24 hours to Cancel?

crusingsquid

I just had questionable experiencing talking with an NCL rep. Can anyone tell me if you can get your money back after paying for it on a credit card within 24 hours if the cruise is less thank 3 days away?

It was my understanding and my understanding reading the cancellation policy that you couldn't.

Am I right?:o

I've never heard of a 24-hr cancellation window. Sorry. And since you're past final payment date, you would incur cancellation penalties.

What happened with the rep that was questionable?

Exactly, thank you very much!!! That is what I thought too... I am a little angry now...

I booked both of my cruises on the Star after final payment date and was told both times I have 24 hours to cancel with no penalty. I booked both direct with NCL. I have not had to cancel so that is all I have.

Really, amazing!!! often they will hold it for x number of hours, but once that CC is applied that is it. or we have always been told that.

Nita

Exactly, thank you very much!!! That is what I thought too... I am a little angry now...

Why are you angry? Did you book only because the rep said you'd have 24 hours to cancel? I know that if you make a reservation on the website you have 24 hours to apply the deposit or the full payment if within the magic window, but I don't think that is what was being referred to.

Why are you angry? Did you book only because the rep said you'd have 24 hours to cancel? I know that if you make a reservation on the website you have 24 hours to apply the deposit or the full payment if within the magic window, but I don't think that is what was being referred to.

exactly!!!

you have a 24 window after you book within final payment until penalties apply. We had to cx the next day and it was no problem

This is 3 days before sailing. In order to hold the cabin I had to pay with a c/card. He said if I decide not to go, I could call back within 24 hours and get a refund on my c/card. At 3 days before sailing, according to what I read, there is no refund so close to sailing. Where is the 24 hour grace period written on their policy?

cruisingsquid,

Basically, you're screwed. You booked it, just like anyone within the 75 day window, your refund decreases as you get closer to departure. Bottom line, 3 days, no refund. Get over it!;)

No, I didn't book it... Because I new better...

I wanted to confirm (with thus message board) because I thought I knew ncl's policy . If I took the sales rep's word and I decided to book it and then decided to cancel it within 24 hours HE SAID I COULD GET MY MONEY BACK!!! This is what I was told by the rep. I know you can't get the money back within 3 days of a sailing...so why would he tell me that...That is why I am angry. Geez... I sure hope you are kidding when you tell someone to "Get over it" when people just come here for advice and help...

If there was 24 hours to "get your money back" policy , I was wondering if any one else had heard this from a rep.

I have heard of it, and believe it is true. Up until a couple of years ago, when you booked a "top "suite, cancellation fees went into effect immediately; however, if you cancelled within 24 hours, there was no fee. I believe this is true of all reservations, regardless of when made. Call NCL, ask for a supervisor, and ask the question.

Al

I have heard of it, and believe it is true. Up until a couple of years ago, when you booked a "top "suite, cancellation fees went into effect immediately; however, if you cancelled within 24 hours, there was no fee. I believe this is true of all reservations, regardless of when made. Call NCL, ask for a supervisor, and ask the question.

Al

Thanks for the advice. Yes, maybe that what I should do to get the "right" answer.

StarboardIndigo- Thanks for posting your experience.

I believed this 24 hours cancellation provision at no charge is VALID and true only if you book directly with NCL and arrange payment with a PCC.

When we booked our prior Hawaii cruises on POA in 2009, our NCC assured us that in addition to rebooking our reservations beyond the initial 24 hour window for finalizing payment (courtesy hold) - assuming that the cabins are released and available for booking, that we still have an additional 24 hours after full payment to cancel - no fees or service charges, etc.

This is likely related to assorted rules with credit card payments, ordering via the internet/telephone and cancellation provisions for sales mandating a cooling off period. ;)

If you deal with an outside TA and/or automated internet websites like Travelocity, etc. - this might not apply and I would call & speak to a live agent, ask and confirm. :confused:

While we're booking our Jewel cruises earlier this month & trying to finalize our cabin counts, our PCC again reaffirmed the same protection features, and was willing to email us a note in writing if we really insist on it - so there is validity to all these. :cool: As it turned out, nobody in our group opted to change her/his mind and cancel - the ones that hestitated end up paying a bit extra as prices gone down and back up twice for the balconies, LOL. :eek:

Hi, as of yesterday, I was told I had a 24 hour window to cancel once I made the booking, but the travel date is February 13th. I went ahead and made the booking but then successfully cancelled within 24 hours.

did you also give them full payment or did you just reserve the cabin? this is very interesting, I think many of us are learning something or becoming more confused, one or the other.

NIta

He said if I decide not to go, I could call back within 24 hours and get a refund on my c/card.

If the agent told you that you have a 24 hour period to cancel, you have a 24 hour period to cancel. Period. If he gave you wrong information, then that is NCL's problem. You just might have to work a little harder to get your money back.

If the agent told you that you have a 24 hour period to cancel, you have a 24 hour period to cancel. Period. If he gave you wrong information, then that is NCL's problem. You just might have to work a little harder to get your money back.

Yes, you're right....but OP didn't bother to book it....just decided to get furious about the perceived (not actual) slight.

This thread is silly.

• 5 years later...
No, I didn't book it... Because I new better...

I wanted to confirm (with thus message board) because I thought I knew ncl's policy . If I took the sales rep's word and I decided to book it and then decided to cancel it within 24 hours HE SAID I COULD GET MY MONEY BACK!!! This is what I was told by the rep. I know you can't get the money back within 3 days of a sailing...so why would he tell me that...That is why I am angry. Geez... I sure hope you are kidding when you tell someone to "Get over it" when people just come here for advice and help...

If there was 24 hours to "get your money back" policy , I was wondering if any one else had heard this from a rep.

"No, I didn't book it... Because I new better..."

Apparently you don't.

I was told the same thing and got my money back, so I don't see the issue

• 7 years later...

Just an update to this ancient thread 🫡
I booked a cruise (paid in full) on NCL last night and realized this morning that it was the incorrect date. I called NCL and they confirmed that I can make changes since it was within 24 hrs.