Can you order bottle of booze for your cabin.

SeaYa52

Rats....... Hate I can't order something to enjoy a cocktail on the balcony. Already planning to do a wine package - for dinners - RCL..... If you are listening..... Come up with some kind of package so we can have cocktails in our cabins.......I won't smuggle - I'll gladly order the option.....but, please make one available!

Just got off Holland cruise line and they offered it for "in room consumption only".For what it's worth. It's (for us) a pretty boring cruise line, so maybe that's why. (Just kidding Holland cheerleaders). I only cheer for my dollar now.

We order wine for our room and also beer.:o

Yes, the bucket of beer can be taken back to the room and the cabin steward, if asked, will keep the bucket filled with ice. We have friends who are not wine drinkers and this option works will for them.

Rats....... Hate I can't order something to enjoy a cocktail on the balcony. Already planning to do a wine package - for dinners - RCL..... If you are listening..... Come up with some kind of package so we can have cocktails in our cabins.......I won't smuggle - I'll gladly order the option.....but, please make one available!

you can always call bar service and have it delivered

I have witnessed some serious drunks who only consumed beer or wine! Can't just blame it on liquor.

True, but a bottle of wine (or six pack of beer) can only do so much damage. There is about three times as much alcohol in a typical (80-proof) bottle of hard liquor as in a typical bottle of wine or six-pack of beer.

True, but a bottle of wine (or six pack of beer) can only do so much damage. There is about three times as much alcohol in a typical (80-proof) bottle of hard liquor as in a typical bottle of wine or six-pack of beer.

True, but somehow Celebrity and Princess seem to not have a problem. You can order liquor from Celebrity by a package similar to wine and Princess used to allow for a bottle to be purchased from a bar for your room. Seems that RCCL makes things more difficult and costly.

True, however I highly doubt a fifth of booze is intended as a single evening's consumption, unlike a bottle of wine (or two) or a 6-pack (or two). Just sayin' :cool:

You can also order cabin bottle service on Carnival ships via Bon Voyage Dept by telephone order. It is quite a bit more than at your local liquor store, but worth it to be able to have a drink when you want and WHERE you want it. :D

So logical, and convenient, not to mention a money maker for the cruiseline.

True' date=' however I highly doubt a fifth of booze is intended as a single evening's consumption, unlike a bottle of wine (or two) or a 6-pack (or two). Just sayin' :cool:[/quote']

Normally not, but the few times that it is can result in a much higher level of intoxication than a bottle of wine.

I'm not arguing right or wrong, just expressing the obvious logic of why 80 proof liquor might be handled differently than 25 proof wine.

Normally not, but the few times that it is can result in a much higher level of intoxication than a bottle of wine.

I'm not arguing right or wrong, just expressing the obvious logic of why 80 proof liquor might be handled differently than 25 proof wine.

But the bars serve it without a limit? It's just RCCL makes more money. I'll bow out though as I don't drink it. Just seems like a strange place for them to raise their standards....your room.lol.

But the bars serve it without a limit? It's just RCCL makes more money. I'll bow out though as I don't drink it. Just seems like a strange place for them to raise their standards....your room.lol.

No. The bartenders are supposed to cut off people who have obviously had too much to drink. They do not serve without a limit, though I'm sure some bartenders are better at policing their customers than others. I've seen both - that is, both people getting refused service and people getting served who probably should have been refused.

Btw - I've also heard, from a captain at a Q&A session, that it has a lot to do with controlling underage drinking. If it's in the cabins, they don't have control of WHO is drinking. To some extent, you could say the same about bars, as one could buy a drink then pass it on to an underage passenger. But still, there is at least some level of control in the public areas.

All the lines deal with these issues and have to weigh the risks and benefits of different policies, and it's not surprising that they don't all come to exactly the same conclusions.

You can also order cabin bottle service on Carnival ships via Bon Voyage Dept by telephone order. It is quite a bit more than at your local liquor store, but worth it to be able to have a drink when you want and WHERE you want it. :D

No. The bartenders are supposed to cut off people who have obviously had too much to drink. They do not serve without a limit, though I'm sure some bartenders are better at policing their customers than others. I've seen both - that is, both people getting refused service and people getting served who probably should have been refused.

Btw - I've also heard, from a captain at a Q&A session, that it has a lot to do with controlling underage drinking. If it's in the cabins, they don't have control of WHO is drinking. To some extent, you could say the same about bars, as one could buy a drink then pass it on to an underage passenger. But still, there is at least some level of control in the public areas.

All the lines deal with these issues and have to weigh the risks and benefits of different policies, and it's not surprising that they don't all come to exactly the same conclusions.

All true, but the other lines don't seem to be nearly as interested in excessive, or underage, drinking as RCCL. Nice to know they are so concerned about my well being. :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

All true, but the other lines don't seem to be nearly as interested in excessive, or underage, drinking as RCCL. Nice to know they are so concerned about my well being. :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

I think they're a little more concerned about their own well-being. Once you've had legal suits claiming that lax alcohol policies contributed to deaths, then your liabilities go way up, if it happens again, and you haven't tightened up policies. That's how things go in a litigious society.

Can you order individual cocktails to be delivered to your cabin?

Absolutely, no problem - you can even stop by a bar and purchase a few shots and mixers without ice to bring back to your cabin to enjoy at your leisure.

Archived