OBC for Military on Carnival

Chowder_17

Unlikely, but I'd start booking the military rate again if they did LOL

I didn't see anything about booking a military rate to get it on Princess, you just have to send the documentation to get the OBC.

Anyways, it seems on Carnival that the ES rate is always better than the military one :(

I didn't see anything about booking a military rate to get it on Princess, you just have to send the documentation to get the OBC.

Anyways, it seems on Carnival that the ES rate is always better than the military one :(

It didn't used to be that way, but it was a while back. Personally I think the line is going to get their money either way. I would assume you'd have to book mil rate (at a slightly higher price) to get the discount. The first Carnival cruise we went on was about 2 weeks after my husband returned from Iraq. He and I were both active duty, but I had an baby while he was gone. I am telling you, just a, $11 cake in the MDR welcoming him home would have been enough for me. If they actually gave us OBC because of military status, I would be selling Carnival to EVERYone on base and all my old battle buddies LOL

We always book the military rate on Carnival and always beat the ES rate for our cabin category...

The military rate is only a few dollars more than ES (on my cruise tomorrow it was only $40 more) but it gives you the option to cancel without monetary penalty, so if I'm not sure I am going on a cruise, I book military and then switch to ES once I'm sure I'm going.

Is this a new program for Princess? I haven't sailed them since 2008 but I have been on 5 Princess cruises and never knew of the availability of this OBC, and most of the cruises I booked through a TA that knew I was a veteran.

I was searching around Princess's site and found it. I agree they get their money either way, since it seems that Princess is more expensive than Carnival. It just would be cool to get an extra $50

with 4 kids we have to book two cabins (thank goodness both of us qualify for mil rate), so that would come in handy. I just have yet to find a military rate in the past 4-5 years that beats their other rates. Maybe on a last minute cruise?

Princess instituted this the end of August, and Cunard started the same program the middle of November. That $100 comes in handy. EM

But, do they offer a military discount when you book and on top of that an OBC?

If not, you will need to pull out your calculators to figure out if the military discount that CCL offers on booking is more or less than what Princess offers as an OBC.

We always book the military rate on Carnival and always beat the ES rate for our cabin category...

There was one guy on here last year who booked military suite rate, and it went down $800 for the cabin. He was so pissed, because no place to upgrade to. Had he booked ES and then price matched military, he would have gotten any price drops.

I too would have been pissed if the rate dropped $800 after I booked a suite.

There was one guy on here last year who booked military suite rate, and it went down $800 for the cabin. He was so pissed, because no place to upgrade to. Had he booked ES and then price matched military, he would have gotten any price drops.

I too would have been pissed if the rate dropped $800 after I booked a suite.

Word!

I don't think Princess offers a "military rate". I recently booked a Princess cruise, and couldn't find a military rate offered, but later found out about the Military OBC. I sent in a copy of one of my DD214's, along with a picture I.D., and got the extra $100 OBC. That'll just about pay the tips!

I too have found that "early saver" is usually a better price than the "military rate" on Carnival. I almost always booked military rate until E.S. was started, and since then it's always been E.S.

"SKY"

Archived