Getting Engaged on the Radiance and just got a SUITE deal!

I just want to say congratulations! What an exciting time in your lives! Enjoy each crazy minute!

My dh and I will be on Radiance January 13 celebrating our 20th anniversary (which was actually this past September LOL) and not brining the kids, much to their dismay LOL

I hope you and your future wife celebrate many happy anniversaries and hope you get to celebrate some on cruise ships!

Once you have a balcony you can never go back...what will you now do about the GS LOL

If she decides on a cruise honeymoon in an OS or GS, you better start saving LOL

Enjoy!!

FMcowboy!

Congratulations! So excited for you! We will be sailing with you maybe when she says yes we can buy you a drink to celebrate!

Hope you can contain the surprise until you get on board. I don't know if I would be able to but it will be really cool.

Have you checked our cruise on the meet and mingle board? See you on ship.

That would be nice. I picked up the ring today it's beautiful. So where do we find you folks :)

Alright FMCowboy, we pulled the trigger and made the same decision you did. Also on the Radiance, 01/27/11, so we'll see what happens. We are celebrating our 26th ann. on this cruise so just maybe we'll be as lucky as you guys!

Thanks for the heads up!

Glad you got a ' suite' deal too :) . Maybe we all can get a drink

Fm

I took only these 4 pictures of our GS last month - not a one of the bathroom. I've been trying to cut down on my picture taking. Our DDs and SIL were making themselves comfortable. :)

PC160308.jpg

PC160307.jpg

PC160306.jpg

PC160309.jpg

Do you have any Compass info for the 4 day or menus? We are going the end of the month and trying to figure the best evening/time for Chops.

thanks!

Ok well, We didn't plan on a cruise for her birthday but couldn't pass up the awesome deal for a Balcony guarantee. So we booked a few weeks ago. She doesn't know that I am going to ask her to marry me on her birthday. :) So we got our room assigned and seemed very nice. One witha larger balcony from what i could research, in the AFT section, 2nd from back.

So anyway, I get a savings cert in mail from RCI yesterday and figured I'd go look to see what was out there for later in the year, and I see a link on the travel website I use, that says Balconies & Suites 75% off. So i take a look and I see an amazing deal on a suite for our cruise coming up. Only a $100 more person from what I was already getting a good deal on a balcony. So I figured i could make the trip & proposal more special and surprise her with a suite. It was for a Suite Guarantee and heck if I get a Junior Suite which I suspect, that would be awesome and an amazing deal i think. So after a lot of holding my agent gets me booked. Well I get assigned a room today and I got a grande Suite!!!!! I'm so psyched as the best i ever stayed in was a balcony room and only once before. The suite looks amazing!!! Thsi will make the occasion extra special. My sister even gave me a great idea for teh proposal since mine was great but hard to pull off and wouldn't have been on her birthday but the next.

Anyway, wanted to share my excitement. Anyone tell me about some of the stuff that comes with a Grand Suite or how nice they are? Looks like i am mid-ship. Supposedly have access to a concierge lounge too and i think I'll get an extra cruise credit which will make me Platinum after this cruise. Anyone have any pics of a GS suite from an actual trip?

thanks

FM

ps: anyone sailing on the 1/27/11 sailing? We'll be celebrating!! :)

We are! You got a better deal than us- we're in a Jr. suite for $599.

Hope to see you both!

Do you have any Compass info for the 4 day or menus? We are going the end of the month and trying to figure the best evening/time for Chops.

thanks!

The second night is formal night. The 3rd night is after returning from Cozumel. The 4th night is the last night...and then there is the first night with just one show at 7:45. The other nights the shows are at 7 and 9. The only night I'd do it would be night 3. I don't have any menu info. It makes no difference to me which night I miss since I've eaten it all so many times, I miss none of it.

I personally like going to my own table the first and last night. And I like eating in the dining room on formal night.

Gina

This summer while attending final kareoke on the Majesty this man from south america had a slideshow in the background of his relationship with his girlfriend from college pix and onward about 5 years while he sang to her a beautiful spanish love song (lots of pix of them kisisng - so cute) then ended by getting down on one knee and proposing. Although no one knew them, there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I don't know who is working 1032 but I'll find out the cruise before you since that's the section we will be in.

Yes, there are free cocktails in the concierge club between 5 - 8:30. You have access to the lounge all day. The coffee machine is self serve and it's the best coffee on the ship. There will be sandwiches and cookies in the lounge in the afternoon from around 12 - 4. The food served in there during the evening is better than every other ship. They have the usual concierge lounge food and more.

Your captain may be they youngest in the fleet, Capt. Sindre who is very nice. Or if Capt. Claus is back early, he's really great, too. He tends to visit in the concierge lounge often. I'm not sure which captain will be there because Capt. Claus was hoping to arrange it so that he'd be back early for a shorter rotation, off again, and back for the Panama Canal. We'll see.

I have pictures - mixed in with my thousands. :) Someone might beat me to it. I'll look soon. OR maybe I'll find a link to some older pictures of mine on webshots. Let me go look.

No - none of my GS are on webshots. I stopped uploading there a couple of years ago because of their intrusive software practices. I'll find something for you soon.

Gina

Hi Gina-

I've got 1586 (Jr. Suite) any suggestions-is that a good location?

Also, when do you think I should book for Chops? Day 2 is formal. Would day 3 be a good idea and what time to be sure we don't miss a good show.

Thanks!

The second night is formal night. The 3rd night is after returning from Cozumel. The 4th night is the last night...and then there is the first night with just one show at 7:45. The other nights the shows are at 7 and 9. The only night I'd do it would be night 3. I don't have any menu info. It makes no difference to me which night I miss since I've eaten it all so many times, I miss none of it.

I personally like going to my own table the first and last night. And I like eating in the dining room on formal night.

Gina

Thanks, Gina, I sent you another post, prior to reading this one. I'll make it for day 3 at 6 to be sure!

I wanted to know also if you can suggest which Jr. suite on deck 10- we now have 1586 or should I try for the other side?

Thanks, Gina, I sent you another post, prior to reading this one. I'll make it for day 3 at 6 to be sure!

I wanted to know also if you can suggest which Jr. suite on deck 10- we now have 1586 or should I try for the other side?

Either side is really fine for your room. In Cozumel on our cruise last month that was the side that faced away from the island but it really doesn't matter. I always prefer to be as close to midship as I can without having a connecting door to the next room. That being said I DO have a JS with a connecting door on one of my upcoming Radiance cruises.

My daughters had JS 1594 last month and they liked their stateroom attendant. If he's still on board, that's who you will have. My youngest who is 20 slept past noon each day and he patiently waited for her to come out so he could do her room. They are really supposed to be done by 12 so I felt sorry for the poor guy.

The show on the first night could be at 8, that sometimes varies depending on what the show is. Yes, I think the 3rd night is best for Chops. That is what I plan to do on my next cruise, too, even though its a 5 night and day 4 could be an option for me.

If he's still on board, a really nice man named Edwin is the Chops manager. Look for him just to say hi. He may be right there at the door if he's not keeping on top of everything else that goes on in there.

Gina

This summer while attending final kareoke on the Majesty this man from south america had a slideshow in the background of his relationship with his girlfriend from college pix and onward about 5 years while he sang to her a beautiful spanish love song (lots of pix of them kisisng - so cute) then ended by getting down on one knee and proposing. Although no one knew them, there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I love stuff like that. Soooo sweet.

Gina

FMcowboy!

Congratulations! So excited for you! We will be sailing with you maybe when she says yes we can buy you a drink to celebrate!

Hope you can contain the surprise until you get on board. I don't know if I would be able to but it will be really cool.

Have you checked our cruise on the meet and mingle board? See you on ship.

I wanted to sign-up for Meet & Mingle, but they don't do that on anything short of 7 days!

Hope to be part of the "celebration!"

How wonderful! A year ago my sister & her husband took a cruise for their 25th anniversary. Unknown to her, her husband was offered an upgrade to a suite & took it-but didn't tell her until (as she put it when she called me, a little bit in shock) they were "put in a different line & I've never seen so much Champagne!" She was shocked, awed, thrilled, and totally spoiled! If it can have that effect after 25 years, I can't imagine how she'll react when it's for the proposal! (well, I have a few ideas!) Have a once in a lifetime experience, and then I hope you get to relive it again & again!

Sooo excited for you FMCowboy. Saturday we are in Coz. I think it is so cool what you are planning but then I am a romantic at heart. As the planner of the family would love for my hubby to plan such a surprise. We will all enjoy celebrating with you when you get your YES!!!

Archived