What's happened to the bread rolls?

phileas

I apolgise if I am incorrect, but I believe that in your review you stated that the Caribbean Cruise was your first cruise on the QM2, which means you are not qualified to compare it with past cruises, which is the subject of the threads involved.

!

As a matter of interest my first voyage on QM2 was in 1997. Since that date I have done a further 19 trips on all of the Cunard ships, so I think I may be qualified to comment. :rolleyes:

As a matter of interest my first voyage on QM2 was in 1997. Since that date I have done a further 19 trips on all of the Cunard ships, so I think I may be qualified to comment. :rolleyes:

Did you mean "First voyage on Cunard"? i thought QM2 was about 2003-2004.

Just returned from QM2 today.

Always a good variety of rolls in various shapes, sizes, toppings,

doughs, flavors, etc. daily in Britannia.

Well, praise the Lord, there will be peace on Earth at Christmas. :) And on that note I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a great 2011.

Well, praise the Lord, there will be peace on Earth at Christmas. :) And on that note I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a great 2011.

Peace on Earth perhaps but maybe not in cyberspace. I hope all these folks have bought the right type of rolls to have with their Christmas dinner!:eek:

Merry Christmas Jim to you and yours. Have a safe and uneventful journey to Southampton and a wonderful cruise.

You do seem to have a problem deciding which ship and when, but then perhaps like myself you have "senior moments".

So I will say again, each cruise can and will be dependent on the staff at the time. Each passengers' experience (for the same cruise) will depend on cat. of room, which dining room - natuarally given the price difference the Queens Grill will be different to Britannia, and even in Britannia, it will be different depending on time and table staff.

So if you are going to write an opinion different to the original posting, please people let us compare apples with apples, and not apples and peaches.

The experience of someone like myself and my fellow passengers in Britannia .First seating ,upper level, will of course be different to that of someone in a Queens Grill suite/dining.

Waiters in Britannia were untrained, and should not have been foisted on unsuspecting passengers. If you had experienced the chaos, cold and incorrect meals,missing courses etc, I am sure you would have been as upset as we were.

Training should be completed BEFORE any staff has to deal with paying passengers. We are not "widgets" , any passengers who travels on Cunard,whether in Grills or Britannia has the right to expect, attentive staff, great service, and "pampering.". throughout the cruise .

Cunard promises a certain type and standard of cruise, they should fulfil that promise.

You do seem to have a problem deciding which ship and when, but then perhaps like myself you have "senior moments".

So I will say again, each cruise can and will be dependent on the staff at the time. Each passengers' experience (for the same cruise) will depend on cat. of room, which dining room - natuarally given the price difference the Queens Grill will be different to Britannia, and even in Britannia, it will be different depending on time and table staff.

So if you are going to write an opinion different to the original posting, please people let us compare apples with apples, and not apples and peaches.

The experience of someone like myself and my fellow passengers in Britannia .First seating ,upper level, will of course be different to that of someone in a Queens Grill suite/dining.

Waiters in Britannia were untrained, and should not have been foisted on unsuspecting passengers. If you had experienced the chaos, cold and incorrect meals,missing courses etc, I am sure you would have been as upset as we were.

Training should be completed BEFORE any staff has to deal with paying passengers. We are not "widgets" , any passengers who travels on Cunard,whether in Grills or Britannia has the right to expect, attentive staff, great service, and "pampering.". throughout the cruise .

Cunard promises a certain type and standard of cruise, they should fulfil that promise.

Are you addressing your remarks to me, it is very unclear to me. If you are, to which opinion are you referring?

Happy Christmas to you Cap'n and a very happy cruise :)

I just wrote this in response to the good news from foodsvcmgr - not quite Gari's standards but hope it will raise a smile perhaps amidst the gloom

Hark the happy voyagers sing

Cunard’s rolls are just the thing.

Brown or white and seeded too

Cheese ones best and just for you.

Let us hope the dough will rise

And dispel the woe and cries.

Eat as many as you will

Use just butter then to fill

While we were fortunate to have two excellent waiters last week at our

regular dinner table in Britannia, I must agree with jimsgirl that several days on open sitting breakfast we had servers who were obviously very

new and poorly trained and not particularly self motivated either.

QM2 is a magnificent and unique ship, but for the fares charged and all

the White Star service hype there should be better training.

As my avatar implies, food service is my field, it isn't that difficult to

achieve the expected results.

I just wrote this in response to the good news from foodsvcmgr - not quite Gari's standards but hope it will raise a smile perhaps amidst the gloom

Eat as many as you will

Very funny, and thanks for your good wishes.

Eat as many as you will

Hi Heywood. Thanks for the cute song; you could make some dough as a lyricist :D

Merry Christmas,

Salacia

I am not sure that he could make any real dough, but he could certainly earn a crust. ;)

LOL...and if millions are made, perhaps a few crumbs might come our way :D

Capn, hope you enjoy your Christmas cruise. Happy Christmas to you & Mrs. P.

Cheers,

Salacia

Eat as many as you will

Thank you, Heywood. Cheered me greatly.

Mary:)