Sea Princess

cruiser02

Cruiser, The Sea Princess is not coming back until this spring from P&O, that could be why you can not find any recent reviews of her. She is a sister to the Dawn and Sun Princess. So if you are mainly interested in cabin descriptions, then find any that tell about her sister ships and it will be the same for the Sea.

We have sailed on both the Sun and Dawn, so if you have a specific question, I can attempt to help you.

We are booked on the Sea for this November on her 14 day Caribbean Itinerary.

Has anyone sailed on the Sea Princess? Have not read a review. Interested in cabin description.

My first cruise was on Sea Princess to Alaska in 2000. I fell in love with cruising and the ship. We had a balcony cabin on Aloha deck. There was plenty of space for the two of us for the week, and we didn't have any problems with storage. The regular balcony cabins on the sun-class ships don't have a couch, just a chair. You need to move up to a mini-suite if a couch is important to you.

My first cruise was on Sea Princess to Alaska in 2000. I fell in love with cruising and the ship. We had a balcony cabin on Aloha deck. There was plenty of space for the two of us for the week, and we didn't have any problems with storage. The regular balcony cabins on the sun-class ships don't have a couch, just a chair. You need to move up to a mini-suite if a couch is important to you.

All of the princess ships, except the ones leased from Renaissance, only have a chair and no couch. Not just on the Sun Class.

Sailed the Sea in Feb.2001 (our first cruise(!) and the Ocean in 4/02 on a 14-day Panama Canal cruise with our first balcony room.Just got off the Sun (balcony room) earlier this month and there is plenty of space in the rooms for 2 people.Go to the Princess site to check out the rooms further.

Have not read a review. Interested in cabin description.
If you go to cruiseclues' page on the ship, which is currently sailing as Adonia, you'll see lots of links dating back to Sea Princess days as well as more up-to-date links. This is probably the best place for getting information about her; I believe that the Sea Princess page only has links from that period.

I was on Sea Princess in Oct of 2001. This was my very first cruise, and I must say this ship may have had everything to do with why I love cruising now. In fact, I can't get enough of it! The Sea Princess was elegant and roomy and classy. We had an inside cabin and just loved it. On our last cruise in Dec 2004, we ran into, (not literally) the Adonis ( I may be wrong on the name there) which is the Sea Princess under P&O right now. We were excited to see her along side us, we were on the Regal. She was docked in front of us in Aruba. Have fun and enjoy a great ship.:D

We were on the Sea Princess 3 yrs ago on a Mexician cruise. We had a great time, and the ship was beautiful. The only real complaint was the theater, if you didn't get there early the seats weren't that good.

I was disappointed when it was sent to Europe under the P&0 banner, but glad it's back.:) The service and food were great, lots to do and would sail on her again

Cindy, we're on the Sea Princess July 23rd in balcony cabins on Aloha. (our party got 4 of the last 5 balcony cabins for that cruise.) It looks like I'm directly under the treadmills. Did you hear much noise from the deck above? Where was your cabin located? I'm not looking forward to being awakened at the crack of dawn by early morning exercisers. :eek:

Thanks for any insights!

We were on Sea Princess two years ago last week out of San Juan. Absolutely fabulous ship and cruise. Have been on 1 Celebrity and 2 RCCL cruises since and the thing I missed the most about the Sea Princess was its fresh water pools. A year from now we'll be sailing her on a 14 day cruise that has the best Caribbean itinerary I've ever seen.

Cindy, we're on the Sea Princess July 23rd in balcony cabins on Aloha. (our party got 4 of the last 5 balcony cabins for that cruise.) It looks like I'm directly under the treadmills. Did you hear much noise from the deck above? Where was your cabin located? I'm not looking forward to being awakened at the crack of dawn by early morning exercisers. :eek:

Thanks for any insights!

We were on the starboard side of the ship...I think it was cabin 515. The only noise we encountered the entire trip was when we reached Seward at 2:30 in the morning and had our balcony door open. The dockworkers unloading the ship woke us up! :( Our experience may have been different because we were in Alaska without heavy pool deck usage, but we thought it was very quiet.

We were on the starboard side of the ship...I think it was cabin 515. The only noise we encountered the entire trip was when we reached Seward at 2:30 in the morning and had our balcony door open. The dockworkers unloading the ship woke us up! :( Our experience may have been different because we were in Alaska without heavy pool deck usage, but we thought it was very quiet.

Thanks for the info, Cindy. I'm hoping for the best. It looks like a great ship.

Hi Amy,

Just got back from my TA's office. We just made our last payment for the October Sea Princess NB New England cruise. It is early for having it paid in full but we need to be putting money on account for a Disney Cruise in Jan, 2006. We are paying to bringing the son, his wife and two grandkids down from Alaska.

No matter what, this one is paid for :)

Have fun. Ron

Ron,

Which cruises are you on? We're on the Sea Princess 7/23 Mediterranean Medley from London so you are after us. Also, which Disney ship? I'm a frequent WDW visitor and am fascinated with the Disney ships, although I'm hesitant to take one since I have no kids.

I'm really excited about our Med cruise!

Hi Amy,

We will be on the 10/14/05 Sea Princess- NB New England out of New York. The Disney cruise will be on the Magic for their 1/28/06 Western Caribbean.

I have read how many adults even do the Disney cruise without kids. Just for the fun of it. Our main reason is for the grandkids mostly.

We are debating if to schedule a Baltic cruise next or the Med.

Have fun. Ron

Hi Ron,

I've never done either Baltic or Med before, but I like the colder climes. This is a family trip in July and only 2 of the 7 of us wanted to do N. Europe, so we're doing the Med. It's a sacrifice but one I'm prepared to make. ;) :D

BTW, I have an audio recording of the Disney Magic horn (which plays the first few note of "When You Wish Upon a Star") as my Windows start-up sound. I still smile when I hear it six years later. :)

Sounds like some great trips upcoming for you. Enjoy!

We were on the Sea Princess in June 2001. My first cruise, I loved her

and cruising so much, I am now looking forward to my 5th cruise

on the Coral Princess in 4 1/2 weeks. You will love this ship.

I did the Island Princess last May, a sister ship to the Coral, to Alaska. We loved the ship. Where is the Coral going for your cruise?

I did the Island Princess last May, a sister ship to the Coral, to Alaska. We loved the ship. Where is the Coral going for your cruise?

We are going on the 10 day Panama Canal Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

Can't wait!

We are going on the 10 day Panama Canal Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

Can't wait!

Have a great trip! I'm a jealous wreck! My parents are leaving Tues. for a 15 night Panama canal cruise on the Regal Princess. My part is taking them to the airport. :(

Do you go all the way through the canal? I've never done a canal cruise.

No, this is a partial transit. You leave out of Fort Lauderdale and return

to Fort Lauderdale. Our ports will be Limon Costa Rica, Belize, Grand Cayman,

Cozemel, and Panama. Our last day before flying home we will do a tour

of the Everglades and take a ride on a airboat. As time draws near,

we are all getting antsy.

Archived