Pay the price for luxury?

Mrs.C05

It's just a bit of common sense and math.

Of course there is going to be a markup, it's a business. You can't really compare what a bottle costs at home, because you aren't at home making drinks in your kitchen.

You have to compare how many drinks you buy at the bar and how many drinks you can get out of the liter bottle. Better deal? Only you can figure that out.

I will continue to buy through Bon Voyage.

Don't know if my title makes sense but I was just thinking that Carnival really marks up the price for a liter of Malibu Rum from the Bon Voyage department. I would love to have some alcohol in our room since I'm sure we'll be on our balcony a lot, but $55 for a liter? That's 3 times the price here!

For those who have bought alcohol for your room, what made you decide? What was your 'justification'?

I bought a bottle of Malibu for my next cruise. The cost was $60.36 including tax. The way I look at it is....It's not something I do very often.

Why pay $55? Rum Runners are the way to go.

Ever been caught? We were thinking of this but with how much they're cracking down, I don't want to risk having it taken away and then not have any. Not unless I do both, smuggle and buy through Bon Voyage. I just don't feel right doing that though.

Archived