Passport needed on Carnival Fascination

Gingee

My daughter is scheduled to go on a cruise from Jacksonville to Bahamas next month. Boyfriend applied to passport months ago. The government screwed up and basically it isn't there any more. Has been told to drive a three hour drive or more next month to Chicago (week or so before cruise) to get another passport. They said they can't do it locally now. Okay, this is winter. Chicago is bad in winter. Has anyone use just a birth certificate and photo ID lately? I know if they missed the boat and had to fly home, they may have trouble. Any recent experiences anyone?

No recent experience needed.... here is the proof of citizenship policy.

An original or certified copy of BC and DL is all any US citizen needs for a "closed loop cruise" such as your son is going to be on.......He will have no problems boarding the ship with those documents at all. No worries....

Just got off the Fascination last saturday. No worries. A birth certificate (original or certified) will be enough.

And if they are on the itinerary that stops in Key West, remind them NOT to list Key West as one of the COUNTRIES visited on the US Customs declaration form. As retarded as it may sound, apparently a lot of people do so, according to the Customs agent that took our form. He actually thanked us for NOT listing Key West! :rolleyes:

When you say "screwed up", do you mean it was lost in the mail or it was returned with incorrect info?

Since you have to send your BC in with your application for a passport, is he also missing his BC?

Since the other posts are correct about sailing with a certified BC and DL, does he still actually have his BC....that is what he really needs to get soon.

How odd, we were on the Fascination last week, and had to show our passport when leaving the Bahamas to get back on the ship, (Maybe we showed the passport, because the people in front of us said "get out your passport". We did have to show it when we went through customs back in the states. And we did receive an email from Carnival a week before we cruised, that told us that we had to bring our passports . Tapi and I were on the same ship....?????

How odd, we were on the Fascination last week, and had to show our passport when leaving the Bahamas to get back on the ship, (Maybe we showed the passport, because the people in front of us said "get out your passport". We did have to show it when we went through customs back in the states. And we did receive an email from Carnival a week before we cruised, that told us that we had to bring our passports . Tapi and I were on the same ship....?????

You had a passport, you showed your passport, but didnt need a passport at all for the cruise :eek:

You do not need a passport to get back on the ship when in Nassau, just a sail and sign card and photo iD...... as for customs, again, if you used a passport to board thats what you have to show when going thru customs at the end of the cruise. Unless this was NOT a "closed loop cruise" a passport is NOT REQUIRED, but is RECOMMENDED....period. ;)

I am not sure what the government did. I know that he even talked to someone in Washington D.C. and supposedly someone is going to get fired over this. I just sent him a tex to get more details. Has anyone ever been stranded in the Bahamas without a passport?

I am not sure what the government did. I know that he even talked to someone in Washington D.C. and supposedly someone is going to get fired over this. I just sent him a tex to get more details. Has anyone ever been stranded in the Bahamas without a passport?

I am sure it has happened, but not to me...., but it would be to go to the US consulate to get assistance to procure a passport or the necessary paperwork for a flight back to the US if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived