Queen Victoria general questions

victory2020

New to these boards & I'm thinking of doing a sample 4 day cruise on QV. A few questions;

Are the cappucinos & espressos free on the ship?

is there some form of a pizzaria?

are the gyms well equipped (I understand the steam room has a charge-anyone know how much?)

do the dining rooms serve lunch on port days, & I assume it is easy to get a table for 2 at dinner seating?

does room service serve full breakfast?

would I (female) be out of place wearing cocktail dresses every night at dinner?

Thanks

Welcome to the Cunard board - lots of friendly, helpful people here!

On the Queen Victoria there is a lovely room called Café Carinthia where you can get various coffees but you pay for them in there. The pastries in the morning and sandwiches, salads, and desserts at lunchtime are free. I believe you can have a cappuccino or espresso in the dining room for free after or with your meal.

There is a separate pizza area in the Lido Restaurant and they custom make them according to what you want on it. This is included in your cruise fare.

The gym is excellent with lots of equipment. The spa does have a charge with various prices for all day use, half day use, messages, etc.

The dining rooms are open on port days. If you book a Britannia class stateroom the dining room is open seating for all breakfasts and lunches and you can request a table for two at the door. Open seating is a fun way to meet new people. Book early for a table for two for dinner.

You will see all types of formal dress in the evenings from many long gowns to silk pants with sparkly tops to very dressy cocktail dresses.

Do try the sampler; you will love it but be warned - - Cunard's ships are addictive!

Welcome to the Cunard board - lots of friendly, helpful people here!

On the Queen Victoria there is a lovely room called Café Carinthia where you can get various coffees but you pay for them in there. The pastries in the morning and sandwiches, salads, and desserts at lunchtime are free. I believe you can have a cappuccino or espresso in the dining room for free after or with your meal.

There is a separate pizza area in the Lido Restaurant and they custom make them according to what you want on it. This is included in your cruise fare.

The gym is excellent with lots of equipment. The spa does have a charge with various prices for all day use, half day use, messages, etc.

The dining rooms are open on port days. If you book a Britannia class stateroom the dining room is open seating for all breakfasts and lunches and you can request a table for two at the door. Open seating is a fun way to meet new people. Book early for a table for two for dinner.

You will see all types of formal dress in the evenings from many long gowns to silk pants with sparkly tops to very dressy cocktail dresses.

Do try the sampler; you will love it but be warned - - Cunard's ships are addictive!

Thanks so much for all the help! One more question, do they serve afternoon tea?

Just back from QV Northern Europe 5 nights good deal at time for balconies. People waiting for a table for afternoon tea maybe because all tours were cancelled although we took taxi to Brugges.We took couple who had been on a Thomson cruise about 7 years ago and would never do another cruise! They decided to try QV they loved it want to do the Fjords in July.We could not fault it in any shape or form but no doubt someone will.Off on Azura jan 7th round the Carribean and wonder how it will compare to Cunard.Anyway if you can get one for the right price go for it.

New to these boards & I'm thinking of doing a sample 4 day cruise on QV. A few questions;

Are the cappucinos & espressos free on the ship?

is there some form of a pizzaria?

are the gyms well equipped (I understand the steam room has a charge-anyone know how much?)

do the dining rooms serve lunch on port days, & I assume it is easy to get a table for 2 at dinner seating?

does room service serve full breakfast?

would I (female) be out of place wearing cocktail dresses every night at dinner?

Thanks

No. Cappuccino and Espresso is not free. But Cafe Carinthia is the best coffee bar at sea.

No pizzeria.

Yes. Gyms are first class.

Never been to the steam room but I know the SPA is first class. Don't know what they charge but I'm sure they do charge.

I believe a part of the main dining room is open for lunch on Port days. Don't know about the Grills.

I believe room service did have a full breakfast.

Cocktail dress every night is not a problem on any Cunard ship.

As I said, my last time on QV was 3 years ago. Things can change.

I loved the QV. Spent 2 months on her.

Archived