Summit Aft Cabin to Bermuda

RB Bonzo

We just booked an aft cabin on the Summit to Bermuda. We've stayed in an aft on the Constellation, so we know that we're in for a treat, but I was wondering, with the ship spending 3 days docked, is aft a great place to be? Does anyone know how the ship is situated? Are going to have a view of another ship? A shipyard? Water?

Thanks

We were in an aft cabin last May to Bermuda. The ship was docked parallel to Dockyards, so there was a great view of the entire Dockyards. Good photo opportunities from that viewpoint. If I recall correctly, the ship was docked with its port side against the pier. If you haven't already been to Bermuda, you will love it. It's a beautiful island and the people were so friendly. We really loved the fact that we could come and go as much as we wanted for those three days. I'll see if I can dig up some photos and post later.

There was another ship - one of the NCL ships- behind Summit, but I didn't think it impacted our privacy or enjoyment because it was far enough away.

Sorry if you experienced a lot of motion in an aft cabin . Although the seas where a little rougher when we departed from Cape Liberty (compared to other sailings from San Juan and Ft Lauderdale), we felt very little motion from the aft. We had one of the aft cabins on Deck 7.

Having sailed several times to Bermuda, mostly May or September, I found the best place

to be is midship on a lower deck. On the Summit last May, we were not even aware of the

rockin' and rollin' that others were encountering until we went to dinner. Lots of people on

the upper decks were not able to partake in dinner! I'm talking seriously sick!! We never

thought the rocking was anything unusual.

See what happens?? The more you pay, the higher you go, the sicker you get!!

Seriously, you have to be aware of the time of year you're sailing and the destination.

On our return from Bermuda last year and in past years at the same time, the waters are

like glass. Not a wave to be found. Just a big difference, not knowing which way it's going to be.

Just remember to take your Bonine, the best remedy for a rockin' ship!!

I was incorrect. Summit was docked with her starboardside to the pier. Here are some photos. All except the first ;) were taken from aft cabin 7208 balcony.

Thank you!

I agree that isn't so bad. DW and I are thinking about the motion issue.

Thanks for those pics! DD & her Fiancee and Bestman & Bridesmaid will be in these cabins (July 2011). I have read that the side facing the port changes as needed by X to repaint (outside) or lower lifeboats (routine maintenance).

I have been more concerned about the rear view plus the bumpy ride down (I don't want DD to be green in the wedding pixs!).

For those who have been in these aft cabins- how windy is it on the way to Bermuda? Any possibility of pictures of the bride on the balcony without messing up her hairdo or blowing the veil overboard?

Thanks for those pics! DD & her Fiancee and Bestman & Bridesmaid will be in these cabins (July 2011). I have read that the side facing the port changes as needed by X to repaint (outside) or lower lifeboats (routine maintenance).

That is correct. I asked that question of the Captain when we toured the bridge, and he told me he can pull in to the Port or Starboard, depending upon the maintenance need to be done.

We has an aft cabin on Millennium on a 10 day Wine Cruise. You will not regret it one single bit. Enjoy!!!

After seeing the photo's, I upgraded us from a C3 starboard side to a aft facing C1 for May 15th! We had an aft facing suite on the Dawn to Bermuda this past May and loved it.

Thanks for making me spend more money!:D

Paul

After seeing the photo's, I upgraded us from a C3 starboard side to a aft facing C1 for May 15th! We had an aft facing suite on the Dawn to Bermuda this past May and loved it.

Thanks for making me spend more money!:D

Paul

Glad the photos helped. It's the least I could do considering all the great info I've gotten from these boards over the years!

I have been more concerned about the rear view plus the bumpy ride down (I don't want DD to be green in the wedding pixs!).

For those who have been in these aft cabins- how windy is it on the way to Bermuda? Any possibility of pictures of the bride on the balcony without messing up her hairdo or blowing the veil overboard?

It was rather windy the first day leaving Cape Liberty as a cold front was blowing through. By the time we arrived in Bermuda, the seas were very calm and there was very little wind. Also, the 'panels' between the balconies provide protection from the wind. Just be aware that due to the depth of the aft balconies and depending on the time of day, part of the balcony will be in the shade and may not provide the most ideal photo lighting.

Congrats on your DD's wedding. I'm sure the wedding party will love Bermuda!

Archived