Crown & Anchor Society level changes

I ran a search for "park cafe" on that thread and found the post. Nov. 13 - nearly 2 months old and the drydock hasn't even started. Of course there may be even more changes by the time it happens. The last I heard - a month after that post - is that it was still not exactly decided where the diamond lounge will be located.

I DID hear the CL will become a family suite of some sort and Breakers dining room will be OV staterooms - some people rumor them to be single staterooms but that is not confirmed. It is thought to be 5 or 6 staterooms though.

Gina

More than a rumor unless you believe Adam Goldstein spreads rumors. Also, I was told this by Radiance Hotel Director Clunis.

Adam Goldstein

Royal Caribbean to add single cabins to older ships

In:

29Nov2010

According to Royal Caribbean CEO Adam Goldstein, Royal Caribbean will begin adding cabins for single cruisers to some of its older ships.

"We are going to be revitalizing our older ships such as Radiance of the Seas and Grandeur of the Seas, and so we will have opportunity to create spaces for single travelers then. It is definitely something that we are looking at.”

For those looking to get a single cabin on a newer ship, such as Allure of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas, you're going to have to keep waiting as Goldstein mentioned these and other newer Royal Caribbean ships will not receive this update.

So why the change? Royal Caribbean is considering adding single cabins because of the increased demand from people who travel alone. Most ships are designed with cabins for 2 or more people; single travelers have to pay a single more if they want to go on a cruise.

More than a rumor unless you believe Adam Goldstein spreads rumors. Also, I was told this by Radiance Hotel Director Clunis.

Adam Goldstein

Royal Caribbean to add single cabins to older ships

In:

29Nov2010

According to Royal Caribbean CEO Adam Goldstein, Royal Caribbean will begin adding cabins for single cruisers to some of its older ships.

"We are going to be revitalizing our older ships such as Radiance of the Seas and Grandeur of the Seas, and so we will have opportunity to create spaces for single travelers then. It is definitely something that we are looking at.”

For those looking to get a single cabin on a newer ship, such as Allure of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas, you're going to have to keep waiting as Goldstein mentioned these and other newer Royal Caribbean ships will not receive this update.

So why the change? Royal Caribbean is considering adding single cabins because of the increased demand from people who travel alone. Most ships are designed with cabins for 2 or more people; single travelers have to pay a single more if they want to go on a cruise.

It was Clunis who mentioned it, only it didn't sound 100% certain - just a plan - as it all is until they actually do the job. I wonder how close the end product will be compared to what we have been told so far.

What will be funny about those single rooms, there are so few of them that I imagine they will be in high demand, driving up the price. I wonder if it could end up being cheaper to book a regular room and pay the single supplement, especially when they are on the Tuesday sale.

Gina

Gina

Yes, I am truly and seriously deficient.

Silly me thinking that I am doing 99% of everybody else's work, so they can do the last 1%. :rolleyes:

And those of us in the peanut gallery certainly appreciate it!!!

:D

All that link gives me is a thread, not a specific post. I have my page set so the newest post is on top so I still don't see when that info was posted. But unless Capt. Claus has come back, that has to be old info. Is Capt. Claus back on board?

Gina

Presently the Captain is Sindre Borsheim.

When we were on at Xmas, Juan Diego said the Diamond Lounge would be in the Starquest area of the VCL. All those beautiful windows and it opens out to the deck.

Presently the Captain is Sindre Borsheim.

When we were on at Xmas, Juan Diego said the Diamond Lounge would be in the Starquest area of the VCL. All those beautiful windows and it opens out to the deck.

Hi Melanie.........Capt. Sindre will be rotating with Capt. Claus. Capt. Sindre was Staff Captain on Radiance before he was Staff Captain on Oasis.

The new DL will be right across the hall from where the new CL is going to be located!

Hi Melanie.........Capt. Sindre will be rotating with Capt. Claus. Capt. Sindre was Staff Captain on Radiance before he was Staff Captain on Oasis.

The new DL will be right across the hall from where the new CL is going to be located!

Welcome Back Patti! Hope you had a great time on Enchantment.

Yes the CL (now HO) and DL will be truly beautiful venues when drydock is completed.

IF I was a wagering woman:D . . . . I would bet . . .

they will keep both cruise credits and days at sea, similar to Princess progam ( ie Platinum is 50 days at sea OR 5 cruise credits)

I don't see how they could grandfather in otherwise, as someone who is D+ with 25 sailings on a 3 day would only have 75 days, right? It doesn't make sense :eek: to alter them to show 175 days.

Then allow double for GS and up, and exclude JS.

Mind you I only have $1 riding on this bet . . . .

they will keep both cruise credits and days at sea, similar to Princess progam ( ie Platinum is 50 days at sea OR 5 cruise credits)

I don't see how they could grandfather in otherwise, as someone who is D+ with 25 sailings on a 3 day would only have 75 days, right? It doesn't make sense :eek: to alter them to show 175 days.

They wont be doing both nights at sea and credits. It will be nights at sea.

Double nights for JS and above.

Yes although some Dplus may have 75 nights when the new level will be around 170 nights,they will not go down a tier..it will just take them longer to get to the next tier.

We have a B2B booked on Feb 3 on Navigator which will take us up to Diamond+ from Diamond. Does anyone feel that RC will allow any leeway for cruises already booked or do we assume that, when it is announced, it will be effective immediately?

We seem to have a black cloud following us around, we just made Diamond when they took away the Concierge entitlements and it seems that the same thing will happen again.

We'll hopefully be finding out for sure tomorrow. Of course, it's just as possible that nothing will happen. I've got my fingers crossed for the latter.

We have a B2B booked on Feb 3 on Navigator which will take us up to Diamond+ from Diamond. Does anyone feel that RC will allow any leeway for cruises already booked or do we assume that, when it is announced, it will be effective immediately?

We seem to have a black cloud following us around, we just made Diamond when they took away the Concierge entitlements and it seems that the same thing will happen again.

Lead time would be the only fair thing to do. As well as applying the old rules to booked cruises (or at least those in the cancellation penalty phase) as you suggest.

We are in the same boat with our number 24th cruise on Feb 5th. It had been paid for long before this announcement so I hope they take some of these thing into consideration. I called the C & A but of course they couldn't give any information except you will like the new rulejs. Then I asked will these new rules spoil my trip on the 5th and to that I didn't get a reasuring answer. Hoping for the best as I see many people in the same boat. Bev

They wont be doing both nights at sea and credits. It will be nights at sea.

Double nights for JS and above.

Yes although some Dplus may have 75 nights when the new level will be around 170 nights,they will not go down a tier..it will just take them longer to get to the next tier.

I agree they will keep the double night policy for JS. They have way too many of them to sell on each ship and I think they'd have to lower the prices too often to sell them if they didn't have the slightly better perks - double points especially.

What are your thoughts on the Diamonds in December promotion? After speaking with C&A yesterday I believe there will be extra daily credits given for those cruises in addition to the JS and up extra credit.

Gina

That's what I heard...........BUT who knows?? Tomorrow will tell.

I agree they will keep the double night policy for JS. They have way too many of them to sell on each ship and I think they'd have to lower the prices too often to sell them if they didn't have the slightly better perks - double points especially.

What are your thoughts on the Diamonds in December promotion? After speaking with C&A yesterday I believe there will be extra daily credits given for those cruises in addition to the JS and up extra credit.

Gina

I have wondering what they are going to do about the Diamonds in December extra credits..I can't see them wasting them...will the extra credit mean double the nights...or will it mean..one extra night...will they just ignore it...I guess we will have to wait and see this week.

I took the double credits as a way to jump tiers before the change ... though that explanation would have made more sense if we knew what the change was. :)

Well that's ONLY true if you are trying to jump to D+

If you were trying to go from Gold to Platinum, or Platinum to Diamond, then you got nothing out of it.

I took the double credits as a way to jump tiers before the change ... though that explanation would have made more sense if we knew what the change was. :)

When I spoke with C&A yesterday about the problem with my husbands suddenly exposed 2 C&A numbers, I mentioned to her that the D in December promotion apparently was pointless to those of us who are already D+. A change in the way they count isn't going to do us any good. She said that she believed the extra credit would still be applied to our accounts in some way - although it was obvious she wasn't giving full details.

I still believe that if we move to a days at sea system, my 4 night cruise in a suite in December will be 12 daily credits because of that promotion. To do it any other way would be wrong since the promotion was presented as a way to earn extra credits...not as a way to jump up a tier prior to a C&A change.

Gina

The Diamonds in December promotion only gave double credits to Diamond or D+ members, so it would not help to jump at Gold or Platinum, only regular credits were earned for those cruisers. ( or am I wrong ) :D

Well that's ONLY true if you are trying to jump to D+

If you were trying to go from Gold to Platinum, or Platinum to Diamond, then you got nothing out of it.

The Diamonds in December promotion only gave double credits to Diamond or D+ members, so it would not help to jump at Gold or Platinum, only regular credits were earned for those cruisers. ( or am I wrong ) :D

You're right. I did not get double for my Majesty cruise in December. I am Platinum.

Archived