1/1/11 just starting out

Holly2

Sounds like everyone is doing great. Keep it up.

It's been a good day here. This morning I did a my 30 minute Biggest Loser Wii workout. When my husband got home from work we both did 30 minutes on our ellipticals and then both did his 30 minute Wii workout.

I still have 300 calories I can consume today.

Ooooh, you guys are HOT!!!;)

If you find the scale isn't moving- change up the type of exercise , sometimes that's it as well

No exercise today- just a 10 hour work day...

I'll try to get back at it tomorrow

Have a great weekend:D

Last night I did a circuit of all the weight machines in our workout room - for the first time! :) I've used those types of machines before, but it's been awhile. Lately I just hear more and more about the benefits of using weights for women. After that, I did 1 minute sprints followed by 1 minute recovery to round out my workout. I'm going to really try to start mixing it up. 30 minutes on the elliptical just doesn't seem to be as effective as it used to be.

I've heard that both doing sprints/recovery and weights both really help your metabolism... so my plan is to do this workout at least 2 times a week, plus my other usual activities (elliptical, etc.)

I've also seen both strategies used a LOT on the Biggest Loser... so I figure it can't hurt to try it out.

Have a great weekend everyone!

thanks for the tips! i'm going to try using my eliptical twice a day this weekend to see if that helps. we have a dinner party to go to tomorrow, drinks & good food. I'm going to have to fast! :eek:

where did everyone go? exercise class i hope! i was surprised that my scale finally started showing a diff number. since monday i lost about 1-2 lbs. now i have more will power. how's it going for the rest of the group?

Haven't weighed myself as I thought I would do that every Monday... cross your fingers.

My husband wanted to take me[him] out for Brunch this morning:eek:

It's one of my favorite meals!!! I LOVE eggs Bennie but I resisted this morning. I ordered an eggwhite omelet with TONS of every veggie you could imagine and asked if she could give me just a touch of cheese as well. It was VERY satisfying [ REALLY] but I could have done without the pan fried potatoes staring directly at me from my plate!:rolleyes:

I have to admit that I had ONE and then gave the rest to my husband .

IT SURE WAS ONE GREAT SLICE OF BUTTER FRIED CRISPY POTATO!!!!:o

Just finished an early supper . Had a BIG salad with everything I could get in it that was legal. I"M FULL NOW!

No exercise yet today- but planning a long walk once my supper settles!

The snow is beautiful here today and the wind has now calmed down...

good for you holly! well it's sunday morning & i have to work, so no eliptical this morning. we went over to friends for a dinner party, i was good. had one beer, and one small plate of food. couldn't resist the dessert though. i'm going to try & not weigh myself as often, today especially ;)

hope everyone had a great weekend!

copper6606, i noticed you're going on the miracle in feb. so are we! we leave the 7th. which itinerary are you on? we go to aruba, curacao, DR, grand turk. really looking forward to it. this is our 2nd time on the miracle

copper6606, i noticed you're going on the miracle in feb. so are we! we leave the 7th. which itinerary are you on? we go to aruba, curacao, DR, grand turk. really looking forward to it. this is our 2nd time on the miracle

Ahh, we are going on the Miracle [Feb.,23/11] with the same itinerary as well!

I would love it if you would come back and tell me/us about it when you return.

Have a great time!

Hi everyone.

We had a good weekend. We worked out twice a day both Saturday and Sunday. One hour in our gym and another workout with the Biggest Loser Wii program. We stuck to our diet too. I'm lucky as I have a husband who loves to cook and is very inventive in finding ways to make good low calorie food. We did eat out once at Applebees off their 550 calorie menu. It was yummy.

We are snowed in so won't be going anywhere for a few days. We decided to weigh on Wednesdays and I am actually looking forward to it. I had to talk myself out of jumping on the scale today.

Good luck everyone and keep your eye on the goal.

Much better day today... down 2.7 pounds. Happy but thought the scale might have moved a tiny bit more. Oh well, could have Added that weight to the scale I guess!:rolleyes:

Back to Zumba tomorrow- missed it tonight due to a Board Meeting!

I was down 3 pounds since last week (woo!) Now, if only I can keep going - this is going to be a rough week for me. I have my office Holiday party (yes, a little late :)) with open bar and a plated dinner, and a weekend to visit friends where I know there is a Mexican restaurant in my future, along with margaritas, etc. So here is my plan for the week, I'm really want this 3 pound loss to motivate me.

For the Mexican restaurant:

1) Stick with one margarita, pick a small entree, count out 10-12 chips and that's it (one serving).

2) Drink lots of water all the time!!!

For the Office Party:

3) No dessert bar or appetizers at the holiday party... just a way to cut some of the excess.

4) Eat the salad, chicken and vegetables that I know comes with the meal... avoid the cheese & cream potatoes dish and bread.

5) Try to limit my alcohol... and stick to wine, no high-calorie mixed drinks

6) Drink lots of water all the time!!!

This is just a little under two weeks[ of being good] on this "NEW PLAN" for me!!!

When reality checks in [and it will] I hope you guys will be there for a kick in the buttt!!! :rolleyes:

SO if any of you need to get back on track or a little incouragement - Today is a new day and you can try again and again. We all do!

Consider this YOUR kick in the BUTT!:eek:

Hi everyone! I love your thread. Can I join in? I'm Cecilia. I'm cruising on May 1 and I have a weight loss goal of 30 lbs. by then. I've been on a healthy eating/exercising plan for over a year and I've lost 70 lbs.

I've had good results so far with the help of family (they help separate my butt from my couch) and also the website http://www.fatsecret.com (http://www.livestrong.com is another). These sites are great (free) tools for tracking calories in v. calories out based on everything you eat, drink or do in a day. I was very good at deluding myself as to how much I ate in a day and now being able to see the numbers in black-and-white on my computer or iPhone gives me instant accountability. Perhaps others of you can find it a useful tool too.
I 2nd the recommendation of livestrong.com. I've been using it since day 1 and it's a tremendous help to me.

My plan is calories in/calories out. I count every calorie and I wear a body bugg device to count every calorie I burn. I shoot for a 1000 calorie deficit every day. I belong to 24 Hour Fitness which I go to 4 days a week for 2 hours and I see a personal trainer every 10 days or so.

Good luck to all of us!

OH MY!!! You sound like a PRO!!!

WELCOME!

I would LOVE to see a personal trainer that often[ or get to work out that often]:o

I'm sure you will reach your goal weight for sure!

I feel like a pro! :D I've really made dieting a way of life. I love the personal trainer. I save every penny I can for it but it's worth it to me. I need the guidance. And getting to the gym is a carefully orchestrated dance I do 4 days a week while balancing two kids under age 5, a full time job and a husband. Thankfully the gym has a kids club and while I work out, the kids get to play. Win win for everyone.

Archived