Crown & Anchor Society level changes

I always get a kick out of the threads about the cruise line loyalty programs...I guess if enjoy a few free wattered down cocktails, sort of useful coupons and other small benefits to be more important than the actual trip than it would be a huge deal. We have always enjoyed the ports we go to more than any of the actual ships. And as far as RC goes...their activities and the ships themselves have been more enjoyable than the others...thats why we will keep going with them more...

Yes, it's always fun to look down on others for their preferences, isn't it?

Frankly, if I never get off the ship in another port, it will be fine with me. In fact, I am unlikely to get off the ship at all until I get back to Galveston on my next cruise.

Oh, and I don't drink cocktails either, so that's not an issue.

Each person has his or her own reason for cruising. Each reason is valid, so there really is no need to belittle others for their preferences.

I always get a kick out of the threads about the cruise line loyalty programs...I guess if enjoy a few free wattered down cocktails, sort of useful coupons and other small benefits to be more important than the actual trip than it would be a huge deal. We have always enjoyed the ports we go to more than any of the actual ships. And as far as RC goes...their activities and the ships themselves have been more enjoyable than the others...thats why we will keep going with them more...

I mostly agree. While I appreciate most of the benefits they are not a make or break deal for me. The only benefit that I find truly useful is the discounted cruise rate. However I am one of those people who enjoy the ship more than the ports :D.

Yes, it's always fun to look down on others for their preferences, isn't it?

Frankly, if I never get off the ship in another port, it will be fine with me. In fact, I am unlikely to get off the ship at all until I get back to Galveston on my next cruise.

Oh, and I don't drink cocktails either, so that's not an issue.

Each person has his or her own reason for cruising. Each reason is valid, so there really is no need to belittle others for their preferences.

Agree -- each person has certain benefits that are dear to him or her. I like the balcony discounts, breakfast in the DL, DL Concierge in addition meeting like minded cruisers during the happy hour.

Well from your cruise list it looks like you have cruised mainly the Caribbean for the last 10 years. So yes, I can see not getting off the ship. How many times can a person go to Cozumel and Grand Cayman? :D

But you have been to Europe on a cruise. Please tell me that if you cruised to Europe again (different ports) that you would want to get off the ship. Europe and the Mediterranean have been my favorite cruises so far.

Well from your cruise list it looks like you have cruised mainly the Caribbean for the last 10 years. So yes, I can see not getting off the ship. How many times can a person go to Cozumel and Grand Cayman? :D

But you have been to Europe on a cruise. Please tell me that if you cruised to Europe again (different ports) that you would want to get off the ship. Europe and the Mediterranean have been my favorite cruises so far.

Well, it certainly wouldn't be only my second trip to Europe if I cruised there again, but yeah, I would get off the ship at every port. That said, I am unlikely to cruise there again because of the port-intensive nature of the area. I am more inclined to look at a freighter cruise, where I wouldn't be off the ship for several weeks, than a high-stress vacation like another trip to Europe.

For me there is a huge difference between wanting to travel and wanting to relax, and the point of the Galveston cruises is 1) not to have to fly and 2) not to "have" to do much of anything. :D It has nothing to do with how well-traveled I am or want to be.

I haven't read this whole thread and maybe this has been already covered but my DW and I are booked in a Junior Suite for a five day on cruise on the Radiance. in February. I assume whatever changes RCI make we will still get our two cruise credits which will move us up to Platinum. Yes?

I haven't read this whole thread and maybe this has been already covered but my DW and I are booked in a Junior Suite for a five day on cruise on the Radiance. in February. I assume whatever changes RCI make we will still get our two cruise credits which will move us up to Platinum. Yes?
No one can say for sure......yet

Do you think details will be announced tomorrow-----this is getting exciting!!!
Its supposed to be the 12th........a few more days:p

Oh,I could go there all the time............I LOVE Cozumel..:):)

No one can say for sure......yet

Its supposed to be the 12th........a few more days:p

Just yesterday I read another rumor around here :rolleyes: that tomorrow is supposed to be the announcement with a 12th implementation date. :eek:

Who knows? It would be really funny if nothing at all happened. :p

Gina

Just yesterday I read another rumor around here :rolleyes: that tomorrow is supposed to be the announcement with a 12th implementation date. :eek:

Gina

Oh,I must have missed that!:o

Gina

Or they could do it the other way around. Announce on the 12th and make it retroactive just so that they can really make people upset.

Or they could do it the other way around. Announce on the 12th and make it retroactive just so that they can really make people upset.

I suppose they "could" but would any company purposely tick off their clientele? To what end? I don't believe that there is a department on RCI whose primary purpose is to come up with new ways to irritate and alienate their passengers, but to read some posts, there seem to be a number of folks who think that such a group exists. The rule of unintended consequences is still alive and well, so almost anything is possible, but the key word is "unintended".

Southwest Airlines is changing their loyalty program.

Here is a link for the story.

More points for higher class of travel, and converting from flights taken to $ spent.

They say it will be better for the consumer. BUT...read the last sentence by the CEO. I think that means we are sc......d - I can't say the word because I get censored when I do. :rolleyes:

Gina

I suppose they "could" but would any company purposely tick off their clientele? To what end? I don't believe that there is a department on RCI whose primary purpose is to come up with new ways to irritate and alienate their passengers, but to read some posts, there seem to be a number of folks who think that such a group exists. The rule of unintended consequences is still alive and well, so almost anything is possible, but the key word is "unintended".

And here I thought it was all good natured fun - just a way to pass time leading up to the rumored big announcement. :)

Gina

And here I thought it was all good natured fun - just a way to pass time leading up to the rumored big announcement. :)

Gina

For the most part it is, but some people seem to take these things personally and think that the rumored changes are directed at them. :)

Gina

Gosh I HOPE nothing happens at all.

A week from today I board the Jewel on a 10 night to Panama that would make me Diamond upon completion, as I am at 9 points.

Figures....boarding just 2 days after the 12th. Would be just my bad luck. sigh.... :(

Oh,I could go there all the time............I LOVE Cozumel..:):)

I thought the big smilie made it clear I was being facetious. Sorry. I love Cozumel as well. In fact I am headed there again next week.

But I do know of people who cruise the Caribbean frequently who like to stay on the ship because of the relative peace and quiet. I am not one of them. :D

I thought the big smilie made it clear I was being facetious. Sorry. I love Cozumel as well. In fact I am headed there again next week.

But I do know of people who cruise the Caribbean frequently who like to stay on the ship because of the relative peace and quiet. I am not one of them. :D

Nope,didnt catch it........maybe one of these --->;) would had clued me in..:):):)

Im like you..............get off the ship and enjoy!!

Archived