Emerald or Star?

two4me

hi there, was thinking on taking a 10 day cruise, both these ships do the same route. I have been on the crown and know the emerald is a sister ship, so wondering about the star? The star does the route in march and the emerald does it april. Does the star have the same things as the emerald but just a smaller scale? Thank you in advance.

hi there, was thinking on taking a 10 day cruise, both these ships do the same route. I have been on the crown and know the emerald is a sister ship, so wondering about the star? The star does the route in march and the emerald does it april. Does the star have the same things as the emerald but just a smaller scale? Thank you in advance.

Both are great ships.

The Emerald does have the Adagio Lounge with Sabatini's located next to it. The ship also has the gelato at the International Cafe and an extra deck of passengers.

The Star has a covered swimming pool which the Emerald does not have.

Both are great ships, and the Star has the International Cafe as well. Emerald has a great no-cost alternative dining option with Cafe Caribe.

Both ships are about equivalent, to us. Thoroughly enjoyed cruising on both in the past two years.

I through it was a lot harder to find a chair on sea days on the Emerald then on the Star. On the Star, you could find a chair anytime, but the Star has 500 less people on it. This was the only time we noticed the crowds except at the buffet at some times. Adagio's on the emerald is a great place for a per dinner drink, without the crowds.

Would not say that the Star is a smaller scale. There is essentially the same amount of public space on both ships, the Emerald is larger because of the additional deck of cabins. That being said there are significant differences in the layout of the public spaces.

• The Princess Theater and Explorer's Lounge are the same size on both ships.
  • They both have the IC, Vines, MUTS and the Sanctuary.
  • The Star has a large Horizon Terrace where we enjoy soaking up some rays in a quiet area. That area is now part of Cafe Caribe on the Emerald. The Star does not have a Cafe Caribe.
  • The Calypso Reef and Pool is covered on the Star.
  • The Star has the "Shopping Cart Handle" location for Skywalkers with great views.
  • The Star has a Crown Grill but the are was not remodeled and has a Southwestern Decor, not the elegant room of the Emerald.
  • The Emerald has a larger Sabatini's with and the Adagio Bar on the Sun deck while the Sabatin's on the Star is where part of the Crown Grill is on the Emerald.
  • Emerald has Club Fusion while the Star has the Vista Lounge

Archived