Stockholder OBC to stop?????

ncbeachteacher

I could have easily missed this little tidbit... but was just told by my travel agent that...

.... "per the Carnival agent, the shipboard credit that you receive from being a stockholder was only good from 5/25/10 (date you purchased the stock) until July 2011. So you will not receive the shipboard credit on the December cruises. Does that sound right to you? Were you told something different when you purchased the stock? It seems like you would receive the shipboard credit for all sailing as long as you are a stockholder."

This is the first time I have heard that! Is Carnival discontinuing the program in July? What gives or is this agent clueless?!?!?!

"per the Carnival agent, the shipboard credit that you receive from being a stockholder was only good from 5/25/10 (date you purchased the stock) until July 2011. So you will not receive the shipboard credit on the December cruises."

Another poorly informed employee aspiring to achieve 'advanced mediocrity'.

I could have easily missed this little tidbit... but was just told by my travel agent that...

.... "per the Carnival agent, the shipboard credit that you receive from being a stockholder was only good from 5/25/10 (date you purchased the stock) until July 2011. So you will not receive the shipboard credit on the December cruises. Does that sound right to you? Were you told something different when you purchased the stock? It seems like you would receive the shipboard credit for all sailing as long as you are a stockholder."

This is the first time I have heard that! Is Carnival discontinuing the program in July? What gives or is this agent clueless?!?!?!

And your TA actually was so stupid as to leave out the part that every year its been extended .. really she didnt tell you that?? I cant deal with stupid people .. I would not deal with someone that stupid.

Another poorly informed employee aspiring to achieve 'advanced mediocrity'.

What? The statement is 100% correct. The stockholder benefit is not guaranteed beyond 7/31/11. It is irresponsible to tell a passenger anything other than that until the board meets and extends the benefit.

What? The statement is 100% correct. The stockholder benefit is not guaranteed beyond 7/31/11. It is irresponsible to tell a passenger anything other than that until the board meets and extends the benefit.

But likewise it is irresponsible not to point out that it has to go to the board every year. Otherwise it sounds like this is an unusual thing. It is not. Every year it has to be voted on. And since profits are good and the stock doing well, it is very likely to continue as a perk for stockholders.

It would be interesting to know how many 100 share stockholders there are. Who might sell out without the OBC.

Never say Never!

My stock on "another line" was no longer combinable with my "status" balcony discount, or any other discount for that matter. The reason I had invested in the first place. Once that happened that I could not get a stock holders credit I sold the "other" lines stock and used the $$ to pay for an awesome CCL cruise:p

Now I have given up on stocks but still chuckle that I pulled it out of one line to spend it on another;)

Archived