Everything Silhouette thread.

derf5585

There is a discussion about "Blue" that I overheard.

Passengers were upgraded to a Aqua Suite. But they did not want to eat in Blue. A big discussion ensued about where they were going eat. Don't know how it was resolved.

There's currently no such thing as an aqua suite. Only on Reflection (unfinished)

I read the review you are talking about. I was floored when I read it. I don't know who he had as his server but I have only had excellant service in Blu.

I have dined in Blu on 3 cruises. I personally love Blu; in fact that is why I book Aqua Class.

I have always like the food and it is cooked to order not mass produced like the MDR.

The ambiance is much more quiet than the MDR because the Blu only seat 130 people.

Ask to sit in Bianca's section and you won't be disappointed with the service; I promise you.;)

There is always a malcontent. When there are so many positives and only a couple of negatives, I steam ahead.

Agree with choice of Bianca. She was wonderful!!! Gabriel was her assistant and he was very good too. Very personable, very friendly, very efficient.

One thing that impressed me about Blu is the team concept. Empty glass gets filled immediately by "anyone" including the MD. There is NO "not my table".

Blu will not disappoint. The food is good but that is subjective. It is healthier food, but not health food. Well prepared and efficiently served.

Enjoy your cruise and let us know how you liked Blu. Say "HI!!" to Bianca and Gabriel.

There is always a malcontent. When there are so many positives and only a couple of negatives, I steam ahead.

Agree with choice of Bianca. She was wonderful!!! Gabriel was her assistant and he was very good too. Very personable, very friendly, very efficient.

One thing that impressed me about Blu is the team concept. Empty glass gets filled immediately by "anyone" including the MD. There is NO "not my table".

Blu will not disappoint. The food is good but that is subjective. It is healthier food, but not health food. Well prepared and efficiently served.

Enjoy your cruise and let us know how you liked Blu. Say "HI!!" to Bianca and Gabriel.

I agree 100%. Blu was outstanding, food as well as service. Their aim is to please in any way they can. We were spoiled.

I wasn't going to share this story, but I thought it would help reassure those who might be concerned about the service in Blu.

One evening we went to Blu late. DH and I had both had sinus headaches the evening before so we ate in the buffet (which was empty and ridiculously good..they were carving whole turkeys for Thanksgiving).

But I digress...our regular waiter, the bar server, the maitre D Orlando and the asst Maitre D Andrea all came independently to our table to see how we were feeling. I almost felt a little silly because I don't like to complain about not feeling good. Right after we ordered, they sat two nice English ladies next to us. Than their perfume hit us...I'd heard of people complain about getting headaches from perfume and I generally poo-poo'd it, but DH and I both started getting headaches. I felt ridiculous.

He popped up to the desk and let them know we were going to leave, and Andrea put him in a table in the back of the restaurant instead. She came over to my table and said.."your husband went to the restroom, but I have that note for you, that you wanted earlier."

I walked over and she unobtrusively put me over at the table. She was so convincing I really thought DH DID go to the restroom. I thought she was perfect...I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. They really weren't wearing a LOT of perfume either...it was just something that was hitting us wrong. There was a little wait while they rearranged things with our server, but the meal went flawlessly after that. Andrea even went back to the ladies and told them we were feeling seasick and she moved us to the middle of the room under an air vent. She wouldn't accept my apologies and said there is one perfume that affects her in the same way.

They made what could have been an awkward situation completely pain-free.

Another night I complimented the okra and the next thing I knew there was a little bowl of it on the table she had gotten from the kitchen. I barely could touch it, though, even skipping dessert! Portions are big in Blu. I joked to my husband I'm going to start carrying around tupperware in my purse on cruises because I never finish my meal and I'd much rather have, say, a cold lamb chop for breakfast than cold eggs from room service. :)

I am glad to hear there are still many great people out there who can make a bad situation better with a little tact and a lot of kindness! Thanks for sharing your story. I have always found on cruises that if you treat your servers, cabin stewards, bartenders, and everyone else with kindness and respect then you get that from them! I can't wait till my cruise in March!

I am one of Patty's friends who would never go unless I can eat in Blu. Blu is a higher level of dining much like Celebrity of old. Service is above par and food quality very good. If you want something special just ask. They might not be able to provide it that night but the next night it will be there for you. My husband asks for filet of beef a few nights and it is never a problem. They try to fill all requests. By the second night everyone knows your name. The crew on Nov. 18 sailing were outstanding.

Pat[/quote

Dear Pat,

I see that you like me live in Monroe and I am looking to book Silhouette for March 17. If possible can you email me at rlilling@yahoo.com for a travel agent recommendation. Thanking you in advance.

Will be glad to do so. Expect an email soon.

Pat

Thanks for all those positive reassurances....I appreciate them. I'll follow the advice and ask for Bianca. Are there tables for two in her section?

Yes, the majority of the tables in Blu are for 2, however; they are quite close together.

the maitre D Orlando and the asst Maitre D Andrea . :)

I agree not only was Bianca great so were the others. And Orlando and Andrea made it a point of visiting our table quite often.

Andrea is now on a 2 month leave. She left when we got off the ship 11/30.

Yes, the majority of the tables in Blu are for 2, however; they are quite close together.

I agree not only was Bianca great so were the others. And Orlando and Andrea made it a point of visiting our table quite often.

Andrea is now on a 2 month leave. She left when we got off the ship 11/30.

Mary, Andrea left for South Africa with her boyfriend who also works on the ship. They will marry on Jan. 7. She told us that the both of them are coming back to Silhouette but they are coming in a week early so they can honeymoon in NYC.

Pat

LOL indeed! I wouldn't say LCG is in the same league as say, a $100 Peter Luger steak in Brooklyn, but for what you pay for you actually get pretty decent steak there. It def. is way better than the MDR :D

Man that Pete chef guy in LCG made the spiciest marinade ever. I paid for it a day or two later but when I ate it, it was worth it! :D

Peter Lugar is one of the top 10 (often in the top 3 or 4) steak houses in the country. Someone really considers LCG as in that category. Haven't been there, but I'd bet a weeks salary it's not even close. No where, no way.

Fred...did you google that bit of info out of curiosity, or did you already know it 'off the top of your head' (now don't go look that up:D).

If you already knew it, by gosh, I want to be on your trivia team on your next cruise......;):)

Mary, Andrea left for South Africa with her boyfriend who also works on the ship. They will marry on Jan. 7. She told us that the both of them are coming back to Silhouette but they are coming in a week early so they can honeymoon in NYC.

Pat

Yep, She said her Fiance is from South Africa and parents were flying over to meet them. She was so excited.

She said she was looking forward to not wearing panthose, makeup and that scarf around her neck.

Our assistant waiter Gabriel was also going on leave to go home with his family. He had a wonderful smile and when he talked about going home his smile was so big even his eyes smiled. It made everyone at our table so happy for him to be going to see his family.

Fred...did you google that bit of info out of curiosity, or did you already know it 'off the top of your head' (now don't go look that up:D).

If you already knew it, by gosh, I want to be on your trivia team on your next cruise......;):)

No I did not realize wear that came from before I googled it.

Speaking of trivia anybody bring a laptop to look for the answers?

No I did not realize wear that came from before I googled it.

Speaking of trivia anybody bring a laptop to look for the answers?

We are avid trivia players, but would never consider doing that....we were just off the Caribbean Princess in October, and one group was caught googling on their smartphone....

Really, people....cheating for a pen or keychain?:rolleyes:

On HAL, they have a daily library quiz. Some people will spend a lot of time researching the answers before turning in their sheets. I like to just fill it out as quick as I can off the top of my head, and see how it goes.

The earliest entry with the most correct answers gets there sheet posted for 'bragging rights' for 24 hours. The librarian said that they encourage looking up the answers, since it is after all a library. Not to mention the revenue they collect from those using the internet in the adjacent Explorations Cafe.;)

We are avid trivia players, but would never consider doing that....we were just off the Caribbean Princess in October, and one group was caught googling on their smartphone....

Really, people....cheating for a pen or keychain?:rolleyes:

On HAL, they have a daily library quiz. Some people will spend a lot of time researching the answers before turning in their sheets. I like to just fill it out as quick as I can off the top of my head, and see how it goes.

The earliest entry with the most correct answers gets there sheet posted for 'bragging rights' for 24 hours. The librarian said that they encourage looking up the answers, since it is after all a library. Not to mention the revenue they collect from those using the internet in the adjacent Explorations Cafe.;)

Thanks for your suggestion

Trivia in the ILounge where guest can use internet for answers.

12/9/11 & 12/10/11: Sea Days #4 & 5

Was a busy day today waking up to my last 2 Capt.'s Club celebrations up in Sky. Then, had a rehearsal w/ John Bressler (correction from before: not Dressler) followed by his two shows in the evening. He has a great show, although having not preformed on many ships, he's quite the entertainer w/ some Rod Stewart, Ray Charles, Broadway, Rock n roll, and much more.

This morning (Day 5), was up in Sky again except this time for a sign off meeting and all crew disembarking. We got our checklist of all the signatures we need before being cleared off the ship-so the running around began.

Last Broadway Nights show tonight w/ an early sound check this afternoon. Starting to get things in order and straightened up in my cabin. Packing begins tomorrow...

http://roryboltoncruise.blogspot.com

What will happen to Rory's blog after Dec 12th?

He will probably post about his musical experiences off the ship as well until his next contract.

You said on FB that I should start a blog? What would I write about? "Chronicles of the girlfriend of Rory Bolton : Left behind." Hahahaha!

He will probably post about his musical experiences off the ship as well until his next contract.

You said on FB that I should start a blog? What would I write about? "Chronicles of the girlfriend of Rory Bolton : Left behind." Hahahaha!

No you are your own person.

Clarinet, Wind band, Smaller groups, Practice ect

just wondering if there is a Brunch/Lunch Buffet in the MDR on any of the sea days on the Silhouette.

Shelly

Yes, there is a lovely Brunch. On our 11/18 cruise it was the 2nd sea day coming home, however, be on the lookout for it. I think it was in the daily planner but not anywhere where it would hit you in the face. We went to breakfast in the buffet and then we found out about the Brunch. We walked thru to see what they had and it looked wonderful, but we had just eaten breakfast so we couldn't eat a thing. We were sorry we missed it.

Patty

Archived