Everything Silhouette thread.

derf5585

No we are not registered for that and not familiar with any of this!!

What is a meet and greet exactly? What would we find there?

Thanks for pointing this..

It's a great way to meet fellow travelers, who you may or may not have been corresponding with per the Roll Call. The ship will allow a private room or set aside one of the lounges or bar areas for a CC "Private Party" and very often the Captain and/or other ship officers will be in attendance. Just click on Connections info (top left) under Celebrity Cruises, or go to the little box (top right) for the same info. There's a brief description available. To find the Roll Call for the 1/5 sailing go to "Roll Calls" (Silhouette - January 5, 2012 - Cape Liberty, NJ to Caribbean), and I believe you'll be able to find your way around. Connecting to others also affords the availabilty to find out if anyone has booked private shore excursions which you might be interested in. Usually there's a minimum & maximum of people required for this. I strongly suggest that you "introduce" yourself on the May 5 sailing. As of today, there are more than 100 people registered for the party. When you indicate that you're interested and have registered, the person on our Roll Call who is heading all of this up, will add you to it. Her name is Susan. The reason you're encouraged to register, is that the ship will then send an invitation to your cabin as to when,where, etc.

Happy Holidays

Joann

We had an 'X'cellent time as well! Wish she weren't leaving Bayonne at the end of the season.....

I don't remember who it was, but whoever recommended requesting Bianca's station at the Blu restaurant, Thank You!!

where is her station located? or do they move around ?

we are loking forward to our silho cruise in April one of the last from Bayonne for this ship...

we are loking forward to our silho cruise in April one of the last from Bayonne for this ship...

Isn't she great? Her station was table #48 and surrounding in October. Anyone know where she is now? Wonder when her contract is up?

I'm cruising again 2-22-12 and sure would like to have her at my table .

Did you also meet Gabriel, her asst?

I don't know if it has been mentioned on these boards as yet, but congratulations to Celebrity Cruises, Captain Pagonis, and the crew of the Silhouette for achieving a perfect score of 100 on her first USPHS sanitation exam!

It was conducted all day while we were at St. Thomas. The crew was expecting it back in November, upon her maiden US arrival, and was in suspense and a lot of pressure to be prepared for it until it finally happened. You could see the difference easily in the demeanor of the crew after it was over and the results posted.

Well done Silhouette!:)

I don't know if it has been mentioned on these boards as yet, but congratulations to Celebrity Cruises, Captain Pagonis, and the crew of the Silhouette for achieving a perfect score of 100 on her first USPHS sanitation exam!

It was conducted all day while we were at St. Thomas. The crew was expecting it back in November, upon her maiden US arrival, and was in suspense and a lot of pressure to be prepared for it until it finally happened. You could see the difference easily in the demeanor of the crew after it was over and the results posted.

Absolutely WELL DONE SILHOUETTE!!!! Those perfect scores are almost impossible to come by. Congratulations!

Isn't she great? Her station was table #48 and surrounding in October. Anyone know where she is now? Wonder when her contract is up?

I'm cruising again 2-22-12 and sure would like to have her at my table .

Did you also meet Gabriel, her asst?

We had Bianca for the first time on our Mediterranean cruise on the Equinox in May.

I recommended her on this Silhouette thread a while back.

When we went on the Silhouette in November I asked for her and she was our waitress the whole cruise.

She definitely goes above and beyond the call of duty.

Her assistant was Gabriel. He is on a 2 month leave right now.

Bianca said she will be moving to the Reflection when it comes out.

Congratulations to the staff on Silhouette!!! I know the crew in Blu were working very hard to prepare for the inspection during our cruise in November. Thank you for letting us know they acheived with a perfect score of 100!!!!!

We had an 'X'cellent time as well! Wish she weren't leaving Bayonne at the end of the season.....

I don't remember who it was, but whoever recommended requesting Bianca's station at the Blu restaurant, Thank You!!

We enjoyed all waiters in Blu on 12/12 sailing.

I am missing it already.

I have read some rave reviews from returning passengers of the hamburgers served up by the Mast Grill. I wonder how they are cooked--on a flat griddle, or are they flame broiled? I would guess the former, but I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the latter. I would guess that the Lawn Club Grill flame broils or at least electric charbroils their meats...

Besides these, do they ever have a barbecue around the pool?

I don't recall which cooking technique they used, but I did try to have a burger one day and discovered that Celebrity uses factory patties, so it's not safe to have them cooked anyway except well done or beyond. So I passed. Interestingly you can get Steak Tartare on board (they make it fresh) or decent burgers in the specialty restaurant "Q-Sine" (slider party) cooked they way I like it (rare to medium rare).

I know I said I was leaving this thread but I have one more piece of business

Here is the video (44 min) of our Silhouette cruise

Thanks for the memories and your hard work.

Tom and JoAnne

changing the subject (if i may??) been looking and looking for any posts from our 11/29/11 Silhouette cruise???? has everything been removed pertaining to that cruise???? Does anyone out there know???? thank you, mary dallas

CRUISE Silhouette was 11/30/11.:)

I know I said I was leaving this thread but I have one more piece of business

Here is the video (44 min) of our Silhouette cruise

Thank you Fred and Barbara for all your hard work. The video was great.

Hope to sail with you again.:)

It would be a shame to let this thread die, it's very informative. :D

All 'non-sticky' threads eventually die unless dug up from the past with a 'bump up' comment. ;)

It's difficult to sort through 150 pages of unrelated conversation for user specific information that is subject to change based on itinerary, time of year, crew, etc. At that point it's best to just start new individual threads.

Give it six months and all the buzz will be about the Celebrity Reflection, and Celebrity Silhouette will become just another Solstice-class that had her moment in the spot like just like her three sisters.

:cool:

In the light of the tragic accident of Costa cruise ship...I am sure Celebrity only hires the best, but still, could someone tell what is known about the Captain of Silhouette ? Sorry if it was posted before...i could not find this info on the last few pages....

Archived