Your Thoughts Adventure of the Seas

dlawrence

We want to take our children on a cruise for spring break. Our itinerary of choice is the Southern Caribbean but I'm not reading favorable reviews on the Adventure of the Seas. This ship has more to do for the kids.

Has anyone sailed on it recently; what are your thoughts - should I consider another route and newer ship?

Thank you

We were on Adventure January 2010, and are going again in a week. I guess that say's we liked it!:)

Seriously, we had a great time, great ship, no complaints whatsoever. Another couple is going with us this year who has never cruised, and we have no hesitation to take them on Adventure and are sure they'll love it.

We love Adventure and sailing from Puerto Rico is the BEST!!!

Most of the negative reviews fall into 3 categories all of which are so subjective:

1. Too many Puerto Ricans - hey they are the life of the party - check reviews out of NY and you will get complaints about the NY's too..
  2. Worn carpet, chipping paint on balcony, etc - 5,000+ people (passengers and crew) on ship 365 days a year - and 365 days a year at sea - can you say SALT WATER
  3. Food - I will not comment except to say I have always found something good to eat in every venue

We have sailed on the Adventure too many times to mention. My daughter cruised with us when she was 12, 14 & 16. She loved Adventure Ocean. Never had a problem with people on board, sailing out of Puerto Rico, or the condition of the ship? Adventure is one of our favorites.

I've gone on Adventure 3 times, the last was a year ago. The ship is fine and there are plenty of activities for kids. Sometimes you take reviews with a grain of salt... I think it's a good ship to take the family on and the itinerary is great!

If you go on the cruise with a negative attitude, looking for bad things, you will probably find them. If you go on the cruise with a positive attitude, looking to have a great time, you will have a great time!

We've been on AOS once and would not hesitate to do it again. We're giving the Serenade a try in 7 weeks because we've heard so many good things about Her.

Just got off the Adventure and we had a fabulous time. I felt like the food was better than I have had on other RCCL ships. Cudo's to the chef.

The cruise director, Anna Bass, was outstanding. Lots of personality.

With a port intensive itinerary not so much time is spent of the ship. This tends to be a busy week if you get off the ship each day. I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again.

Archived