All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Well, it was great. Except for Saturday night, when the cabin shook so badly that I hardly slept (and had a 5+ hour drive home yesterday).

Once I rest up from my vacation for a day or two, I'll get my photos uploaded and start writing my review.

But, yeah, it was pretty fantastic! And it's so hard to be back at work.:(

Had a very relaxing week on the Pride.

Wanted to report in about my cabin. I had a premium balcony, 8235, starboard side, right under the pizza station. Also directly next to the elevators.

I has some noise very early on one morning, about 4 am. Sounded like a heavy cart moving above me. The noise lasted less than 5 minutes and was never repeated. there was occasionally the sound of footsteps above during daytime hours, never enough to rise to the level of annoyance.

I've had more noise from loud neighbors than either of the above.

The location can't be beat for convenience. One flight up, and you are either in Serenity or the buffet. Down a few levels, and you step right into the dining room. It is a long way back from a late night comedy show at butterflies though!

The extra room feels extravagant. It's super easy to find too.

Two chairs and a lounger on the balcony.

I would happily book this cabin again.

I was SO HAPPY to find that lounger on the balcony! I didn't have that on either of my Miracle cabins.

My problem was the neighbors. Everyone across that back row kept their "snoozin" signs on the doors practically 24/7. I kept seeing the little notices where Dewa (our steward; who had the entire aft section to attend to) had left notices about not being able to service the cabins.

Anyway, the folks on both sides were obviously smokers, and since they seemed to spend all day in their cabins, they must've stayed up ALL NIGHT because they both left the balcony lights on, and both went in and out on the balcony at all hours and, inconsiderately, allowed the doors to SLAM every single time.

Seriously, people. If it's 3 or 4 am and you want a smoke, just go out there and have one. Stop letting the door slam. Stop sitting there bellowing at each other. Were you raised in a barn? :mad:

We just sailed the pride on 4/6 and got to the pier at noon, went through security, checked in and walked right on the ship. No waiting.

You were on the same cruise as me and my family. We got to the lot at 11:10. Dropped our bags, went through the security and check in and were right on the boat by noon.

There were already people on the boat when we got there, a good many actually!

Our room was ready by 1.

What night is the best to head to the steakhouse? We are on the Pride for the Florida Nassau Freeport Oct 12, 2014 cruise if that matters.

We did ours on the last night of the cruise. We were tired of the buffets by then and the MDR selection. It was very nice. Steak wasn't the best I've ever had but it was good.

We did ours on the last night of the cruise. We were tired of the buffets by then and the MDR selection. It was very nice. Steak wasn't the best I've ever had but it was good.

No comment on the Steakhouse, I didn't go, but I couldn't decide on anything the last few nights. One evening, I ordered 5 different appetizers (no main). The next 2, I ordered the Indian Vegetarian, and wished I had tried them earlier in the cruise!

Word of warning though, if you can't handle a good spicy curry, it's not for you. for me, it was wonderful!

We've traveled in cabin 6279 which is exactly like 8237. The premium balcony really spoils you as the room is bigger and the balcony is bigger as well. We've had this cabin twice now. If we could afford it we'd have it again, but can only afford an interior this time.

Well, it was great. Except for Saturday night, when the cabin shook so badly that I hardly slept (and had a 5+ hour drive home yesterday).

.:(

Was the cabin shaking due to rough seas? And did it get better when you got into the bay? That should be about midnight.

Shaking was worse when we were moving more slowly (first and last nights). Rather than the usual ocean motion, it was just shaking.

I haven't even begun my review (or uploading photos) because I had to bolt the office yesterday and spent the day in bed. My "mal de debarquement" symptoms have the worst this post-cruise I've ever had. I have some vertigo anyway, and this has just been miserable. :(

I did want to say that pretty much everyone I encountered on this cruise, from the hotel employees to the ship crew and staff, to my fellow passengers (other than my inconsiderate neighbors) were just wonderful. That makes a great cruise even better. :D

NCTribeFan or Paul Medik-

Silly question- Do they still have little boxes of cereal for breakfast? Call me crazy but the only thing I've eaten for breakfast for the past 10 years is a bowl of Rice Krispies with some banana slices!

Thanks!
Molly

[quote name='WetToes']I think you can count on the cereals always being there.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right about that one haha .. Sometimes you get into a routine you can't break so I just wanted to make sure there isn't going to be any surprises!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I need to have protein. I can't eat just carbs (and sugar and caffeine) for breakfast, so I have eggs & meat, almost every day. Once in a while, I'll decide I want cereal, but it fills me up quickly but leaves me starving in 2 hours.

On the ship, I almost always have my made-to-order omelet - ham, both cheeses (if available), tomatoes & mushrooms, well done, thanks.

Then I often get a side of bacon. I add a couple of the round potato things when they're on the buffet and if no potato, I may have a croissant.

Oh, and water and two cups of tea with sugar and milk.

Just something light to get me going. :p

If I have an excursion planned that lasts most of the day and may not include anywhere to get food, I'll sometimes grab a cereal box to take with me. That's the only time I want anything to do with cereal when I'm on a ship. ;)

[quote name='mollypop1622']NCTribeFan or Paul Medik-

Silly question- Do they still have little boxes of cereal for breakfast? Call me crazy but the only thing I've eaten for breakfast for the past 10 years is a bowl of Rice Krispies with some banana slices!

Thanks!

Molly[/QUOTE]

Both of those items are available on the room service breakfast menu. My everyday ritual cereal, fruit and a pot of decaf on the balcony.....ahhhhh!

Link to my review thread...

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2043165[/url]

And link to the FunTimes (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport)...

[url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/nctribefan/sets/72157644792074354/[/url]

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']Is it true Pride will get Guy's during reno in November?[/QUOTE]

Would love to know any info on the drydock updates also. I cannot not find any information. We just booked for November 30th and will be our first time on the Pride.:)

[quote name='NCTribeFan']Post #526 had a link to Mr. Heald's blog. I didn't check it, but the post says it's about Pride returning to Baltimore and the 2.0 upgrades. I was pretty sure I'd read about them in this thread.[/QUOTE]

YIPEEEEEEEE. Thank you. Oh, and by the way...I just read your review. :D Thank you for that, also. It was WONDERFUL.

[quote name='champagne123']Would love to know any info on the drydock updates also. I cannot not find any information. We just booked for November 30th and will be our first time on the Pride.:)[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="Black"]Just returned yesterday from the Pride. We were told she's going to dry dock in October and, yes, it will have a Guys' Burgers on it!

:cool: Bill[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='lazycruzer']Has anyone experienced a wedding on Pride in Baltimore before she sails? Will be a wedding guest prior to sailing 9/14, then staying for cruise. Have not sailed on Carnival, but have sailed on other cruise line. Dock side wedding is a first or me.
Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions you can offer.[/QUOTE]
No one has been to a wedding on Pride? Suggestions?????