Where to stay night before cruise in Ft. Lauderdale?

Luv2Cook2010

My mother and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites, they have a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. Also, they have a kiosk in the lobby that for 8 dollar per person they will take you to the airport after your cruise. They had a complimentary breakfast and gave each person a bottle of water upon check in.

After looking at many options, and calling to get a reservation with a Hilton hotel, I got redirected to stay at Crowne Plaza which I think will be very convenient as it is very close to the pier and had a great rate (the hotel recently opened). Probably will walk to cruise terminal, it's that close, but I'm sure they have a shuttle. I just didn't see this hotel pop up when I was searching.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn in FLL, complementary shuttle from airport to hotel, and from hotel to terminal, hot breakfast. If I remember right, we're paying something like $110 per night.

Since we'll be there for about 14 hours, and most of that asleep, it's a real bargain.

After looking at many options, and calling to get a reservation with a Hilton hotel, I got redirected to stay at Crowne Plaza which I think will be very convenient as it is very close to the pier and had a great rate (the hotel recently opened). Probably will walk to cruise terminal, it's that close, but I'm sure they have a shuttle. I just didn't see this hotel pop up when I was searching.

With your luggage...I think you might want to rethink that..Things are not always as close as they may appear...;)

Hyatt Place North or Embassy Suites in that area. Embassy Suites has free breakfast with made to order eggs, etc and free drinks in the evenings (manager's reception). Both have shuttles to the cruise port

I just got done doing this same research. These two place are among the most commonly recommended along with a couple others along 17th St. I suspect with both Oasis and Allure there now that hotels fill up faster on weekends than previously. People in our roll call group were making reservations this week and many of us were finding our choice hotels were full already. There maybe some other event in town. We ended up at a Rodeway Inn that has a cruise shuttle.

I booked my Allure cruise in September AND my Embassy Suites room. Your hotels do not hit your credit card until closer to sailing... check out their cancellation penalties before you book.. You always can cancel your hotel easier than your cruise.

I stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th last April for our Oasis cruise. Manager's drinks, and breakfast. Plus the rooms are all two room suites with a great quality pull out bed in the living area.

Last cruise two kids on the front couch - this cruise two young adults on their first cruise trying to save a buck... so we are going to charge them a "couch" price...! We still have to share a bathroom in the AM - but with all of the pre-boarding excitement... WHO CARES...

Also - you can see the ship in the AM from the public balconies at the end of the hall with everyone else going on the ship - everyone was in pajamas..!!

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza also. Purple60- have you stayed here before? I believe they have a shuttle to the pier? We have stayed at Embassy Suites before and enjoyed that, but our TA booked us at Crowne Plaza this time....

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza on State Rd before our Oasis cruise in September. It was very nice and clean. And yes, we were shuttled to cruise terminal the next day. We were at the port by 11:00am. I think you've made a good choice.

ES & Hyatt Place. There is a shopping center nearby (a block or 2); we hit the liquor store there & there was a sports bar, too.

ES now charges for the shuttle; it is only a $10 cab ride, quite a deal. But call early!

I got both of these through hotwire or priceline for under $100. I always check betterbidding.com first so I usually know which hotel I am getting. BUT do this EARLY.

We stayed at Courtyard by Marriott right on Fort Lauderdale beach for our 2 night pre-cruise. We walked to the area by the condos where they ships leave and watched them sail away the evening prior. The hotel was a 5-10 min drive. We got limo service ($25 total for 3 people) from the hotel straight to Terminal 18.

It was convenient being right by Fort Lauderdale beach. Lots of restaurants, bars and shopping (walking distance or right next to the hotel). Having the beach right there was convenient was well. Highly recommended.

great idea to walk but do yourelf a favor for the few dollars take a cab or hotel shuttle. we always take a cab no more than 10 dollars from that area and much safer

We stayed at Courtyard by Marriott right on Fort Lauderdale beach for our 2 night pre-cruise. We walked to the area by the condos where they ships leave and watched them sail away the evening prior. The hotel was a 5-10 min drive. We got limo service ($25 total for 3 people) from the hotel straight to Terminal 18.

It was convenient being right by Fort Lauderdale beach. Lots of restaurants, bars and shopping (walking distance or right next to the hotel). Having the beach right there was convenient was well. Highly recommended.

Who did you use for the limo service? That sounds like a reasonable price and great way to get to the port from a hotel that may not offer a shuttle. Last year we stayed at the Spring Hill Suites which offered a shuttle but not until much later than we wanted to get to the port. We ended up getting cabs. Having something arranged sounds less stressful.

Archived