Info about "gift preferences" for D and D plus

39august

Just spoke with Diamond desk about these new gifts. There is one per person for D and D+ and then there is the second "bonus" for D+, which is only one per cabin. All these will be delivered to your cabin unless you call prior to sailing and advise to deliver to the dining room. I also confirmed that any wine deliverd to your cabin and taken to the dining room WILL be charged a corkage fee. This is not right, but it is what RCI has done in the past. Forewarned is forearmed. Also, I just created a "My Cruise" account for my husband so that we can each get the one "gift". Both spouses have to have a "My Cruise" account in order for each to select a gift, and you have to use separate e-mail accounts. We share one, so I used my son's to create my husband's account. Hey, if they are willing to give us 2 cheap bottles of wine, we'll take it! It's not so bad with food!

Just spoke with Diamond desk about these new gifts. There is one per person for D and D+ and then there is the second "bonus" for D+, which is only one per cabin. All these will be delivered to your cabin unless you call prior to sailing and advise to deliver to the dining room. I also confirmed that any wine deliverd to your cabin and taken to the dining room WILL be charged a corkage fee. This is not right, but it is what RCI has done in the past. Forewarned is forearmed. Also, I just created a "My Cruise" account for my husband so that we can each get the one "gift". Both spouses have to have a "My Cruise" account in order for each to select a gift, and you have to use separate e-mail accounts. We share one, so I used my son's to create my husband's account. Hey, if they are willing to give us 2 cheap bottles of wine, we'll take it! It's not so bad with food!

Thanks for the info.

How are Diamond's getting Wine? I don't get it? I went in and selected my gift preferences and I am Diamond and the only options I had were sodas or juice or water.

I don't get it?

Wine is not an option for D.

I just made accounts for my DH, DS and DD, and set up the preferences for each.

Happily, both my grown children were grandfathered in at D, but with a much lower credit amount that my DH and myself.

May I ask how you went about creating a My Cruise account for your husband?

Our My Cruises account is in my husband's name. When I try to add myself, it tells me that I'm already a member! I'm in his profile and we each have different e-mail accounts.

Happily, both my grown children were grandfathered in at D, but with a much lower credit amount that my DH and myself.

Please share how you did this.

Patti- I can't remember how I got started as a person on the Diamond desk walked me thru' it. Try calling. They will steer you right. Oh, and you each have to have separate e-mail addresses. We share one, but I used my son's address for my husband's My Cruises account.

Please share how you did this.

There might be an easier way, but this is what worked for me.

-Go to rccl.com

-If your acct. comes up as a default (mine always does) then LOGOUT (top of page).

-Then click LOGIN

-Again, my info comes up filled-in. Just click the "create one now" link in the information paragraph.

-Fill out all the new information with a new username and password for whoever it is you are setting up an account for. - deleting your own information if it's there as a default.

Then you can logout or in to any of the accounts.

Hopefully that helps. :)

Patti- I can't remember how I got started as a person on the Diamond desk walked me thru' it. Try calling. They will steer you right. Oh, and you each have to have separate e-mail addresses. We share one, but I used my son's address for my husband's My Cruises account.

Thank you.

-Go to rccl.com

-If your acct. comes up as a default (mine always does) then LOGOUT (top of page).

-Then click LOGIN

-Again, my info comes up filled-in. Just click the "create one now" link in the information paragraph.

-Fill out all the new information with a new username and password for whoever it is you are setting up an account for. - deleting your own information if it's there as a default.

If I have a user name other than my given name.........will that work?

Patti

I could not get it to work either. So I just called Diamond + desk and she entered all the information for me. We are headed out on the Serenade in a couple of weeks for a B2B.

We need to get all the Coconuts together for another cruise.

Lynn

Thank you.

If I have a user name other than my given name.........will that work?

The username is just the name you are giving your acct. for signing on - (like cruisenfever here). If you are setting up for someone else, delete that and give them a new username.

Some are already taken. I use a combo of initials and actual name for ours and it took 3 tries to get one that wasn't already being used for my DS's.

Patti

I could not get it to work either. So I just called Diamond + desk and she entered all the information for me. We are headed out on the Serenade in a couple of weeks for a B2B.

We need to get all the Coconuts together for another cruise.

Lynn

Hi Lynn how are you? Say hi to Dick for us. Enjoy your b2b on Serenade.

The username is just the name you are giving your acct. for signing on - (like cruisenfever here). If you are setting up for someone else, delete that and give them a new username.

Some are already taken. I use a combo of initials and actual name for ours and it took 3 tries to get one that wasn't already being used for my DS's.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I should be good to do now. I just didn't want to screw up my husbands account.:eek:

-Go to rccl.com

-Then click LOGIN

SUCCESS at last!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much!!

And when I was finished, both Jim and I have the same number of points!!!!!!!

How were your grown children grandfathered in if they have a lower cruise credit then you have ?

How were your grown children grandfathered in if they have a lower cruise credit then you have ?

I believe they grandfathered in everyone who had a C&A standing at the time of the change. My kids have had their own C&A numbers since we first started cruising RCCL. They were given the same status I had, which is now D. I wasn't sure what would happen with them once the change happened, but I'm glad they retained their D status. With the lower cruise points though, they will need a lot of cruises before they will advance. A pretty generous deal by RCCL, really.

I believe they grandfathered in everyone who had a C&A standing at the time of the change. My kids have had their own C&A numbers since we first started cruising RCCL. They were given the same status I had, which is now D. I wasn't sure what would happen with them once the change happened, but I'm glad they retained their D status. With the lower cruise points though, they will need a lot of cruises before they will advance. A pretty generous deal by RCCL, really.

You are correct. Both my sons and my DIL are all Diamond with low points. My son asked today on the phone what the points meant, and I told him if he ever planned to sail more than 175 nights on a ship I would explain..............he said "never mind". :D

then there is the second "bonus" for D+, which is only one per cabin.

I wonder about this one. If I log into both my husband's D+ account and my D+ account separately, we both have the ability to select both the "Gift Preference" and the "Bonus Gift Preference". The only bonus gifts that say only one per cabin are the beach towel and the tote bag.

We were both able to select a bottle of wine under both gift categories for both accounts.

Edit: well it does say in teen-tiny letters one gift amenity per household, but they still let you each select what you want separately. I guess they sort it out before the cruise when they do the gifts.

Archived