Bringing liquor on board RCCL?

SnorkelLady

Does anyone know how hard it is to bring liquor on board Royal Caribbean ships? We were hoping to buy it at the duty free at the Pam Am pier and bring it with us. I hard heard RCCL was strict about the no-liquor policy. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Does anyone know how hard it is to bring liquor on board Royal Caribbean ships? We were hoping to buy it at the duty free at the Pam Am pier and bring it with us. I hard heard RCCL was strict about the no-liquor policy. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

It's not hard to carry it onboard at all..You just won't be able to keep it in your cabin or consume it..However it will be returned to you on the last night of your cruise, at that time you can drink it all or take it home with you as with any bottled liquor you buy on the ship or in ports....

If you buy during the cruise to bring home, they are happy to tag it, store it and return it at the end of the cruise. Last March they even checked the bottled water we brought on board one day. It had to still be sealed or we could not keep it.

Not true anymore. New policy is if they catch you .. they confiscate it .. and do not have to return it.

My answer was not intended to assume that were going to "smuggle" it..but just answering their question about carrying it onboard..;)

Archived