Platinum question

morriscats

We are currently gold status with 49 days. I understand to be platinum you have to be at 50? We have a 28 day cruise booked in October and I know we will stay gold throughout that trip and be plantinum for the next trip - but will the 27 days (after we reach 50 days on this cruise) count toward Elite? Does this make sense?

We are currently gold status with 49 days. I understand to be platinum you have to be at 50? We have a 28 day cruise booked in October and I know we will stay gold throughout that trip and be plantinum for the next trip - but will the 27 days (after we reach 50 days on this cruise) count toward Elite? Does this make sense?

All of your days sailed count towards your Gold/Platinum/Elite Status. After you have completed the 28 day sailing in October, you will have sailed 77 days with Princess (49 days plus 28 days). You will have to sail 73 more days as Platinum before you reach Elite. Please remember, the number of cruises count also, it is either number of cruises or number of days, whichever comes first to reach the next tier in the Captain's Circle.

morriscats,

Don't know if you care, but if you do a short cruise (lots of 1- & 2-day coastal cruises in April & Sept) you'll have your platinum status for your 28-day cruise. You'll have the internet perk (500 mins, a $175 value), pre-dinner appetizers at Skywalkers & other platinum perks. Have a great time on the Sapphire...we did a similar cruise last year and had a blast!

morriscats,

Don't know if you care, but if you do a short cruise (lots of 1- & 2-day coastal cruises in April & Sept) you'll have your platinum status for your 28-day cruise. You'll have the internet perk (500 mins, a $175 value), pre-dinner appetizers at Skywalkers & other platinum perks. Have a great time on the Sapphire...we did a similar cruise last year and had a blast!

There are three 2 day San Francisco/Vancouver or Vancouver/San Francisco cruises prior to your Sapphire cruise that would be fairly convenient for you if you wanted Platinum for the 28 day cruise.

I definitely think it would be worth it to get your Platinum status before your 28-day cruise. In addition to the short coastal cruises, there are also some great prices for 7-night cruises to the Mexican Riviera in February and March on the Sapphire Princess.

I really don't think it is fare for one and two day cruises to count toward Platinum and Elite status. Only coastal people can really benefit. It doesn't pay for the rest of us with a hotel or two stay and airfare. And we like the longer cruises. On our last cruise several elite people were bragging how half of their cruises were on one or two day cruises. Doesn't seem right.

morriscats,

I know, we did consider this but just taking this 28 day cruise is a stretch for us time-wise. My DH still works part time and we have to cover his salary when he takes off. I did look at the 2 day S.F. to Vancouver. And I hate to fly. Oh well. If extra money pops up, maybe.

I know, we did consider this but just taking this 28 day cruise is a stretch for us time-wise. My DH still works part time and we have to cover his salary when he takes off. I did look at the 2 day S.F. to Vancouver. And I hate to fly. Oh well. If extra money pops up, maybe.

If you don't like to fly, would taking the train home be an option? We talked to many Canadian passengers on a Sydney/LA cruise who also sailed 30 days SF/Sydney & took trains to SF and home from LA...no flights.

We did like some others have suggested to take another cruise to qualify for Elite benefits on our 30 day cruise. The qualifying cruise was priced right & it was a good 'exuse' to take that 7 day cruise. ;)

Archived