Sea Bands The Whole Time?

Valemay30

We are leaving Saturday (woohoo) for our first cruise on the Oasis. I don't get seasick as a norm but want to take all precautions. I bought sea bands and bonine to be safe. I plan on taking the bonine and wearing the sea bands starting before we fly out but do I need to continue to wear them for the whole duration of the trip or if I feel okay after a couple of days can I take them off and maybe just take the bonine? Anyone have any experience with the bands, and did you wear them the whole time??

You can wear them the whole time if you want to, but you are supposed to take them off at night while you sleep. You will quickly find what works best for you.

You'll see others wearing them too. I once saw a crew member in the gift shop wearing them. They do work. :)

We did not feel much movement on Oasis. The first few days I thought, are we moving at all? :D I'm hoping it won't be a problem for you and if you are not prone to seasickness (as I am not), I don't think you'll notice it. My advice is to try just the Sea Bands and nothing chemical.

I always start out taking dramine & my sea bands are part of my cruise kit. In calm seas I have not needed either but I was so glad that I had them both.

I didn't know you weren't supposed to sleep with them. That's usually when I need them; I feel the ship's movement more when lying down.

On a big ship like the Oasis in the Carribean, you should have smooth sailing.

My OH has had some motion sickness...mainly on roundabouts, not rollercoasters.....but only once felt queasy on a cruise ship, in a gale in the Bay of Biscay (notorious stretch of ocean...). he carries pills, and takes one if the captain tells us there's a gale due- otherwise no problems.

Jo.

I get a different type of seasickness. On the third day of every cruise I have been on, I wake up with a headache that gets worse during the day. By dinner time, all I can do is go to bed. I wake up the next morning and am good to go for the rest of the cruise. I'm thinking it's some sort of inner ear problem but I don't know how to fix it or what to take to prevent it. It doesn't stop me from cruising by the way. :D

The only "boats" I've been on are scuba boats and the smaller day cruises. (That's why I say 'boats'). I DID wear the seabands on the day cruise (3 levels) and 30 min in I started throwing up - for over 8 hours. It was awful. I now automatically take dramamine before but still get disoriented at times.(briefly). I am hoping I can fight that when on a "ship".

Archived