Princess moved us from covered mini to open one

Dena

[quote name='billyvegas']When I made my booking ADs were available, but I didn't choose one, I wasn't really sure what the advantages were even though I read this topic, I didn't know if I really wanted a covered balcony. I went with GTY. I have now been allocated an AA midship, should I be worried? The plus side is, it is almost 6 months until my Cruise so the full suite could still be a possibility!;)[/QUOTE]
I would not worry, try out the AA and see how you like it. Many, many people think they are wonderful balconies. You know going in that it will be uncovered, so it is not a surprise. Depending on the placement of the ship, you will get some shade even uncovered. If you find that you simply must have a covered mini in the future, book a specific cabin AD, book early because they sell out quickly, and mark it no upgrade.

[quote name='billyvegas']When I made my booking ADs were available, but I didn't choose one, I wasn't really sure what the advantages were even though I read this topic, I didn't know if I really wanted a covered balcony. I went with GTY. I have now been allocated an AA midship, should I be worried? The plus side is, it is almost 6 months until my Cruise so the full suite could still be a possibility!;)[/QUOTE]

It is more important IMO to book a covered balcony if you have fair skin or are going on a trip that potential could have rain (Alaska, etc...).

If you are in the Caribbean - I wouldn't worry about it.

I sometimes book a GTY balcony lowest level and sit back and watch, once I am where I want to be I tell my TA to mark it no upgrade!

Exp: Booked a lowest level balcony for my cruise in December was upgraded last week to a BA Caribe balcony:D jumped on my computer e-mailed my TA and she responded with "we have marked your reservation no further upgrade".

(I prefer a Caribe deck balcony over the uncovered dolphin deck mini's)

Thank you Princess!!!!:)

Reader

My TA just booked E731 today for a Dec 2012 cruise to Hawaii on the sapphire....I wanted this cabin and my TA requested for it....does this mean there is a chance i will get upgraded to Dolphin deck or do i have to call and say "no upgradde"?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Huh? Do you mean your TA booked [U]you[/U]in E731 -- and you just left out the pronoun? Plus, I'm not sure what "requested for it" means -- do you have the cabin confirmed or not? If you are confirmed, and that's what you want, then yes, you do need to have it marked "do not upgrade," or you could be upgraded to a minisuite on Dolphin. Am I answering your question correctly?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='rdsqrl'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Huh? Do you mean your TA booked [U]you[/U]in E731 -- and you just left out the pronoun? Plus, I'm not sure what "requested for it" means -- do you have the cabin confirmed or not? If you are confirmed, and that's what you want, then yes, you do need to have it marked "do not upgrade," or you could be upgraded to a minisuite on Dolphin. Am I answering your question correctly?[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

sorry, yes my TA booked me in E731 after telling her i wanted that cabin....I am confirmed in this cabin but i do not want to be upgraded....

[quote name='GOcanucksGO']sorry, yes my TA booked me in E731 after telling her i wanted that cabin....I am confirmed in this cabin but i do not want to be upgraded....[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo] Yes, do have her mark it "do not upgrade," and you should be just fine. Enjoy![/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='billyvegas']This Topic has got me wondering if I have done the right thing with my booking on the Grand in December. I have booked an AD GTY hoping for an upgrade to a full suite. There are cabin assignments available for this catergory at the moment and AE's at the same price, at the AFT of the ship. We are non smokers. What are the advanages of having an allocated AD as opposed to chancing an upgrade and getting a Mini Suite elsewhere.

Mainly how do we avoid the smoke? Is it that bad?

Sorry about the hijack!

Billy[/quote]

You can avoid the smoke by postponing your trip until after the new smoking rules take effect after Jan 15. Otherwise, you have a better chance in an inside cabin. Until then, you pay extra, usually a LOT extra, and there's no guarantee your balcony will offer fresh air.

Archived