Need some insight from experienced RCCLers

CdnMessKit

Hello guys,

I have a problem and I thought that the experienced cruisers here may be able to provide some insight. I purchased my Ney Years Eve cruise on board my alaskan cruise a few months back. An inside cabin cost us $4620 (canadian). I, out of curiosity, checked the website and found out that if I had booked today I could get a boardwalk balcony for under $3000... if I call RCCL would I be able to get upgraded or OBC? Please note that we are only Gold level... so I am not holding my breath for the upgrade fairy!!!

Call and ask them tomorrow. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain if they allow it. If a higher category goes down in price, you are supposed to be able to upgrade. (if it's not a special sale or something) Best of luck to you! Please let us know what they say...it helps everyone in that situation. :)

Sooo... I called RCCL this morning. After being on hold for 30 minutes (they had trouble accessing my account), I was informed that no the room that I wanted was more than that of what the website said... then she asked the majic question..."are you police or fire". I answered no but said that my wife and I are military. Then the cabin I wanted was the right price.

So I am now in a Central Park View cabin... thanks for all the words of advice. Research works and the customer service from the call center was great.

Sooo... I called RCCL this morning. After being on hold for 30 minutes (they had trouble accessing my account), I was informed that no the room that I wanted was more than that of what the website said... then she asked the majic question..."are you police or fire". I answered no but said that my wife and I are military. Then the cabin I wanted was the right price.

So I am now in a Central Park View cabin... thanks for all the words of advice. Research works and the customer service from the call center was great.

Good for you! So, now remember to always mention your military status when you book. The three biggees for discounts (not on all sailings) is senior, military/fire/police, and state residency. These are discounts that can pop up at any time on any cruise.

Be sure to keep checking your prices on future cruises, because after you book you can get that upgrade if the higher category is same or lower than what you booked.

This time, by the time you called the only balconies they had were higher than what you paid, but they had the military discount for you.

Have a super New Year's cruise!!!

We booked the New Years cruise on our Alaskan cruise which started on the 7th of May. When I explained the situation she looked at all the options, I think she new that we would have prefered the upgrade to OBC.

We always state we are military when we book... however they don't go back and check that status. I will now keep checking the prices, we are looking at booking another cruise in Dec leaving from Galveston.

Archived