cost of specialty restaurants on the NCL Spirit?

ann1bell

Teppanyaki - $25.00

Sushi - 15.00

Shogun - 15.00

Le Bistro - 20.00

Cagney's - 25.00

La Trattoria - 10.00

We were on the Spirit 12/12-12/19/10. Cagney's was our favorite closly followed by Le Bistro and Shogun. We didn't try the Sushi and were least impressed with La Trattoria. The Taste of India was also very good.

Pat

We are going on the Spirit in 2 weeks and I have a question about freestyle dining. What are our choices for dinner besides the buffet and the restaurants with an upcharge? I know there is the buffet but are there dining room(s) just for people doing freestyle?

Thanks.

Marcy in Memphis

We are going on the Spirit in 2 weeks and I have a question about freestyle dining. What are our choices for dinner besides the buffet and the restaurants with an upcharge? I know there is the buffet but are there dining room(s) just for people doing freestyle?

Thanks.

Marcy in Memphis

There are 2 main dining rooms that are included in the cruise price, and don't require any reservations.

Also included is the Blue Lagoon restaurant which serves comfort food (fish and chips, burgers, meatloaf, chicken wings, brownie sundaes, cheesecake, cheese sticks, ect) 24 hours a day.

Windows Main Dining Room - Deck 6, Aft - 5:30pm - 9:30pm

Garden Main Dining Room - Deck 6, Mid - 5:30pm - 10:30pm

Raffles Court Buffet - Deck 12 , Aft - 5:00pm - 9:00pm

Blue Lagoon Cafe - Deck 7, Mid - Open 24 hours

Enjoy the Spirit. We sure did!!!

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
Teppanyaki - $25.00

Sushi - 15.00

Shogun - 15.00

Le Bistro - 20.00

Cagney's - 25.00

La Trattoria - 10.00

We were on the Spirit 12/12-12/19/10. Cagney's was our favorite closly followed by Le Bistro and Shogun. We didn't try the Sushi and were least impressed with La Trattoria. The Taste of India was also very good.

Pat

I was wondering about the Sushi because I keep hearing different things. Do you know if the Sushi is "all you can eat"? Is it an actual sushi bar or just put out as buffet style? Thanks for your help.

Teppanyaki - $25.00

Sushi - 15.00

Shogun - 15.00

Le Bistro - 20.00

Cagney's - 25.00

La Trattoria - 10.00

Pat

Did I read somewhere that 5oz. filet and 6oz lobstertail was an additional $10.00?:rolleyes:

Teppanyaki - $25.00

Sushi - 15.00

Shogun - 15.00

Le Bistro - 20.00

Cagney's - 25.00

La Trattoria - 10.00

Pat

I thought Shoguns was $10, I guess they have gone up a little. That is ok, I loved it when we cruised the Spirit. We also enjoyed La Trattoria and of course, Le Bistro.

Nita

Thanks.

Marcy in Memphis

Marcy,

You have several choices: there are 2 main dining rooms, both will be serving the same menu but the atmosphere is a little different in each. One is much larger than the other. You will, of course have the buffet as well as the Bier Gardens, but I don't think they serve dinner and there is always Blue Lagoon. It is what I call comfort food. Try the fish and chips or the buffalo wings.

Nita

Thanks.

Marcy in Memphis

Just to clarify, "freestyle" does not mean "free" as in "no cost." Freestyle means choices--in dining venues, in selecting the time at which you wish to dine, the persons with whom you'll dine, and the level to which you'd like to dress while dining.

Yes, there are two main dining rooms that have no surcharge (very much like all other mass-market cruise lines), but the specialty dining rooms are an important part of "freestyle." They give passengers a wide choice of cuisines that won't be found on any other cruise line, at a modest additional fee. While there is no need to try any of the specialty restaurants and pay that additional charge, they are an important of the choices that comprise "freestyle."

Have a great cruise.

Archived