Soda or wter on board

chacha813

Have not been on RCL in a while. Can you bring on water or soda? Do you carry on or put in luggage if allowed? Thanks

Not allowed. But some people do it. And some of them get away with it.

IMHO the water on board is fine, the problem is ice.

They have a fountain soda card/package for coke, diet coke, & sprite.

IMHO the taste of these are not right. You can also buy soda by the can and have a better product and a larger selection.

Last April (kids spring break) we brought some bottles of water (12 I think) and some juice boxes (one kids only likes apple juice and only certain kinds) and put it all in a back pack which we gave to the porter. Came to our room along with all the luggage. Our cruise docs (at that time at least) only said you could not bring alcohol, did not mention anything about other drinks. Not sure if the docs are different now (and yes, I know the website may say no soda but I am always going to go by the cruise contract, which I agree to abide by, and not a website, which has no legal basis.)

I called RCI yesterday and asked about water.

Person there said we can carry one bottle

of water on board.

SO, make it a BIG one...and also carry a smaller, empty

plastic bottle to fill and carry around... and no rules are broken.

:cool::cool:

I'm confused!!:confused: Our first cruise with our 4 kids (ages 12-20) will be in March on the Serenade. What's the problem with water? Is it difficult to get water on the ship, or does it taste funny? Have been pouring over this website over the last few days since I am new to this and have always done "all-inclusive" vacations with our kids where bottled water is plentiful. Just curious! (Thanks for all of the awesome advice so far!!)

I'm confused!!:confused: Our first cruise with our 4 kids (ages 12-20) will be in March on the Serenade. What's the problem with water? Is it difficult to get water on the ship, or does it taste funny? Have been pouring over this website over the last few days since I am new to this and have always done "all-inclusive" vacations with our kids where bottled water is plentiful. Just curious! (Thanks for all of the awesome advice so far!!)

Water on board tasted fine to us. We wanted some bottles for in the cabin (with sports tops so they don't fall over and spill) and for excursions.

You bring it onboard for the same reason you'd buy it for your home use. It tastes better than tap water.

Have not been on RCL in a while. Can you bring on water or soda? Do you carry on or put in luggage if allowed? Thanks

You can bring a case of water or soda on board. Just be sure to check it with the porter. Hundreds of people do this on every cruise.

Royal Caribbean allows it. You just have to check it with the porter.

The last 3 years I have taken 12 pack of diet pepsi (because they don't have pepsi products, otherwise I would gladly pay for it on the ship). I usually buy the 16 oz bottles and then put them in large ziploc bags just in case there is any leaking. I put them right in my suitcase.

Did you read your cruise contract? I doubt it very much.

If you had bothered to read it, you would see that it addresses bringing alcohol on board but nothing else. This would imply that there is no limitation to bringing water or soda on board although I can't imagine why you would bother to bring water with you.

It you do plan to bring water or soda, I would also print out a copy of the cruise contract and bring it with you as I doubt that anyone on the ship had ever read it.

DON

At last count, there were 8,345,908 posts about water on CC.

Obviously, you are not familiar with the "water people". They cannot go anywhere without toting a bottle of Evian or Perrier and having cases of it at their beck and call.

The water on all ships is fine to drink. But, if you need to pay $3.50 a bottle, the cruise line will be happy to accomodate you.

Did you read your cruise contract? I doubt it very much.

If you had bothered to read it, you would see that it addresses bringing alcohol on board but nothing else. This would imply that there is no limitation to bringing water or soda on board although I can't imagine why you would bother to bring water with you.

It you do plan to bring water or soda, I would also print out a copy of the cruise contract and bring it with you as I doubt that anyone on the ship had ever read it.

DON

WRONG!

This is directly from the RCCL web site, which you might want to read:

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them

WRONG!

This is directly from the RCCL web site, which you might want to read:

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them

Website does not equal a contract. As I mentioned in my previous post, the cruise contract we got (and "signed" and agreed to abide by) only mentioned not bringing alcoholic bevs and made NO mention of other bevs not being allowed. I would go by what the contract says and not what is posted on a website (because we all know that what is on a website may not be accurate) any day. Unless the contract specifically states no non-alcoholic bevs allowed, I will bring what I need.

Website does not equal a contract. As I mentioned in my previous post, the cruise contract we got (and "signed" and agreed to abide by) only mentioned not bringing alcoholic bevs and made NO mention of other bevs not being allowed. I would go by what the contract says and not what is posted on a website (because we all know that what is on a website may not be accurate) any day. Unless the contract specifically states no non-alcoholic bevs allowed, I will bring what I need.

Wrong again.

Here is more verbage from the actual contract:

Carrier reserves the right to refuse to permit any Passenger to take on board the Vessel or on any mode of Transport any item Carrier deems inappropriate.

This is one of those all encompassing phrases, and if the cruies line deems your pinky ring "inappropriate" they can deny you passage.

However, more realistically, since it is clearly stated on their web site that NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE NOT PERMITTED, you have no recourse if they want to deny you bringing any beverage on board.

Just stating the facts.

Archived