mini length dress on elegant night?

Jenn24101

So, after searching around on the forums, it seems more go for shorter cocktail length dresses on carnival....i was wondering, if a short tight black halter dress is appropriate on the more formal nights? It is not what I would call formal, but beyond casual for sure. I'm not usually a mini-wearing kind of person but since the kids are staying home, thought I'd play sexy wife role instead of respectful mom this time :) My thought was I might as well have a little fun and be someone else for a week instead of boring stay at home mom.....but I don't want to be way out of place either :) Oh and I'm 28 if that matters! (I'm thinking there's probably an age limit to minis, no matter what shape you are in)

they do not care what you wear..................... Your supposed to get dressed up, many don't they can't forse you. Many go way overboard like the olden days Tux's and ballgowns. It's whatever floats your boat. I rarely dress up on a cruise, on a elegant night I might wear a skirt and blouse or even a solid t-shirt with a print skirt. Often just dress pants and a nice shirt. Other time I have been lazy and or forgotten to dress up.

Oh and I'm 28 if that matters! (I'm thinking there's probably an age limit to minis, no matter what shape you are in)

Ninety-two is probably too old, but you should be safe. Have a great time, but don't wander too far from your sweet side. Or, go ahead. ;)

• 8 months later...
So, after searching around on the forums, it seems more go for shorter cocktail length dresses on carnival....i was wondering, if a short tight black halter dress is appropriate on the more formal nights? It is not what I would call formal, but beyond casual for sure. I'm not usually a mini-wearing kind of person but since the kids are staying home, thought I'd play sexy wife role instead of respectful mom this time :) My thought was I might as well have a little fun and be someone else for a week instead of boring stay at home mom.....but I don't want to be way out of place either :) Oh and I'm 28 if that matters! (I'm thinking there's probably an age limit to minis, no matter what shape you are in)

I'm 28 as well :) I definitely wear minis when I'm in, say, Vegas...I guess it depends on how "mini" your dress really is? I wore shorter sundresses every night when I was on my cruise on the Dream last year (lots of pics in my review - the link is in my signature if you want to check it out) but to be honest none of them were SUPER mini. One night I wore a strapless dress that could probably be construed as ALMOST mini, and I wore pretty high heels (like 4 inches) and definitely got some interesting looks, haha.

Please wear that little black dress !! I think about 50 percent of the people in the main dining room will be men so right away you would have atleast 50 percent approval. !! :)-

Heh, heh, heh! As an older male, I approve, for sure. Seriously, if you have the shape to carry it off, go for it. I larger cities, short dresses are often worn to parties and such.

Doc

Wear it!! As long as you are comfortable and like someone else said not showing your lady bits then have at it!! I think it is cute that you want to play the sex kitten to your husband on vacation. Keep the marriage alive honey!!

Go for it. The shorter the better

Archived