, but try telling that to my wife LOL.

If Mrs. Acrusa feels a sense of security when you book the ships tours, then I say go for it. :D

Hopefully, you will have many years of tours which return promptly, and if that is the case, why burst her bubble? Travel is stressful enough, these days.

On the other hand, if push does come to shove, one person in the couple needs to be able to say "No dear, that was not the deal".

I hope it never comes to that......;)

Arlene: How difficult was it to find tours in Dubai? I have been wondering about that port, it's on my bucket list. What ship are you sailing on for this cruise?

Marion

Hi Marion,

We were in Dubai last year and we will be cruising with Arlene in 2011. Dubai is spread out and public transportation is limited because a lot of the metro stations haven't opened yet (probably on hold due to the economy). We took the HOHO bus one FULL day. It was more expensive than HOHOs elsewhere but you certainly get your money's worth. They have two routes that take you by all the must-see places. They also include a walking tour of the gold souk and a one-hour cruise down the Dubai Creek on a dhow. All in all, it is a full, go-go-go day. This year, we are going to book into some free tours of Old Dubai and the mosque through a center for cultural understanding. They provide a free breakfast or lunch, a Q and A period and also a tour. The reviews are very good.

See you in Barcelona in January!

Archived