Blow up Pool

i2ukus

Hey all...we are bringing out 18 month old on a cruise with us in Jan. We know she is unable to go in the ship pools b/c of her not being potty trained. I have read a lot of people saying they take a blow pool with them for a "tub" and they take it up on deck for a pool....I know this seems like a dumb questions but how the heck do you fill the baby pool up with water on the deck?? and while you are at it (lol) how did you empty it?? I appreciate your help as this is our first cruise with a child! TIA:D:p

Also, any other tips would be awesome!!!

Good question since I would think it would be annoying as heck to put a blow up pool near the regular pool. (where would you move the lounge chairs). I know as someone crusing with someone with mobility issues, you can hardly walk thru the lido pool area most of the time with all the lounge chairs all over.

I have heard of some putting a blow up pool on their balcony .. but not near the lido deck main pool.

Hey all...we are bringing out 18 month old on a cruise with us in Jan. We know she is unable to go in the ship pools b/c of her not being potty trained. I have read a lot of people saying they take a blow pool with them for a "tub" and they take it up on deck for a pool....I know this seems like a dumb questions but how the heck do you fill the baby pool up with water on the deck?? and while you are at it (lol) how did you empty it?? I appreciate your help as this is our first cruise with a child! TIA:D:p

Also, any other tips would be awesome!!!

Some ships have small toddler pools, you don't say which ship you are booked on...... but of course the main pools are off limits to diapered kids for health reasons.

I've never seen a blow up pool, but I guess there's always a first time.

We took a blow up "pool" with us several years ago when our little guy was 6 months old. (He's now 4 and can't wait to go on our cruise in March) It was more like a blow up tub - maybe 18" x 14" square. It was great for bathing him - it was small enough to fit inside the little shower in the bathroom. Took it up on deck and it actually fit between the loungers without blocking anyones way. We filled it at the shower at the pool and dumped it in a drain on deck. It really wasn't a bother to anyone. In fact, people stopped by to comment on how cute it was. Enjoy your cruise.

Some ships have small toddler pools, you don't say which ship you are booked on...

Imagine if everyone brought their own pool! While they're at it, why not also set up a tent, BBQ grill...maybe their own volleyball net? Why stop at just a pool? Picnic tables would be nice tool. Party time!

I'd rather have the deck covered in little blow up pools than one fecal teabag in the pool. Friends of mine put theirs in an out of the way spot and a crew member was nice enough to run a hose for them. The pool water is salt, so that would be a bad idea for a water source. A plastic pail (or beer bucket) and the shower water would be a good option.

We took a blow up "pool" with us several years ago when our little guy was 6 months old. (He's now 4 and can't wait to go on our cruise in March) It was more like a blow up tub - maybe 18" x 14" square. It was great for bathing him - it was small enough to fit inside the little shower in the bathroom. Took it up on deck and it actually fit between the loungers without blocking anyones way. We filled it at the shower at the pool and dumped it in a drain on deck. It really wasn't a bother to anyone. In fact, people stopped by to comment on how cute it was. Enjoy your cruise.

DO you have a link of the pool you took?

I too think its the cutest ever picture .. darling.

However, to me there is not extra space on Lido .. the chairs are one after the other, all right next to each other. For people that struggle with walking .. any pool and other obstruction will be in the way. Its deciding that your vacation is more important than the walking space of others ..

DO you have a link of the pool you took?

Sorry I don't but I did google Inflatable Baby Bathtub and Inflatable Baby Travel Bathtub and several very similar "tubs" came up. Safety 1st and I believe it was Mommys Helper brand. Looks more like an inflatable bathtub rather than the pool shown on the balcony in a previous post. Should be very easy to find at a store like Babies R Us.

Why does it have to be "either or"? As in either bring your own pool or the main pool becomes a fecal tea bag? What if parents started bringing these too because their toddler is too small to play on the real basketball court? :rolleyes:

41f44Q5UofL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That's funny and you're right! Babies not only don't need to be on a cruise, the parents shouldn't hog up space with all their play things and accessories.

Archived