Whats the first thing you do?

User Error

:DBefore we get to the cabin we make our dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants. For our cruise in June we will stop by the pursers desk to sign up for the Ultimate Ship Tour right after we board.

Once in the cabin:

Husband's job is to put our valuables in the safe and set the code. Jewerly, cash, passports..etc.. Put the champagne we bring with us on ice.

My job is to wipe down the whole cabin with my clorox wipes that I keep in my carryon bag. I really give the TV remote controls a good "once over".. I have to do this for my own piece of mind as I know that the cabin has probably only been vacant for 4-5 hours.. So I do the light switches, door knobs.. anything I feel that needs to be wiped.

Cruising with a group of friends we have a row of cabins.. so we will ask the attendant to open up the divider on the balconies so they all connect. Then we will stand outside on the balconies for about 10 minutes waiving "hi" to each other.. as if we hadn't just spent two days with each other in Seattle.. Then after everyone is ready we will go eat, walk around the ship, get a drink. We generally go check to see if the luggage has been delivered. It usually is there about an hour or two after we board the ship.

We hurry up and unpack, then grab our lifevests and head to the muster station for the drill. After the drill we rush back to the cabins, drop off the lifevests, make a cocktail and we usally all head up to the top deck, aft for sailaway. Let the fun begin.:D

Well first thing we are going to do this coming May on the Caribbean Princess is head to the main dining room and secure our very "romantic table for two" (L0L) - we usually travel with a group of 8-10 but we're all alone this trip. Wonder who is going overboard first? but seriously after that, we'll go back to our room - throw open those balcony doors and smile BIIIIIG, BIIIIIIIG smiles, then I usually throw myself on the bed with a rose in my mouth - ONLY KIDDING!!!! We'll unpack our carry ons - get a snack or something and then hang out and look at the view of NYC from the ship. Even though we live in Staten Island there is nothing like looking at the skyline from RED HOOK of the Statue of LIberty and Manhattan. It's breathtaking even after all these years. As we pass under the VZ bridge - I usually wave to my house which is somewhere on that little Island we call STATEN. There is nothing like a cruise to bring a smile to your face, joy to your heart and relaxation to our much overloaded brains.

:)

Whats the very first thing you do after you walk into your Stateroom and checked its to your liking?

Where do you go? etc etc

Change the bottles in the mini bar and give Stewart my requirements.

The first thing we do is get out the Lysol pads and wipe everything down from the TV remote to the doorknobs, the light switches, the toilet flusher button and everything else we might touch. Then we go out exploring and visiting the buffet for lunch.

Wine in fridge, valuables in the safe, check out the view from the balcony, call the dine line to get on the list for the Chef's table, quickly review any "mail" that has been left, touch base with our cabin steward and have them take care of robe, eggcrate topper, icebucket, etc. THEN...it's off to explore the ship and see all the other happy faces of our fellow passengers...I will definitely have a fruity tropical drink in hand for sailaway!

We will NOT be doing what we did on our first cruise--the cheesy Scavenger Hunt! It was a good way to get to know our way around the ship and all, but the Spa hijacked us for what seemed like forever grrr!! It was enough to make us throw away the plans we had to get massages.

My plan for our second cruise is to dump the valuables in the safe in the room, check out/photograph the room's balcony and go grab a drink and drink cards and food.

The first cruise we had a meet-and-greet with people off of the roll call, and I hope that happens again too. It was nice to meet and recognize a few people throughout the cruise.

I'll be trying the Lysol out too, thanks to this thread. Excellent thread topic and interesting answers :)

We'll unpack our carry ons - get a snack or something and then hang out and look at the view of NYC from the ship. Even though we live in Staten Island there is nothing like looking at the skyline from RED HOOK of the Statue of LIberty and Manhattan. It's breathtaking even after all these years. As we pass under the VZ bridge - I usually wave to my house which is somewhere on that little Island we call STATEN. There is nothing like a cruise to bring a smile to your face, joy to your heart and relaxation to our much overloaded brains.

I am so glad you posted this Jenny girl.. i am from Long Island and will be cruising out of NY for this first time in may on the CB. I was unsure of exactly what views to expect and now after reading your post my excitement has spiked even higher!!

Dana

Even though we live in staten island there is nothing like looking at the skyline from red hook of the statue of liberty and manhattan. It's breathtaking even after all these years. As we pass under the vz bridge - i usually wave to my house which is somewhere on that little island we call staten. There is nothing like a cruise to bring a smile to your face, joy to your heart and relaxation to our much overloaded brains.

being from Staten Island also - i ditto that :D

As we board the ship, we go immediately to the Purser's Desk to get extra key cards for access to our boy's room, and vice versa. Then it's to the room and the balcony, to look down compassionately on the poor souls that are still stuck in the traffic jam, trying to get onboard.

First we disinfect all surfaces that we might touch and then I go grab a pizza or 3, find a table overlooking the activity bellow while my DW unpacks. That way I don't get in her way... :D

Very considerate! :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Archived