1/1/11 just starting out

Holly2

wow! that sounds like you are very busy! good for you to keep up that level of exercise.

my problem is that i sit at my desk everyday & don't get much activity. i'm tired in the evening & the weather here is cold, windy & there's about 10 inches of snow on the ground.

i don't like the cold so i try to walk indoors as much as possible.

plus i have the middle age spread :eek:

i'm 48 and every time our cruise comes along, i have to diet for weeks to get back into my cruise clothes.

i'm going to increase my eliptical exercise from 30 minutes to 40 minutes in the mornings. see if that helps.

wow! that sounds like you are very busy! good for you to keep up that level of exercise.

my problem is that i sit at my desk everyday & don't get much activity. i'm tired in the evening & the weather here is cold, windy & there's about 10 inches of snow on the ground.

i don't like the cold so i try to walk indoors as much as possible.

plus i have the middle age spread :eek:

i'm 48 and every time our cruise comes along, i have to diet for weeks to get back into my cruise clothes.

i'm going to increase my eliptical exercise from 30 minutes to 40 minutes in the mornings. see if that helps.

You sound like me! I sit at a desk all day not doing much. I live in Colorado and we have inches of snow on the ground right now and I'm 40. I think I'm able to make going to the gym something I do 4 days a week because i work from home and I can leave work at the time I need to to get there. But in the end, it's all just hard. I live and die by calorie counts and my May 1 cruise date.

I have too much going on to start counting calories. i read the labels & try to stay away from carbs, but that's about it. i only drink water, decaf coffee & decaf tea. but it's still hard to lose the extra lbs.

good for you that you can stick to that. i'm sure you'll have no prob losing that 30 lbs before may 1st.

Just had my weigh in. I am happy to say that it was good. I lost 4 pounds. I was happy to take my 7th day off as far as exercise go. After 6 straight days of exercising 2-3 times a day my muscles really needed it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Just had my weigh in. I am happy to say that it was good. I lost 4 pounds. I was happy to take my 7th day off as far as exercise go. After 6 straight days of exercising 2-3 times a day my muscles really needed it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Congrats to you! I weigh every Monday morning so I still have a few days to sweat it out.

well i'm doing pretty good today, i ate healthy, eliptical this morning, brisk walk at lunch. i'm looking forward to supper though. i'll try not to overeat.

I find if i only wiegh-in once a week, i tend to cheat mid-week. so i'm weighing-in almost every morning. i will post in the morning if it's good news!

have a great weekend everyone! ;)

Seriously, I am hoping that a newer digital scale will show some even slight weight loss -- anything would be appreciated. Still exercising, not eating much -- need some positive reinforcement.

Are you sure you are eating enough? For me it is important to write down everything I eat and add up the calories. I learned this the hard way. For a period of time I was eating too few calories. This caused my body to go into starvation mode. When this happens you do not lose weight because your body is trying to hold on to stored fat in order to stave off starvation.

Seriously, I am hoping that a newer digital scale will show some even slight weight loss -- anything would be appreciated. Still exercising, not eating much -- need some positive reinforcement.
Don't be discouraged! Are you sure you're eating enough? If you eat too little your body might think you're starving.

Thank you both SO much! A friend of mine who's an MD once suggested that. I don't think I'm getting anywhere near the 1200.

It just seems so counter-intuitive to eat more. Guess if I keep my exercise up.... Will keep you posted. Thanks for your advice.

well i had good news this morning...down 4 lbs since jan 3rd. my goal is to lose another 6-8 before we leave feb 5th. i think i can acheive that.

i tried that calculation: my weight is 138 multiplied by 7 is only 966.

i will try to add up my calories during the day just to see how close i am to 1200. i don't think i'll do it everyday, just randomly for now.

oh, and i also took the day off of exercise! :D except for housework:rolleyes:

Tammy

well i had good news this morning...down 4 lbs since jan 3rd. my goal is to lose another 6-8 before we leave feb 5th. i think i can acheive that.

i will try to add up my calories during the day just to see how close i am to 1200. i don't think i'll do it everyday, just randomly for now.

Tammy

As we get closer to our goal weight we go below the 1200 in the math. But, the 1200 is the least we should go.

Congratulations on doing so well.

Tammy

Good for you! You're on a roll!

I worked out for 2 hours today and I feel exhausted now! I took the kids to the kids club so they could play and I did 60 minutes on the treadmill (walking) and then an hour of strength training. I burned over 600 cals. I feel great about that. I use livestrong to tell me how many calories I can eat to lose 2 lbs a week. At my current weight I can eat 1592 calories a day and lose 2 lbs a week. That amount will go down as I lose. I burn at least 3000 a day when I work out so I have a definite deficit. My goal is to lose 43 lbs. I'm down 5.6 and I have 15 weeks until I cruise. If I can do it, I'll be pretty close to my goal.

OKAY GUYS! I think I need a boost before I FALL [very quickly] into my bad habits! I go like crazy for the first few weeks and then either get bored or frustrated with the scale so I pitch the whole thing:eek::eek:

Today I woke and got on the scale[ it's been 2 weeks] I didn't see any loss this week! I was so disappointed... I thought no way - keep going . I made myself an egg white omelet and tea for Breakfast and then went to town to get groceries and run some errands. Well by 3:30 I still hadn't eaten lunch so we went to a Chinese Buffet . I didn't go nuts but even one plateful of that food is too much! I then was so disgusted i came home had another cup of tea and a chocolate Biscotti!!!!!!:eek:

I need to take a step back and STOP!!!:rolleyes:

OKAY GUYS! I think I need a boost before I FALL [very quickly] into my bad habits! I go like crazy for the first few weeks and then either get bored or frustrated with the scale so I pitch the whole thing:eek::eek:

Today I woke and got on the scale[ it's been 2 weeks] I didn't see any loss this week! I was so disappointed... I thought no way - keep going . I made myself an egg white omelet and tea for Breakfast and then went to town to get groceries and run some errands. Well by 3:30 I still hadn't eaten lunch so we went to a Chinese Buffet . I didn't go nuts but even one plateful of that food is too much! I then was so disgusted i came home had another cup of tea and a chocolate Biscotti!!!!!!:eek:

I need to take a step back and STOP!!!:rolleyes:

Alright...I totally get you. I do this very thing and it just makes me feel worse. When I fall off the wagon, it's usually Chinese buffet and I do go nuts. Don't get discouraged. If it was easy, everyone could do it! And one day will not ruin you. Get back on the horse tomorrow. :)

I haven't posted in several days; hovering at the same weight. My treadmill broke last Monday but the guys are here now putting together my new Nordic Track. I can't wait to get back on it. It's freezing here today and we have WAY too much snow. We leave for our cruise in 3 weeks!

I think you are all amazing and that you should honor how hard you have been trying. One (or a few) misstep doesn't negate all the positive things you have done.

Good luck with weigh ins, nordic track and all that you do for yourselves.

Hi ya'll,

Well this is my very first post on CC ever! We have just booked what will be my second cruise and my SO's first cruise ever! Yea us. Needless to say I have been on CC for weeks looking for every little bit of advice that I could find on every available topic. Lo and behold, I find this thread, the one that I need the most. I really want to lose 45lbs before we cruise in May. I have started walking with co-workers in our gym at work and will "Just Dance" with my 16yo tonight for the first time. Luckily, I'm already a water drinker (at least 100 oz a day) and co-workers and I are eating 6 small meals per day with limited carbs. Wish me luck!:)

Marnita

Marnita, Good luck to you! This is a great thread, you do you own thing as far as weightloss goes. When you need help, just ask. everyone here is so happy to help.

I've never joined anything like this before either, so you're not alone.

Tammy

Copper, do NOT worry, I fell off the wagon this weekend too. :( I am UP 1.8 pounds. I ate out every meal since we were out-of-town. While I didn't make the worst choices and left half my portion two times, my body is still not used to these types of foods! I'm hoping some of that is water weight from eating too much sodium. :mad:

I will get back to my routine and let you all know my progress in a few days. Just last week I was minus 4.4 pounds overall, and now I'm back to only minus 1! I was provided food many times last week for lunch, etc. at work, and I just felt like I had no control over having healthy options. Although, I did bring my own salad when I knew we were having pizza, so that I could supplement that lunch.... it's just REALLY hard.

I feel like when I am left alone I can cook healthy food, have lots of time to work out, etc. But when I am social and do things with people, I just become a huge mess. And that is a big problem, because I am a very social person and in order for my weight loss to be sustainable I need to learn to do both. I don't want to just become this person that runs home every night to work out and then cook a healthy dinner.

However, I just might have to "focus on myself" and become anti-social for the next few months, because otherwise I am just going to hover around the same weight, gaining and losing, etc.

What do you all think?

Archived