zipline

mortypro

My kids both ziplined on the Oasis last winter. I am terrified of heights. I am hoping to work up the nerve to do it on our next cruise. They loved it. You can not sign up in advance. When you get onboard, go to the sports deck and make a reservation there. You also have to sign a waiver before going on the ride. Everyone that went on it says it is a lot slower than it appears to be and it is over so fast. It takes more time to "suit up" than it does to go on it. The staff was so patient with my son...he chickened out a couple of times and they really talked him through it and calmed him down. He eventually did it and was so proud of himself. They give you a little traiing before you go on the ride. Have fun!

Recommend you sign up when you first get on so you can get a time you want. The slots go fast and the last ones are usually when you're at port and may want to be off the ship.

If the ship is full there aren't enough slots for everybody to do it. It's generally one time per passenger but I've read about people who stood by waiting for no shows and got to go again.

I also had to conquer my fears on the Oasis but it is super safe. RCI can't afford to have people fall off the zipline onto the Boardwalk Deck below. I was so nervous the crew member asked me if I understood English - I guess I wasn't responding to her directions.

It's over in seconds and you'll be glad you did it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hello I was on Allure Dec 1st sailing, There is no advance sign up you just go to the zip line area they will have you sign a waiver and get you in gear. At that point you will line up with all the others and then zip across one by one.

Okay I am a BIG chicken of heights but had pre-determined I was zipping. To be honest I had gathered about 12 people to go with me that I had met around the ship earlier that day. To my surprise at 4:30 they were there looking for me and getting ready to go themselves. All were a bit nervous :eek: but we gained strength in numbers. :D

Now after getting ready and talking a bunch of goo it was my turn, do not look down! Normal zip lines can be just as high but something about that platform and the view. It is not tree's it is 10 floors down (100 ft atleast)looking at the boardwalk. I at that time told the worker "I am scared" he said "this is safer than walking on the pool deck you will be fine and I will push you" then off I went and yes I was fine.

I am not trying to play on your fear, I just want to give you a couple of pointers that will make it easier. Let the workers know your fear and then you will not have to take the actual leap off the platform and do not look down. At the end make sure to keep your legs lifted for your landing on the soft bag and you will be elated you made the zip across.

It was great and all of us in my group did do the zip and were glad we did,

You can do it!!!

patty

Recommend you sign up when you first get on so you can get a time you want. The slots go fast and the last ones are usually when you're at port and may want to be off the ship.

If the ship is full there aren't enough slots for everybody to do it. It's generally one time per passenger but I've read about people who stood by waiting for no shows and got to go again.

I also had to conquer my fears on the Oasis but it is super safe. RCI can't afford to have people fall off the zipline onto the Boardwalk Deck below. I was so nervous the crew member asked me if I understood English - I guess I wasn't responding to her directions.

It's over in seconds and you'll be glad you did it.

Enjoy your cruise.

On the Allure Dec 1st there was no advance sign up or reservations. I did try and was told no bother not anymore by very broken english. So I wonder if it has changed for both Oasis and Allure? :confused:

Smiles,

Patty

I did in on the Oasis last year, and on the Allure on her Dec 1 sailing... I really like the not having to make reservations for the zipline... we just wondered over, got geared up with only one or two people in front of us and then ziplined... We even walked back and because no one was waiting for gear, we were invited to go again. I think we went three times in a row on one day and twice on another.

Can't wait until March when we sail again.... We're doing the zipline in Labadee for the first time!!!

You can not sign up in advance. When you get onboard, go to the sports deck and make a reservation there. You also have to sign a waiver before going on the ride.

You can fill out the waiver ahead of time online. I am also terrified of heights and my wife talked me into para-sailing in Cozumel, so I know I can do this.

On the Allure Dec 1st there was no advance sign up or reservations. I did try and was told no bother not anymore by very broken english. So I wonder if it has changed for both Oasis and Allure? :confused:

Smiles,

Patty

Just this week I signed my waiver for the zip line, wall climb, and flowrider all online inside my reservation, the same place you sign up for the excursions. I've heard it was a new change.

This depends on the week that you cruise. If you cruise when the ship happens to be filled with people who desire to use the zipline, that may be the case, but when my wife and I went on the Oasis on October she had no problem walking up on a sea day and waiting 10 minutes and going for a zip. She is afraid of heights and said it was over before she knew it.

Archived